Sanderson Automotive Service

Brett M.
Grove City, OH
Jeep Patriot
03/20/2019
Fixed my car but didn't tighten the lug nuts on my car
Fixed my vehicle but they did not tighten the lug nuts when they were done. The next garage I went to told me that they were able to unscrew the lug nuts by hand on both of the front tires.
Mike S., Manager from Sanderson Automotive Service responded on 03/28/2019

I would like to first say I am sorry that your lug nuts were not properly torqued. I will not try to make excuses as to why this happened. We have never had this happen before, but our proceedure for hand torqueing the lug nuts was not followed. I have addressed this issue with all my employees and added another step that requires two people verify that all wheels are properly torqued. I have tryed to reach you by phone, and left you a massage.

Mike Sanderson
Manager
614-277-8020

Jack B.
Columbus, OH
11/21/2018
Don't go to Sanderson Automotive
Twice as expensive as the other rip off joint. Took in a Subaru 2.5 with a bad miss fire for diagnostic only - I didn't have time to deal with it myself. $100 later Sanderson comes back with "leaking valve cover gasket and plug tube seal with oil fouled plug wire." I replace gaskets, seals, plugs, and wires with no effect - what the heck. Now I have to deal with it. Check; fuel injectors - ok, coils - ok, compression - 60lbs on cyl. 1 & 3. Aha, likely head gasket blown, but wait, timing marks won't line up. Timing belt has jumped three teeth on the cam pulley. Pull head - has bent exhaust valves. So for what did Sanderson Automotive charge me $100 - a visual inspection. They don't charge more because they are better, they charge more to make you think they are better. They are not!
Mike S., Manager from Sanderson Automotive Service responded on 12/18/2018

Jack, I would like to state right off that I apologize if there was any misunderstanding which I feel there may be- I felt that we were very clear in our communications with and the items that were evaluated per standards on your vehicle that needed servicing based on these standard and/or failure. All repairs approved by you were completed in a step by step process and as we went over with you and approval to perform- Our goal here is to perform the necessary checks and repairs for all of our clients- and to note we do a pretty successful job at this day in and day out. I will be more than glad to address any needs and/or concerns that you may have and provide you with the best service practices that we can provide- I do understand just how frustrating it can be at times with repairs that are not expected or planned on.

We thank you for your business and understanding----

Mike Sanderson
Manager
614-277-8020

Casey S.
Ohio
Chrysler Sebring
04/18/2018 Category: Service
Casey said he took his vehicle into the business twice and they still have not corrected all the issues. The staff performed work on the vehicle that was not approved, resulting in a higher end cost.