Latest Review about 1 month ago

Devin C.
11/12/2014 Category: Service
Devin said this business installed a new clutch in his vehicle. They took an extra day because they installed the wrong part. He did call 2 days before he brought his vehicle in to ensure they had the right parts. He would not recommend them due to this experience.
Mike G. from South Ogden Tunex responded on 11/15/2014

I do apologize for the inconvience. On your hyundai there is 2 options and without the car at our location its impossible to determine which clutch you car requires so we went with the most common application which turned out to be incorrect. I would like to have a chance to win your business back if that sounds like something we can do for you give me a call and let me know.

Thanks, Cameron
Store Manager

ZW
Zeb W.
07/19/2014
Missed deadlines, ignorant and arrogant about the vehicle.
Today I am pretty disappointed. I took my 1991 Saab 900 Convertible to Tunex to have the charging system troubleshot and the alternator replaced. Cameron gave me a fair bid and said he could have the car totally repaired today. (I absolutely need a car for work Monday morning, my usual mechanic isn't open on weekends) I realize my car is rare and quirky, so before I left it, I offered some detailed instructions and resources from the countries leading Saab mechanic. Cameron said he had no use for them and that his guys knew how to do the job right. About 45 minutes before closing time I got a call saying that my repair would be complete if I authorized Tunex to manufacture a custom gasket for $30. I said "great, no problem!" I was told "great, we've got it almost done, plan on picking it up at four."

I got a ride from a friend (for the second time) in hopes of picking up my car. We arrived at 4:00pm and the vehicle was still in the shop with the hood open and several men standing around it with various cables and wires. Cameron told me that he had installed a new alternator and my brand new battery still wasn't taking a charge. He indicated that I "must have big problems elsewhere". He also UNtactfully added "These were horrible cars, that's why the company went out of business."
At that point, one of the mechanics came in and asked Cameron for a "wiring diagram" for the car. They hadn't and couldn't find one in time to fix my car before closing time. I offered to email a copy of all the wiring diagrams for this particular car from my personal Bentley Service Manual. Cameron scribbled an email address down and I have been sending PDF's for the last hour.

In summary, this is a different car than you're use to seeing. I get it. You guys are smarter than me for sure and I respect you for being about to do the work on it that I can't. Perhaps, next time you could respect me, your customer, enough to listen and accept any information that might make things go more smoothly. That way, you don't have to promise me a working car by Saturday afternoon and then leave me hanging until Monday.

In spite of all this, I still trust you guys to make it right. Mistakes do happen, and Saabs are definitely unique (I've had 7 in my short lifetime) But don't add insult to injury by insulting me and my car as I've just scraped up enough money to have the old girl fixed to get me to work on Monday.

This is probably one of the more pithy comments, but like I said, I understand mistakes happening. My car is sitting at Tunex the rest of the weekend waiting for you awesome guys to show her some Swedish love. Please make it happen for me and I will be your biggest advocates ever.
Cameron S. from South Ogden Tunex responded on 07/22/2014

Please re score

TW
Tabor W.
Acura TL
01/25/2014 Category: Service
Tabor said the service this business provides is good but he asked them to check on a part and they never got back to him about it.
Cameron S. from South Ogden Tunex responded on 01/29/2014

I do apologize and I would like to resolve this issue if you are willing to let us handle it I will do what I can to make sure you are a satisfied customer. Contact us if you would like us to resolve this matter. 801-479-5367

NT
Nick T.
12/12/2012 Category: Service
Nick said they forgot to rotate his tires. They were friendly. It's just that he doesn't get much time to take care of things like that, and he had to go back for it.