Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5rating 4.1

2000 Reviews

Overall Rating 4.18182/5Overall Rating 4.18182/5Overall Rating 4.18182/5Overall Rating 4.18182/5rating 4.18182
Overall Rating 2.15152/5Overall Rating 2.15152/5rating 2.15152rating 2.15152rating 2.15152

08/24/2019 Category: Service
Great response
Jamie was very proactive with fielding and correcting the problem I was experiencing

08/24/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication
Shop does not answer or return calls
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 08/26/2019

We will reach out today.

PA
Philip A.
Issue Resovled
After an oversight I received a call from Chris and he was very helpful in resolving the issue. Staff is very friendly and courteous.

Service Department is questionable
I took my vehicle in to get a recall cleared and also needed a rattling sound in my engine checked out. Getting the recall cleared was no an issue. As for the rattling sound in my engine, your mechanics performed a visual inspection and determined that the drive belt tensioner and bracket assembly needed to be replaced. When I was quoted a figure of $800 to have this fixed I decided it would be best to get a second opinion. I picked up my vehicle and paid the $125 diagnostic fee.

I then took my vehicle to a local mechanic to see if he could fix the problem at a reasonable price. After his inspection of the vehicle he was convinced the issue was the alternator and not the drive belt tensioner. He also called a local Hyundai dealer and was able to determine that tensioner issues on my vehicle were not very common. However, giving your mechanics benefit of the doubt he agreed to replace the tensioner first to see if that solved the problem; it did not. He was gracious enough to not charge me for that part and only charge me one hour of labor. He then replaced the alternator and it turns out that was the issue all along. Your mechanics did not even mention this in their write up.
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/17/2018

I would love to speak with you regarding your most recent service visit and have left a message for you. We always make every effort to thoroughly diagnose every vehicle. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best Regards,
Chris Sandlin

Robbye B.
Cary, NC
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
Service and response timeliness
Appreciated Chris calling me today regarding my recent visit. I believe an honest mistake was made and Chris and his team have a plan to rectify the problem.
Again, the actual service provided for my vehicle and to myself were top notch. They just happen not to re-check the drop box the day I came for service.
Thanks.

check the drop box
see above
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/16/2018

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next service appointment.

Best Regards,
Chris Sandlin

MA
Michael A.
04/19/2018 Category: Service
they were very helpful in working with me to resolce the issue
I Spoke with Jamie and he was in every way how manager should be . He was very professional in his approach of the situation.

04/19/2018 Category: Service
damaged vehicle lying about it paying for service that wasn't done
No not until they at least fire the service manager as he treats customer's like trash.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/19/2018

Our GM has responded to your complaint.

--Jamie Holcomb

LG
Lora G.
11/15/2017 Category: Service
Good Will prevailed
Thank you for responding to my feelings about our last service at Southern States.
You have made things right for us. I appreciate your efforts and the good will toward your customers. Thank you.

11/15/2017 Category: Service
When is work warranty work or paid by customer
My break lights were out on my 2012 Sonata. When repaired he said one bulb was laying loose and the other one was installed wrong. I paid 30.00 plus for repair and ask about if warranty covered it. He said anything to do with bulbs was not. Only thing, my problem was not fault of bulbs but when car was manufactured
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/16/2017

Lora,

Bulbs are normally not covered at your mileage. Next time you are in I will favor you on a service. I will at least credit your 30$ back. Just come introduce yourself and I will make it right.

---Jamie

LE
Lori E.
Wendell, NC
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
07/06/2016 Category: Service

07/06/2016 Category: Service
Change this review to 5 stars!!!
I want to give Southern States Hyundai 5 stars!!! They have been great from the beginning. They have worked diligently with me, treated me with kindness and have communicated throughout the process. I will totally continue to use the service department and purchase another car from them in the future. A
Rick S., Service Manager from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/07/2016

We are still attempting to resolve the issue and will work diligently to try to ease your concerns about the car. Please note that the survey reflects on us not Hyundai.

Rick Schultz
919-839-7420

06/23/2016 Category: Service
Response to complaint
Thank you for your concern regarding this matter

06/23/2016 Category: Service
Seemed very disorganized.
Said there was a mix up in paper work, how do you do that with simple oil change??
Rick S., Service Manager from Southern States Hyundai responded on 06/24/2016

We apologize for the extend wait at our facility. Please allow us to perform your next oil and filter service at no charge to you for your inconvenience.

Rick Schultz
919-839-7420

PP
Penny P.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
09/11/2019 Category: Service
Great job
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 09/12/2019

Great customers!  Thanks for the review!!

GC
Gary C.
2018 Hyundai Kona
09/10/2019 Category: Service
More peopleMOre people
There needs to be more people or a dedicated person to take care of new customers
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 09/11/2019

VJ
Vicki J.
Garner, NC
Excellence
Very nice service and honesty. And very friendly. I will continue my service.5 rate

Thank you! See you soon!

Robert O.
Rolesville, NC
2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
Consuelo ocasio
Great service. Ray is the best mechanic.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 09/06/2019

Thanks! we like Ray alot too!

SP
Sharon P.
2015 Hyundai Genesis
09/03/2019 Category: Service
Alllllllpp
Good customer service, keep me in informed on repairs
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 09/04/2019

Thank You!!!

RT
Rebecca T.
Willow Spring, NC
2016 Hyundai Veloster
09/02/2019 Category: Service
Mr. Jamie and Decoda and the whole service team and everyone
I would love to but I o don't like how Hyundai Motors have treated me love my dealership I would recommend them but the upper head really sucks. They don't seem to care about the customers. This is my second veloster I have had and it has been terrible 2015 and 2016 both brand new cars guess it will take me to get hurt or killed before something is done which it like to have been August 23, 2019. Someone need to do something.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 09/03/2019

We are trying....Hang in there!

2014 Hyundai Elantra
09/01/2019 Category: Service
Slow oil change
Needs faster service for oil changes with an appointment.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 09/02/2019

Feedback noted.   Thanks.

Lessie M.
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/31/2019 Category: Service
Friendly kind fast
I love the experience. And no regrets
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 09/02/2019

Charles N.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
08/28/2019 Category: Service
Good customer service
I received good customer service on the day my Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2013 was serviced. The technician explained my choices adequately and thoroughly.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 08/29/2019

Thank you for your business and the review!

PW
Paige W.
08/28/2019 Category: Service
Mike Webb & his team delivered great customer service
I had been frustrated with an ongoing issue and every time I brought it in I would talk to someone new so no one knew what I was talking about or how to fix it. On top of that, they informed me that the dealership no longer provides transportation to my work because they had cut back the radius that they provided transportation. But the last few times I've had to bring it in I have worked with Mike Webb and his team and have been really happy with the level of customer service they provided. They went above and beyond to find the cause of the issue, fix my car in a timely manner, explain to me what was going on, and to get me transportation to work as much as possible. They are restoring my faith in hyundai and the customer service at southern states.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 08/28/2019