Overall Rating 4.11/5Overall Rating 4.11/5Overall Rating 4.11/5Overall Rating 4.11/5rating 4.11
4.1

Overall Rating 4.2222228/5Overall Rating 4.2222228/5Overall Rating 4.2222228/5Overall Rating 4.2222228/5rating 4.2222228
Overall Rating 2.16667/5Overall Rating 2.16667/5rating 2.16667rating 2.16667rating 2.16667

Shay B.
10/28/2019
Disappointing
Two stars because the sales team were very nice and greeted me with big smiles! However, I wasted two and half hours for nothing at all!! I came in today: 10/28/2019 @ around 9:45 AM and I needed them to look at my driver side window on my 2012 Hyundai Genesis because the window fell into the door frame as I tried to roll it down. As I was giving my info to Javon (who by the way was really nice), he asked me if I had any other problems with the car. I informed him that when I drive it sometime the car shuts off on me. He informed me that they would diagnosis the car. As we were finishing up with getting all of my information, I asked him if they could not fix the window, can they put the window up and I wouldn't mess with it that way my car is still secured. He informed me that he would let the mechanics know.

After waiting for a hour and a half I went to go get some food down the street and then Javon called me around 11: 30 AM and told me that my car is ready and that they could not figure out what was wrong with my car and that they would have to order the part for the window. So I waited for an hour and a half for them to tell me that they can't fix my window because they needed to order the part and they don't know what is wrong with my car. Still they wanted to charge me $139 for what? I am not sure because nothing got diagnosed and the window did not get fixed!!!!

I go out to my car and I see that the window is still down!!! I turn around and go back to Javon and asked him why they were not able to put the window up. Javon goes to speak to the mechanic and comes back to tell me that they would have to charge me extra just to put the window up!! WHATTT? I just paid $139 for nothing to be fixed or diagnosed on my car, and ya'll can't even give me the courtesy to put my window up. I am sure that you had to take the door panel off to see which part was needing to be replaced and you couldn't move the window up!! I am $139 down and my car is in the same condition before I brought it here. It really shows what this company is about!! MONEY!!
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 10/29/2019

I will reach out today.

-Jamie

08/24/2019 Category: Service
Great response
Jamie was very proactive with fielding and correcting the problem I was experiencing

08/24/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication
Shop does not answer or return calls
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 08/26/2019

Clayton, NC
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/18/2018 Category: Service
Disappointed
Service workers were not careful when working in interior of car and left oil stain on leather seat. My car in only six months old and now needs professional interior cleaning. Would not recommend this dealership if you want to keep your car in nice, clean condition.
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 06/18/2018

I apologize for the stains in the seat. We always try to take every precaution to prevent anything like this happening. I have left a message and look forward to speaking with you to try and get this resolved.

Best Regards,
Chris Sandlin

Dorris C.
2005 Hyundai Tucson
06/13/2018 Category: Service
Poor timing
Poor timing
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 06/13/2018

I apologize for any inconvenience in the time it took to get your vehicle completed. I would love to speak with you regarding your last service visit.

Best Regards,
Chris Sandlin

LL
Lisa L.
Smithfield, NC
2007 Hyundai Azera
03/21/2018 Category: Service
Recall
After the recall being done they tried to get my son to have $400 worth of work done to his car. The things needed had already been done by his father.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 03/22/2018

Hi,

We do a multi-point inspection on every car. Based on the mileage and fluid conditions, we made recommendations. You always have the option to accept or decline.

--Jamie Holcomb

Durham, NC
03/20/2018 Category: Service
Bring a sleeping bag!
Nice people, had a great experience with the initial purchase, but why in God’s name was i there over 2.5 hours for an oil change? I have never experienced anything like that. Arrived before 10:30 am, left after 1 pm. I just don’t see the point in “appointments” if they clearly mean nothing.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 03/21/2018

I will research this and call a bit later.

Reuel H.
Cary, NC
2012 Hyundai Genesis
03/13/2018 Category: Service
Unacceptable repair costs and explaination
Due to Hyundai having a faulty trans temp sensor, I was forced to pay for an entirely new valve body assembly costing over $2,100, and then with labor $350 additional parts $176 additional shop supplies I paid an additional $600, totaling over $2,700 for a faulty sensor that could dramatically impact the ability to even start my Genesis. I am very displeased and will be lodging an official complaint to Hyundai corporate for claiming that was not covered as I was not the original owner of the vehicle despite the fact that the Genesis had less than 40,000 miles and was in perfect working order with a history of maintenance prior to the faulty trans temp sensor.

Based upon the issue originally being diagnosed as a carbon build up in the engine block when I first had the Genesis towed to the dealership from my home when the Genesis would not start, I am holding on judging any work completed to be acceptable and addressing the issue until enough time has passed to assess if the idling in park or in gear exhibits signs of issues.

Compensation for the exorbitant cost of repairs and contact me to explain why this is a common occurrence with other Hyundai models. I have heard this from both Hyundai dealership employees as well as independent auto mechanics who would perform the repair but also would have to order the part directly from Hyundai as a part only available through Hyundai as the manufacturer.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 03/14/2018

Sir,

Unfortunately we have very little to do with what is covered by Hyundai, contacting them would be where I would start. I will help you any way I can.

----Jamie

Bradley B.
03/01/2018 Category: Service
Would NOT Recommend
The service was like all other shops. Nothing sets them apart from others. Reason I would not recommend them is because they try and rip you off. They “recommend” work on things that have with nothing wrong with it. They put fulse information on the checkout paperwork in hopes you will not look and just tell them to go ahead and fix it. This is unprofessional and unacceptable.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 03/01/2018

Mr. Barbosa,

As a courtesy to you we check over and recommend repairs needed to keep your vehicle running like new. You have the option to accept or decline. We in no way falsify any recommendations. I do hope you return, and I am sorry that you feel this way.

Clayton, NC
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/14/2018 Category: Service
Leaking Oil
This was my car's very first oil change and when i got home it was leaking out. Obviously my oil change was not completed correctly. I have no idea how long my services took because they did not call me to let me know my car was ready. I had to call them.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 02/14/2018

Yikes, I will call shortly...

EO
Ericka O.
Knightdale, NC
02/09/2018 Category: Service
Service Casualties
All people should make sure they research their upcoming service beforehand, or, have someone with them who can explain things to them to prevent overcharge and non needed services.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 02/09/2018

Part of our service is to look over your car and inform you of our findings. The customer always has the option to approve or disapprove. The 30k mile mark is generally where more of the services come due. We use every precaution to avoid the perception of us pressuring customers to buy. That is never the intention, only to inform. I am open to hear your imput and value your opinion.

Jamie Holcomb

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
01/11/2018 Category: Service
Service Department Opportunity
Will only bring my vehicle back for warranty items
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 01/12/2018

We will reach out today.

TW
Travis W.
12/26/2017 Category: Service
Room for much improvement
Southern States Hyundai Service center is by far the most disappointing service center. They will not communicate or better yet, answer the telephone, however when you come to the service center they seem surprised and frustrated with your failure to wait by a phone for their call. The canned responses you will receive are fingers pointed at either the phone system or blaming someone else.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 12/27/2017

Travis,

I am sorry you feel this way. We are working hard to improve.

JU
James U.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
12/16/2017 Category: Service
Unacceptable
Unacceptable
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 12/18/2017

Mr. Utley,

I make the advisors and technicians check and report the condition of your tires as a courtesy to you. As far as the wash, we have contracted and outside company to do this for us. Sometimes this is a service that takes extra time. I will wash your car for you if/when you can drop it off. We currently have in our plans to build a drive thru type wash in the near future.

11/30/2017 Category: Service
Poor customer service
Staff was dismissive and inattentive. Service for a simple oil change took far too long, and there was no communication during the service as to the status of my car or when it was even complete, had I not asked I'd probably still be sitting there waiting. Key batteries for Hyundai's apparently die ridiculously fast, I've had my car less than a year, and the dealership requires you to pay for a new battery rather than simply replacing it and apologizing for any inconvenience it might have caused (aka I wasn't able to get to work because my key died without warning).
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/30/2017

Hi,

I appoligise for your poor experience. We are taking steps to address several mentioned issues.

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/22/2017 Category: Service
poor customer service
poor customer service
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/24/2017

I will do my best to make this right if you have any interest.

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
11/14/2017 Category: Service
Review
See previous comments
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/15/2017

Hi,

I am looking into your visit, this is not the norm.

CLINT C.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
11/03/2017 Category: Service
Not Good
Still not good, this is round 2 and service / communication still bad!
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/04/2017

Clint,

Sounds frustrating for sure. I will keep a lookout for a car and set something up with you ASAP!

2016 Hyundai Genesis
10/31/2017 Category: Service
Slow service time
3.5 hours for scheduled maintenance and a state in-extion
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/01/2017

Hi,

We are currently installing an express service to speed things up. It is located right behind the main shop and will be done mid-nov.

Thanks,
Jamie

WR
Wagner R.
10/28/2017 Category: Service
Disappointed customer
I guess the place looks good, but it doesn’t match the quality of work done there , the people working there DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMERS.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 10/30/2017

Wagner,

I care about customers. I would like to hear what we need to improve. 919-839-7516.

Robert B.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/22/2017 Category: Service
Just a dealership
I would only recommend a Hyundai vehicle
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 10/23/2017

Hi,

There isn't a fee for warranty work. We charge a fee for diagnostic work if it isn't covered by warranty. Sorry for the confusion. We should have explained it better.