Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5Overall Rating 4.1/5
4.1

Julie D.
11/13/2019 Category: Service
Good service until they wouldn't reimburse rental as promised
Everyone initially was pleasant and helpful, but the service worker had no loaner cars available, and he told me Hyundai would fully reimburse me for a rental car so I could get to work. After going through the process of submitting my request for reimbursement, I was offered a measly $20, not the $175 I had to spend on the rental. I had chosen the smallest, cheapest rental and returned it as soon as possible once they informed me my car was fixed. This was a warranty issue that I had previously had "fixed" by another Hyundai dealer. I believed the worker when he promised me full reimbursement of the rental. After speaking to 3 "customer care" reps, I got nowhere, only fake empathy and no explanation why what I was promised wasn't followed through on. After that, I left 2 voicemails for the service worker to request further help, neither of which were responded to.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/14/2019

I will reach out today.

-Jamie Holcomb 919-839-7372

Clayton, NC
2014 Hyundai Elantra
09/01/2019 Category: Service
Slow oil change
Needs faster service for oil changes with an appointment.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 09/02/2019

Feedback noted.   Thanks.

-Jamie

Margaret H.
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
08/01/2019 Category: Service
Service is very expensive and sloppy work.
Had oil changed with no tire rotation and the total cost was close to $60. The next two days old oil dripped on garage floor as technician did not clean away old oil doing this service. Car has 18,000 miles and tried to sell cabin air filter. I asked to see current filter and they said this recommendation was based on time and not inspection of current filter. I obviously did not need new filter on car with only 18,000 miles.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 08/05/2019

I will reach out today.

-Jamie

Annie B.
Kittrell, NC
07/17/2019 Category: Service
The facilities are clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and comfortable, but the prices are too high. I didn't expect a 2.5 hour wait time with an appointment.
Overall 3.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 07/19/2019

One of our staff will be reaching out shortly.

Louisburg, NC
2015 Hyundai Elantra
06/12/2018 Category: Service
Ball was dropped
If it wasn’t for the service manager this review would be a 1. 2.5 hrs for an oil change and tire rotation. I asked for my spark plugs to be changed too but that never happened.
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 06/13/2018

Thank you so much for choosing Southern States Hyundai. I do apologize for the wait time and appreciate you taking the time to speak with me. We hope to see you for your next scheduled maintenance.

Garner, NC
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/07/2018 Category: Service
Do what’s discussed!
Needs to make sure the whole tickets is complete and notes are taken as to no inconvenience the customer.
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 06/07/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me today. As we talked about on the phone just let me know once you are able to set up an appointment to get the center console concern resolved. We look forward to seeing you next time.

SG
Sharon G.
06/05/2018 Category: Service
Do It Right the First Time
My time is valuable. Please complete all service requested in first visit.
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 06/06/2018

I do apologize for any inconvenience in having to bring your vehicle back. We always try to make sure every vehicle is serviced properly. We hope to exceed your expectations at your next service.

Durham, NC
05/12/2018 Category: Service
Bring back shuttle service
Good communication and service, but need to provide shuttle service for customers.
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/14/2018

Thank you so much for choosing Southern States Hyundai. I apologize for any inconvenience regarding the shuttle service. We try to have accommodations for everyone. I have taken note of your concern and will see what options we can provide in the future.

05/11/2018 Category: Service
Ok
I do not like the $125 diagnosis fee
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/11/2018

Anytime a vehicle comes in for service we always try to make sure all bases are covered in case the situation arises where a part is not covered under warranty. Once the vehicle is diagnosed and we find it is covered under warranty the customer is not responsible for any diagnosis fee. I will reach out on Monday to discuss your most recent service visit.

05/10/2018 Category: Service
Double-check their work. They rely on computers
Southern States Hyundai normally gives great service. I'm not fond of my last trip. It seems like the mechanic just used the computer and that is it. I would think that if a note is there to look at a tail light, you can take an extra minute and look at that tail light to verify if it's out or not.

I shouldn't have to double check their work. Then I have to pay for it since you all messed up. I will go back but that wasn't nice.
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/10/2018

We always try to do quality work and never want a customer to feel like they have to double check the work that has been done. I have called and left a message and would like to speak with you when you are available.

Cary, NC
04/17/2018 Category: Service
Oil Change
I took my car in to get an oil change. The oil change was performed fine, as far as I can tell, however a paper covering was not placed over my floor mat. As a result, I was left with greasy footprints on the floor mat. When I called to inform the staff, I was offered to have my car detailed. While I appreciate the offer, it inconveniences me because I need to request time off work in order to have this done.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/17/2018

I will entertain picking it up for you.

--Jamie Holcomb
919-839-7372

Maria R.
2015 Hyundai Elantra
04/14/2018 Category: Service
I just need more insight to my vehicle since I do not have any knowledge. I want to be able to trust this dealership and that they will be honest with me and my vehicle. I want to build that type of relationship with them since I will be trusting my car with them and I want my car in good hands.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/16/2018

I/we are happy to go over any questions or maintenance schedules with you.

CP
Connie P.
04/13/2018 Category: Service
Getting a call back, recording always from service dept
Again diffificult rewching service dept, always get a recording
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/16/2018

We are working hard on the phones.

Wake Forest, NC
04/09/2018 Category: Service
Convenient Location for Me
Employees seemed friendly and helpful.
Waiting are was clean, spacious and comfortable and so wonderful that you provide water, snacks, coffee, reading material, etc. Thank you
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/09/2018

Thank you for your business!!

EJ
Earl J.
Garner, NC
04/05/2018 Category: Service
Service was not completely done!
A3star
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/06/2018

I will look into the issue and call today!