Overall Rating 4.08/5Overall Rating 4.08/5Overall Rating 4.08/5Overall Rating 4.08/5rating 4.08

1964 Reviews

Overall Rating 4.1562528/5Overall Rating 4.1562528/5Overall Rating 4.1562528/5Overall Rating 4.1562528/5rating 4.1562528
Overall Rating 2.15625/5Overall Rating 2.15625/5rating 2.15625rating 2.15625rating 2.15625

FY
F Y.
Durham, NC
03/26/2019
Very unprofessional desk staff- Mr. Ryan Zimmer - at hyundai service
We are regular customers for years. But recent experience with Mr. Ryan Zimmer desk staff was horrible. Our review IS zero (0) star
1) Yelled and Noticeably shaked his head and sighed when things do not go as he wanted to. (i.e., lack of communication skills); 2) made a fun of our last name which we have never experienced with other staff here

SJ
Samuel J.
Zebulon, NC
03/25/2019 Category: Service
Sj
BRENT B. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 03/26/2019

Samuel,

I'm sorry you had an issue with your vehicle after the recall was completed. We will try our best to help resolve this issue. I will reach out to you to have a time set to bring the vehicle in to have a look at it.

With Appreciation,
Brent Boothe

Rob H.
12/28/2018
Recall, from an obviously untrained staff
Went in for a recall on my 15 sonata, told it would take 1-1.5 hrs, took over 2.
The service guy did come to recommend some needed maint.
Mike said my engine and cabin filter needed changing, no they were done under 5 k miles sgo. Coolant flush, was low and contaminated,and best was that I only had 1-1.5 quarts of oil in my engine, so I asked if they drained it and measured the contents, since the dipstick only measures at most two quarts down, out of five in the crsnkcase. He said he would ask the "technician" he came back and said the sticker on the windshield said the oil needed to be changed at 35k and you have 58k, and he said the dipstick said I only have 1.5 quarts in the engine. The sticker was old and I needed a quart of oil, I always wait to put a full qt. In at a time. Got home put a qt. In checked filters, all good.
A little training on how to read a dipstick and check components properly, would go a long way. Guess the free recall needed other sales. Nice waiting room....
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 12/28/2018

I sincerely apologize for your wait time and the recommendations. We will be reaching out to discuss this most recent service visit.

TW
Thomas W.
Willow Spring, NC
10/08/2018
Last visit for me
Went for a simple oil change and tire rotation. I got to 440 and then tire pressure warning light comes on, less than 28lb. of air in all but one tire. This was my first visit in my brand new car. If I didn't have another appointment I would have brought it back. Had to add air myself. Last visit for me.
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 10/08/2018

I do apologize about your tire pressure light coming on after leaving here. When performing the tire rotation all tires should have been set to manufacturers specifications. We will be reaching out to discuss your most recent service visit.

Clinton, NC
2010 Hyundai Veracruz
06/08/2018 Category: Service
Disappointed
Communication better with your customers
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 06/11/2018

Thank you for choosing Southern States Hyundai. I apologize for any lack of communication on our part. I will reach out to you later today.

PA
Philip A.
Issue Resovled
After an oversight I received a call from Chris and he was very helpful in resolving the issue. Staff is very friendly and courteous.

Service Department is questionable
I took my vehicle in to get a recall cleared and also needed a rattling sound in my engine checked out. Getting the recall cleared was no an issue. As for the rattling sound in my engine, your mechanics performed a visual inspection and determined that the drive belt tensioner and bracket assembly needed to be replaced. When I was quoted a figure of $800 to have this fixed I decided it would be best to get a second opinion. I picked up my vehicle and paid the $125 diagnostic fee.

I then took my vehicle to a local mechanic to see if he could fix the problem at a reasonable price. After his inspection of the vehicle he was convinced the issue was the alternator and not the drive belt tensioner. He also called a local Hyundai dealer and was able to determine that tensioner issues on my vehicle were not very common. However, giving your mechanics benefit of the doubt he agreed to replace the tensioner first to see if that solved the problem; it did not. He was gracious enough to not charge me for that part and only charge me one hour of labor. He then replaced the alternator and it turns out that was the issue all along. Your mechanics did not even mention this in their write up.
Chris S. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/17/2018

I would love to speak with you regarding your most recent service visit and have left a message for you. We always make every effort to thoroughly diagnose every vehicle. I look forward to speaking with you.

Robbye B.
Cary, NC
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
Service and response timeliness
Appreciated Chris calling me today regarding my recent visit. I believe an honest mistake was made and Chris and his team have a plan to rectify the problem.
Again, the actual service provided for my vehicle and to myself were top notch. They just happen not to re-check the drop box the day I came for service.
Thanks.

check the drop box
see above
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 05/16/2018

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next service appointment.

TT
Tom T.
04/23/2018 Category: Service
x
already stated
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/24/2018

I am looking into this situation.

MA
Michael A.
Clayton, NC
04/19/2018 Category: Service
they were very helpful in working with me to resolce the issue
I Spoke with Jamie and he was in every way how manager should be . He was very professional in his approach of the situation.

04/19/2018 Category: Service
damaged vehicle lying about it paying for service that wasn't done
No not until they at least fire the service manager as he treats customer's like trash.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 04/19/2018

Our GM has responded to your complaint.

--Jamie Holcomb

Traci B.
Louisburg, NC
03/13/2018
Service overcharged me $276
Had my Sante Fe in for repairs and discovered I was charged $272 for a "special delivery fee". When I called back up there to inquire about this fee, Will, the person who had graciously talked to me to explain the more than thousand dollar repairs, wouldn't talk to me. Instead a message was relayed to me that I would be refunded. I understand mistakes happen but to not bother to explain or apologize for the error is no way to treat a customer that just spent over a thousand dollars. Customer service needs improvement not to mention questionable business practices. I am still waiting on my refund!!!
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 03/13/2018

Mrs. Branch,

The refund was issued on 03/08/2018 at 5:25PM, Transaction number #07dd7f98 for 272.62. The fee looked to be written up as a parts deposit. Again we apologize for the hassle, sometimes it takes the banks a few days for the credit to show up.

Martha H.
2015 Hyundai Tucson
03/08/2018 Category: Service
Terrible experience
The body shop is unorganized and the work isn’t done well. Phone calls go unreturned and staff makes excuses. I would not recommend this business.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 03/09/2018

I will reach out to you today.

Brian ., General Manager from Southern States Hyundai responded on 03/09/2018

I have spoken to Mrs Hayes several times personally and so haven't my entire staff, She had an accident with her vehicle and we repaired her vehicle only to find out that a part on her tailgate not effected by the accident did not work and we transfered the vehicle to the Hyundai Shop to get it covered under warranty as a courtesy and the part is on back order not something that we can controll in anyway, we have put the customer in a loaner vehicle at our expense, I do not understand what more we could be doing for this customer to accomodate

Brian McInerney
General Manager
Southern states Automotive Group
919-839-7300

Apex, NC
02/27/2018 Category: Service
The worst
When I arrived at the dealer it was 9 15 am and I was told the service would take an hour to an hour and a half. I got out at 1215 pm. I went there because of the engine recall and I was just told that there were a lot of things that needed to be fixed. I fixed an oil leak about 10 months ago by another Hyundai dealer and I was told there was an oil leak. Do I have to fix oil leak every year on my sonata?
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 02/27/2018

Unfortunatly, the leaks, noise, and recalls do take a bit of time. Sorry for your wait.

Justin L.
2013 Hyundai Veloster
02/15/2018 Category: Service
They never let me know what was going on.
No one would answer my questions.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 02/16/2018

I will reach out this afternoon.

Knightdale, NC
2015 Hyundai Genesis
02/13/2018 Category: Service
HORRIBLE service.
No attention to detail, can’t get anyone on the phone, and “don’t care” attitudes.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 02/13/2018

I will call shortly.

02/12/2018 Category: Service
Horrible service
I absolutely hate this location!
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 02/13/2018

I will be in touch today.

Wake Forest, NC
2012 Hyundai Elantra
01/30/2018 Category: Service
Terrible
Previously stated unprofessional, uncomfortable see previous responses
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 01/30/2018

I will be reaching out.

2015 Hyundai Genesis
01/18/2018 Category: Service
Response
Towed Genesis in twice in 10 days. Promised response - nothing. Called
General Manager - no response in 4 days. It has happened before.
Called national - nothing. If Genesis wants to be a premium brand
they need to aline themselves with another dealer owner. Owners
need to be involved. Out of state and invisible. National needs to
return a call, and act like they care. Lost 3 direct Hyundai sales in treating me
this way. Great car/product until you have to have it repaired.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 01/19/2018

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response I have been out due to the weather. There was a note on my desk to call you. I will reach out today.

SY
Seth Y.
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
12/28/2017 Category: Service
Guess, Replace, Repeat
I had multiple repairs done, none have fixed the problem (check engine light on), yet the service department continues to identify parts that need to be replaced without success. 5 weeks without my vehicle. I’m not pleased. I will not return.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 12/29/2017

Hello,

I will reach out later today.

Damarius M.
Clayton, NC
11/26/2017 Category: Service
Take elsewhere
Bad service. Worst experience. Never going back. Took from July to end of November to return my car.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/27/2017

Mr. Martinez,

The Hyundai motor issues can be frustrating for sure. Sorry for that.

Jeanine S.
Durham, NC
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
11/26/2017 Category: Service
No one will take responsibility
This experience has been terrible. The 2018 Santa Fe Sport had a problem within the first three days after I began leasing it. Long story short, the car has been at the service center for the past month, the service department has zero communication skills with one another, they do not call me, (I have to call them for information) the general manager cannot solve the problem, he tells me Hyundai will have to take care of it. When Hyundai finally returned my call, I was told the dealership has to take care of it. No one wants to step up and take care of the customer. A very frustrating and disappointing experience.
JAMIE B H. from Southern States Hyundai responded on 11/27/2017

Hi,

We are working with a field engineer to figure this out. Hope to have the remedy soon.