Tate Boys Tire & Service Skiatook

KC
KASEY C.
Jeep Liberty
10/23/2013
Fast and friendly service.
They give you complete and informative service. No nonsense. When its done its done right. Thats saying alot in this day and time. Other shops I have had to take my vehicle back 2 or 3 times to get the problem fixed right. They are by far the best shop in town.

JO A.
Mazda 6
10/18/2013
Jo Alexander
great job, met all my expectations

10/18/2013
jonah's car
in and out quickly with great service, thanks
Brian C. from Tate Boys Tire & Service Skiatook responded on 01/23/2014

Thanks for your positive comments Jo!  We appreciate you being our customer and look forward to helping again in the future.

RF
RANDY F.
Ford Explorer Sport Trac
10/17/2013
convenience
I GET FRIENDLY,AND FAST SERVICE. PLUS MY SON WORKS THERE.

JARRELL D.
Honda Accord
10/15/2013
Courteous and Prompt Service
Had an emergency and Ryan in Skiatook was able to get me fixed up and running within a couple hours of the time I dropped the vehicle off.

JANINE W.
10/13/2013
Customer service
Everyone there is awesome! I know they work hard and I trust the work they do.

DEBBIE/STEVE L.
10/07/2013
oil change
my husband wasn't very happy, they left oil with dirt mixed on my car, the hood where they were working. usually they wipe it off, but not this time.I didn't caught it at first till he seen it.I didn't take a picture of it so there is no proof, but it was there. other than that I didn't have a problem

TOM M.
Mercedes-Benz S500
10/07/2013
lack of precision
I left the Shop and my Left front tire almost came off.
The Service Rep., he did a good job on following my instructions to write up how I wanted my tires rotated, but he assigned the work to the least experienced Tech in the Shop. This can be disastrous when dealing with a Mercedes or a BMW.
1. Proper tightening sequence and torque is critical on German cars because it can ruin rotors. I understand that some confusion took place when I asked what torque they were using. This tire might have been missed because of questioning the issue, but there should be one Tech in charge of a car and is responsible for the total work so that parts are not left off or not tight, etc.
2. The next day checked my air pressure to make sure they are the same and proper values. They ranged from 32 to 38 all the way around and not front to back. One front was 32 the other 38 and the backs were 34 and 36.
3. Also, I noticed the factory wheel weights were dug off inside the rim and weights were added to outside lip of the rim. Again, this is not the proper thing to do with a high end German car. Factory weights provide a base line for the wheel at a higher degree of accuracy than any tire store balancer can do. This has screwed up my wheels for good. Add on weights are only used to fix tire imbalances and used only when needed after following the manufactures mounting dots. Most tire manufactures provide colored dots that identify where the valve stem location should be to reduce the amount of weights needed to balance the tire.
While most of these issues are not generally common knowledge and are not issues with USA cars, they are big deals with German cars and can cause expensive damage. I don’t drive at 130 MPH but if I do I want my wheels, tires, and brakes ready and capable of it. I come to Tate’s because of experience of both Jared and Chad, who have always controlled these issues, (Chad fixed the torque after wheel almost came off). This was one of those off days and lack of training. I don’t want anything negative to happen to anyone but I do expect Training to take place to know about these issues. Granted, sometimes with turnover it’s hard to know what training people need. In that case, I would expect that my Mercedes be serviced only by the most experienced Tech’s.
Brian C. from Tate Boys Tire & Service Skiatook responded on 01/23/2014

Tom --

Thanks for being our customer.  We appreciate you letting us know about these issues.  We are glad Chad and Jarrod have been helpful to you.  We apologize for not handling your requests correctly.  We pride ourselves on our customer experience, and we obviously missed with your visit.  We know you have a choice when you shop, and if you give us the chance, we will do everything we can to earn your trust and to re-win your business.

BK
BRIAN K.
Hominy, OK
Mercedes-Benz S350
10/04/2013
You guys are awesome!!!!! Knowledgeable and friendly.

CHAD W.
Nissan Quest
Best service in town!
We moved to Skiatook 7 years ago and our first experience with Tate Boys was a simple tire repair. We used to go out of town for tires and service because we work in Tulsa, but not since trying Tate Boys. We've purchased two full sets of tires there and now have regular vehicle service performed there. Absolutely no complaints. They have always gone above and beyond expectations and everywhere else pales in comparison.

RON/SHARON H.
Volkswagen Jetta
TRUST means everything
Always call me by my name and most of all TRUST

LK
LORI K.
Quick and nice!
Service was quick, and the employees were nice.