Overall Rating 4.4/5Overall Rating 4.4/5Overall Rating 4.4/5Overall Rating 4.4/5rating 4.4
Overall Rating 1.8/5rating 1.8rating 1.8rating 1.8rating 1.8

WP
Wes P.
07/30/2019
OK Dealer, Lousy Car
The 2019 BMW 330i is not a good car, and is missing basic features that any car should have, let alone a luxury sedan, in 2019. The dealer misled about features the car does not have. When I discovered this deception, I brought it to the dealer's attention. Towne has not resolved anything, only "promising" to fix everything, but I have yet to receive even a phone call.

TL
TIM L.
East Aurora, NY
BMW 330XI
01/31/2018 Category: Sales
Great- salesman, finance dept., Genius crew. Not so great- service dept involvement in new car delivery process.
I was very disappointed in the experience. To be clear, the salesman, finance person and Genius were all outstanding; however, the delivery experience was a awful. I was trading in an X-1 that I bought from Towne and had acquired a separate set of rims for my snow tires for such car. We had agreed that Towne would put those rims and wheels on my new 330ix station wagon if they fit (tire size was the same). If not, Towne had agreed to keep the rims and give me a small credit ($300) against my purchase and was to mount my snows on my new car's rims. I was to drop the car off at 9:00 A.M. (which I did) and pick it up around 4:00 PM (plenty of time to address the situation). When I arrived the service dept. wanted nothing to do with me and referred me to my salesman. When he arrived they were willing to talk to me and we discussed the above. Early afternoon I received a call that the rims worked and we were all set. Later in the afternoon I received a call that the tire sensors did not work with the rims and I could spend $500 on an adapter kit or drive the car without sensors. I also was told that if I wanted the snows mounted on my new car's rims then I could not pick up my new car as promised. I picked up my new car and am now driving around on run flat tires without sensors (I'll never know I have a problem until the tire completely gives out - really, that's good service?). By the way, when I previously picked up my 2015 X-1 that I purchased from Towne, which had been a loaner and had approximately 4000 miles on it, I found remnants of junk food under the driver seat, and had the car detailed by someone else shortly after I purchased it from Towne -- your service dept does not seem to put much value in the new car delivery experience, although to be fair beyond that they've been very good to deal with.

Tonawanda, NY
BMW I8
07/07/2017 Category: Service
Slow Service
I have a BMW i8 which is an unusual car. That being said when I had an engine light come on I asked for an appointment. They said they couldn't get me in for a few weeks because they only have one tech who works on them. When I asked if I could get it in to check the engine light soon to see if it's ok to drive they said it was not possible. My appointment came and the day after the appointment they said I could pick it up and drive it but I needed to get the gas down to a quarter tank. About a week later I brought it back and they said again they needed to order more parts. They did give me a loaner car. Towne have friendly people but I feel this took way too long.

TG
THOMAS G.
Jamestown, NY
07/06/2017 Category: Service
Poor communication in Service Department
Too long to go into, but poor communication within the Service Department and Body Shop led to a prolonged time (17days) to repair a malfunction in the driver's seat position adjustment.

DANIEL D.
Youngstown, NY
07/05/2017 Category: Service
Repair
Wifes car broke down one mile from dealership and they wouldn't arrange for a tow. My dad taught me me better than that when a lady needs help!!

MF
MICHAEL F.
Lancaster, NY
BMW 228I
07/05/2017 Category: Service
Conflicting Suggestions on Safety of Defective Tire
I'll start by saying to I've normally had great experiences with both Towne BMW and my vehicle. However, in this particular instance, I left feeling a bit disappointed and concerned. The reason for my visit was a defect in my tire that led to a bulge in the sidewall. I had randomly noticed it one evening and assumed it should be addressed for safety reasons.

Upon my arrival, someone came out to look at my tire. His response was that I "obviously hit a pothole and damaged the tire." However, in the time I've had my BMW, I have not hit a pothole. As we continued, no matter how many times I told the service person I had not hit a pothole, he continued to tell me that I did. It's at this point that I should point out the irony of the large pothole I needed to navigate on Towne BMW property just to access the service entrance.

At any rate, this service person went on to tell me the tire was "fine and totally safe to drive on." I then pointed out that that particular tire was worn differently than the other three. My belief was that the sidewall issue and unique wear pattern clearly indicated a defect in the tire. The service person simply said, "You're alignment is out - that'll be a few hundred dollars to fix and I'm not sure we can do that for you."

At that point, I decided it best to speak with my normal service guy. He was much more helpful and reasonable, though he, too, wanted to convince me that I hit a pothole and that was the cause of the issue. However, he mentioned that the tire was not safe to drive on (which agreed with everything I researched) and that it needed to be fixed one way or another. He also managed to get the situation taken care of immediately.

So I guess my "below average" rating here is based on the fact that I received two very different statements on the safety of the tire. It's one thing to have varying opinions on the brand of oil or type of wiper blades to use. It's an entirely different matter when the opinions vary regarding the safe operation of the car. Had I simply taken the word of the first service person that the tire was safe, I could have potentially placed myself in a very dangerous situation. It's also concerning that the first service person not only effectively called me a liar, but also had bad information on the safety of the tire. Just not a great experience compared to what I'd come to expect.

BK
BORIS K.
East Amherst, NY
07/03/2017 Category: Service
Water pump leaking?!?! After "being fixed " still leaking
I dropped my car for almost 3 weeks, they gave me a car to drive at the end of second week , but that's not a problem , problem is that whatever they fix it's still not working. I left a massage, not sure if they open 7/4 . Will see :(

MF
MARTIN F.
BMW 330CIC
06/23/2017 Category: Service
Headlight repair
I was disappointed with the service on my headlight. I brought the car in to the dealership, thinking they were the best people to diagnose and fix the problem. Periodically one of the headlights on our 2003 BMW would go off, and usually the next time the car was started it would work.

The car was in the shop for 11 days. The mechanic could not replicate the problem for three days, and when the problem was found, it took two days to get the part. The initial replacement did not solve the problem, so another part was installed (we were told that if this part did not work, then a more expensive part would be tried).

Although the service consultant, Colin, was helpful and kept us informed of the progress, I was disappointed with the time and expense involved in solving (I hope) what I thought was a minor problem. I question whether all of the parts installed were necessary to correct an intermittent problem.

We were also disappointed that when the car was returned, the floor mat had grease on it (it was clean when the car was brought in..

HK
HERMAN K.
Williamsville, NY
BMW 328I
06/12/2017 Category: Service
I rate my service at five stars, it couldn't have been better.
I thought each star I clicked on registered my rating. Definitely five stars. A rave review.
shouldn't I receive some kind of paper work to show what was done?

DK
DAVID J K.
Rochester, NY
BMW 128I
10/16/2016 Category: Sales
It's a Used Car
Bought a used car. Parking brake doesn't work. How did that pass NYS inspection and CPO checklist?

TODD J M.
12/29/2014 Category: Sales
Nice people..yet know what's buying
The Towne people are nice. However, I'm disappointed with my new car as I thought my car had an option I wanted; yet, it does not. Make sure you know all the options before completing your purchase/order.

NP
NICHOLAS A P.
Niagara Falls, NY
X3
12/13/2014 Category: Service
Unhappy
Had service on my X3 the other day and was a little unhappy with service and attention to detail. I felt rush through the issues regarding my vehicle.. Certain issues were simply overlooked or not addressed at all. Very unsatisfied.

JAMMAL B.
MEDINA, NY
BMW
11/16/2014 Category: Service
After $3750 problem is still not solved
I came in for shaking steering wheel. Between 2 visits I paid $3750 My steering wheel is still shaking. I have to come again for another appointment. During repair they damaged some sensors and made me pay for new ones. Competency is an issue.

PL
PETER A L.
BMW 325CI
08/14/2014 Category: Service
Customer service
This is what makes Towne BMW so great. They resolved an issue in a timely, concerned manner.

08/14/2014 Category: Service
Expensive
i always have had my car serviced ther. I expect to pay more that a regular garage, however , I cannot justify paying $80 for two wiper blades. I've never complained before, but I'm so peeved about it that it has clouded my previous feelings for the business.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 08/19/2014

BMW no longer offers replacement inserts for wipers so you must purchase a pair of wiper blades which are expensive at $70 for the pair.Adam called you and offered a $40 credit next time you are in for service.

AD
ADAM M D.
Grand Island, NY
08/06/2014 Category: Service
Third times a charm...
Had to go back to the dealership for a third time in a 7 month span. I have only had the car for 7 months. It finally appears fixed but would have hoped the problem would have been solved sooner.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 08/19/2014

Please contact Adam if you have any additional concerns.Sorry for the inconvience of 3 trips.

EA
Ellen A.
07/30/2014 Category: Service
Took our other BMW to different dealer
experienced problems with service on our new X3 so took our other BMW to a different dealer. The. X3. Service was OK but the promised timely service (new car) was terrible!
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 07/31/2014

I apologize  you had to wait too long.i have addressed this issue internally and have taken steps so it will not happen again.We do appreciate your business and want you to remain our customer.

Sincerely,  Tom Antoniadis  BMW Service Manager

EA
ELLEN L A.
Williamsville, NY
X3
07/30/2014 Category: Service
Good service, very poor time response
Made a reservation weeks in advance, came in on time and asked when the work would be completed. Work was not completed on time and was told a later time, still not done then. Finally told a few minutes, waited over 45 more! Meanwhile I had other commitments made in accord with the time statements. This was a new car ---a 2014 X3. Left a very poor impression --- it is our 3rd BMW from this dealer and next year will be considering another new one but what car and what dealer?

A disappointed owner
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 07/31/2014

I apologise for the delay . I looked into this to find out why your car was delayed.I have addressed this issue internally so it will not happen again. We do appreciate your business and want you to remain our customer..   Sincerely, Tom Antoniadis   BMW Service Manager

LR
LESTER R.
BMW 535XI
06/27/2014 Category: Service
car was dusty and remote problem
overall very happy with the service at BMW

not happy with car remote not getting fixed and car wash and wax detail bad overall job .

rest of the service was great
Carl was a great help. this friday Carl was not in when I picked up car.

Service staff great job
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 06/30/2014

We were unable to duplicate problem with remote.Detail manager will call you to reschedule you for detail. i apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,  Tom Antoniadis BMW Service Manager

RICHARD L G.
Clarence, NY
BMW BMW 328I
06/02/2014 Category: Service
Ultimate driving machine ?
Shawn needs to improve on his customer relations skills, simple inspection, not a big deal.

I have an appointment 6/10, requested a loaner, the last time I had an appointment no one had a clue about the loaner.

However, they did scramble to provide me with one.

PS. I " NEVER" write derogatory evaluations unless I am severely dissatisfied
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 06/03/2014

I apologise for the inconvenience.Thank you for making me aware of your situation.  Sincerely, Tom A  BMW Service Manager

KATHLEEN M S.
Angola, NY
BMW 528XI
05/27/2014 Category: Service
Lack of rapport with Service Rep.
I had returned to BMW because of the great service I received in the Service Dept. however this has not been the case with my second car. The Service Rep lost my parts order the first time and the second time, he said he would be there to explain why they could not complete a NYS inspection. He was out to lunch and never told me when he was leaving. He offered me no alternative to bring back the car to get it inspected before the end of the month.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 05/28/2014

Car had to be driven in order to reset emission modules for inspection to become valid.YOu can stop in thurs or fri morning and we will do inspection at no charge.    Bill    Any questions please call me  505 2100 X5443