Overall Rating 4.4/5Overall Rating 4.4/5Overall Rating 4.4/5Overall Rating 4.4/5rating 4.4
Overall Rating 1.8/5rating 1.8rating 1.8rating 1.8rating 1.8

K M.
East Aurora, NY
BMW 230XI
11/29/2017 Category: Sales
Leasing a car
Normally I give this dealership 5/5 stars always. Today though it took 2 hrs tojust get to the point I could sign papers. Long wait = the negative. Salesperson's doing his best = the positive

KT
KEN T.
West Seneca, NY
07/03/2017 Category: Service
Service personnel need more focus I have to come back second time for service
Hopefully customers service better next time

JACQUELINE S.
East Aurora, NY
BMW 228I
06/30/2017 Category: Service
service review
they had my vehicle for 4 days... didn't look at it til 4th day then could only provide partial service. I had to keep calling for updates.

JAMES G.
Getzville, NY
06/23/2017 Category: Service
Difficult to obtain urgent service
The actual service was superb. But -- getting through to the service department was difficult.

JEFFREY B.
BMW M235XI
06/23/2017 Category: Service
Towne BMW
Dealing with BMW roadside assistance was a breeze and my car was towed to the dealership without incident. I was unable to accompany my vechicle to the dealership because of work; however, shortly after the car was dropped off I called and left a message with the service department. My message clearly stated that I would like to be kept in the loop regarding the service, and that I would most likely need to be picked up from work to retrieve my car once it was completed. After a few hours of not hearing anything from the delearship I called and spoke to a representative who said she did receive my message but didn't have any updates to give me because no one had yet looked at the vechicle. Again I stressed that I would need to have some sort of answer to if the car would be completed that day and that I would need to make arrangements to be picked up by the courtesy shuttle. Fast forward 3 more hours and I had to call again to inquire about the status of my vechicle. This time, I was informed that indeed the car was ready for pick up but that it was too late in the day to schedule transportation back to the dealership as the driver was making his last run for the day at 3pm and my work was 30 minutes in each direction from the dealership.
While I'm grateful that my car was serviced same day without an appointment, I have to say I am extremely disappointed with the communication that the dealership provided. At no point was I ever notified that my car was ready, instead I had to inquire on 3 separate occasions. Transportation not being offered was also unacceptable. I had notified the dealership since 9am that morning that I would need to be picked up and brought back to my car. The dealerships lack of communication greatly inconvenienced myself and my family who needed to make alternate arrangements to ensure I had a vechicle to drive the next day. This is not the type of service I would expect from BMW.

On a side note, while my car was being serviced the technician noticed a part that needed to be repaired/replaced with my brake calipers. I was told over the phone that he would order the part but my car was safe to drive. When I again asked while picking up my vechicle what specifically needed to be repaired, the gentleman helping me wasn't aware of what I was talking about and insisted that he would have the original gentleman helping me call me the following morning. I have yet to receive that call (another communication breakdown I presume) and my car today has a new warning light regarding my braking system which asks me to pull over and call roadside assistance. I have driven approximately 15 miles since my car was serviced and I was told the brakes were safe. It is Friday after hours, my car is currently at home in the driveway, and I have left another message for the service department to call me Saturday morning when they open at 8am. I hope to have a better experience this time around!

ROBERT W.
06/19/2017 Category: Service
The services was as it should be at BMW
My car was in for a recall repair and it took two days to complete the work including replacing three of my tires which the service rep recommended and which I somewhat expected given the mileage on my car. My main concern was that as the end of the day approached and I wondered if my car would be done on the day I took it in I did not get a call to let me know that it would have to be kept overnight. In the end it was over two nights.

NB
NANCY B.
Orchard Park, NY
BMW 328IS
06/06/2017 Category: Service
my repairs were great - and i loved the rental car - the employees who check you in are great. however, the levers for my air vents are missing, and an item that was in my car is missing.
im not happy about my air vent levers being gone. as I understand my repair the dashboard had to be removed, im sure that's what happened to my levers.

PG
PETER G.
BMW 335XI
06/01/2017 Category: Service
Just OK
I think the service and the service advisors are fine. Very consistent with their high level of customer service and the work that's performed. My only complaints are the price of the oil change, and the fact that I was given a 1 hour time estimate for the work and it actually took 2 hours.

JY
JULIA Y.
05/30/2017 Category: Service
great service except car wash
The people who work there are absolutely amazing. Service dept people and receptionist were so welcoming and looking professional. However, I did not like my car wash. There was still dirt on my rear bumper right after I got my car (it did not rain at all on the day I got my car back or the day I had service). It seems like my car was rinsed not washed. Also, I couldn't be sure whether they vacuum the inside of my car. Dust and dirt was still there when I got in my car.

MICHELE S G.
10/06/2016 Category: Sales
Car inspection
My contact person, Corey is a 5 . The reason for my 3 is after leaving for car inspection and mentioning fluids may be down , I had the lights come on indicating low levels.
That is not Corey.

KW
KIM R W.
05/07/2016 Category: Sales
Very friendly sales person. Nice attitude and very helpful.

JARROD R G.
Niagara Falls, NY
BMW M3
07/08/2015 Category: Sales
Not overly impressed but not dissatisfied
Just an average dealership. Purchased an M3. Dealer didn't have any on the lot to look at, had to travel 100 miles to look at one. Had to look at other dealers before they negotiated on price and weren't upfront about incentives. Also couldn't get an allocation for a car and then they drop my trade-in value on current vehicle even though it was their fault they couldn't get me in a car. After a month they finally got an allocation for my dream car. Like I said nothing extraordinary here..... I did most of the leg work on my own to get the best deal.

DIANA C.
Williamsville, NY
01/08/2015 Category: Service
Again?
If it weren't for the problem Towne has had trying to fix my trunk latch, I would give them five stars. Unfortunately, after repeated bits of advice (Perhaps you should rub some Vaseline around it.) and explanations (These cars just don't like the cold weather) and adjustments and lastly, a replacement latch, my trunk still is inconsistently operable. Currently, I am driving around with the alarm chime kindly reminding me my trunk is open. . . .and no one I've asked (husband, colleague) has been able to get it to latch. This, of course, is not its only quirk. Sometimes it just won't open. This is true whether I am using the key fob or the trunk release inside the car. So, am I happy? Sorry to say, no. I expect more from my ultimate driving machine. I have another service appointment scheduled next week. Try, try again.

JEAN M.
Fredonia, NY
12/20/2014 Category: Service
"Absolutely Different"
This appointment with the service department was an emergency. I got into my car and it was skipping and missing. At each stop I feared that the car would stall and not be able to restart. I was told to bring it in even though I was worried about the any damage driving it may cause. The service light was on, but not blinking.
When I arrived I was told the parts, coils were on back order and I might not have my car for 2 weeks. I was surprised and disappointed. How could a BMW dealership/service center not have parts to a common problem? I was told that there were others before me and service told me there was nothing they could do.
I was then given a loaner car. It was a basic model VW Jetta. Needless to say, it was horrible. I got it home and could not get it out of the driveway the next day because of 3inches of snow. I had to scramble to find a way to work. For the next three days I had to use my husband's car to get to work. I called and complained and was told to come back in and switch cars. I had already taken1/2 day to bring the car up. I could not take another to exchange the car. What would I get anyway? Another basic model that was less safe than my car?
It took a week to get my car back. At that point the message said that my car was ready as the service associate promised.
I expected so much more from a BMW service center.
Don't patronize your female customers.
This is one time I cannot recommend going to BMW.

KZ
KAYELA Z.
BMW 328I (E46)
12/18/2014 Category: Service
Okay Service
I'm having a constant issue every single time I visit Towne BMW for service. Every. Single. Time. My husband and I moved from Indianapolis in 2012 for his work. The head of service at Towne told me I was considered a transplant. Which is fine. The first time I dropped fancy (my car) off for service I had to pay for a rental car, even though my car was under warranty and this was never done in Indianapolis, I thought hm, okay. The next time it was about to happen I decided to speak up. The man in charge of service told me he would make a note on my file and it wouldn't happen again. Which, it hasn't, but I also try to sit and wait on my car instead of dropping her off. Last week, I arrived, I checked in, Carl was with another customer, so the girl that checked me in pulled my file. Our conversation went like this. "You're here for tire pressure and the cover of your mirror came off?" "Yes." "Alright, sign here adn you're all set." "All set for what?" "We will call you when it's done." "Am I going to get a loaner?" "Did you purchase your car here?" "No, we bought it in Indianapolis before we moved." "If you didn't buy your car here, we don't provide you with a loaner." "I've been told otherwise on my previous visits." "Do you know who you talked to?" "That man right there, I believe he is your boss." "Just a moment, let me find Carl." Then Carl came in. "You're here for tire pressure and your mirror cover came off." "Yes. Do you know how logn it will take?" "You want to wait on it?" "It only makes sense." "Probably around 12:15." "Okay, that's fine, I'll wait out here." Now, my issue is that there was apparently no note ever left on my file. I was told that the loaner program is an issue with the Canadians, whatever that means I'm not sure. And I understand this is the only dealership within an hour unless you want to drive to Rochester. But I've also been told people drive to Rochester to buy their cars so they do not have to deal with this dealership. If you want to experience great customer service, great people, complete lack of confusion and courtesy, I suggest you drive to Dreyer and Reinbold on the south side of Indianapolis. I do not know if the loaner program is an issue just at this dealership, or if it would be an issue anywhere in the country if you have to move and did not purchase your car from the dealership now closest to you. But because of this constant issue every. single. time. i go in over the past 2.5 years we will never again own a BMW. Which is quite sad, because I absolutely love my car and she does so well adn takes great care of me. But part of the reason we bought her was for the service so I could take care of things when/if my husband was traveling (he does often for his job) and it is to the point that I cringe every time a service light comes on and I take her in. It shouldn't be that way if you ask me. I can have headaches with cars for a lot less money.

SUSAN S S.
Lancaster, NY
12/04/2014 Category: Service
Staff is very courteous and dealership is very customer oriented
The appointment with the Genius was informative and helpful. Definitely worth my time.

RK
RONALD C K.
11/06/2014 Category: Service
mistakes - sloppy
It took 2 times the last 2 visits for them to get it right.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 11/11/2014

Bill contacted customer and gave service credit for inconvenience.  Our apologies

JO ANN A.
East Amherst, NY
10/07/2014 Category: Service
Some improvements need on response time. Also it took at least 5 minutes for anyone to acknowledge that I was there for service
The overall friendliness and responsiveness needs work. People here could really take customer service lessons from the Mercedes Benz place down the street . They are 5 star plus.

ROBERT J S.
AKRON, NY
BMW 528XI
10/02/2014 Category: Service
Great start poor finish
When I dropped my car off in the morning everything was great, the service tech was pleasant and the loaner car was ready. The service was performed well. When I arrived to pick up my car the service area was closed and I was directed to the cashier. Upon my arrival she acknowledged my presence and said "I'll be with you in a minute" about 5 full minutes passed and she didn't move or attempt to complete my transaction. Finally, another person walked up and asked if I had been helped. I replied not yet. He proceeded to find my keys and help me finish the transaction, which was a "no charge" service. He then proceeded to retrieve my car for me. The cashier continued to work at her computer barely taking notice.

UB
UTKARSH B.
BMW BMW 328I
09/27/2014 Category: Service
Fast Service
Changed oil and other stuff without even asking.....reason given was that it was due...I had the car run only for approx. 5000 miles after oil change last year sometime.
Tom A. from Towne BMW responded on 09/30/2014

The oil change was done because it was due after 1 year.Your vehicle needs additional work and we will give you a credit when you come in next time. pls see BIll