Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding

4.5

Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5

Brian M.
05/06/2017
Very disappointed in customer service today
I have been a customer of VA Tire and Auto in South Riding since they have opened. I have recommended then numerous times. I went in last week for an oil change and they seemed overwhelmed. When I picked up my car, they recommended that I replace my engine air filter. However, they did not notice my inspection was 3 months overdue. (In all fairness, neither did I.) I took the car back in this morning at 8:30 to get the inspection and replace the air filter. They told me it would not be ready until 11:00, so I asked if the the shuttle could give me a ride. I was told that it was out, but they would let me know when it arrived. After 2.5 hours of waiting without a shuttle, I asked if my car would be ready soon as it was now a few minutes before 11 and my car head not yet gone into the garage. They assured me it would only be 20 minutes and offered no explanation on the shuttle. By the time, I had someone coming to pick me up. I left the shop at 11:20, which was the second time they quoted me for the service to be complete. At that time, the car was still waiting to go into the garage. At 1:00 I had still not received a call to let me know the car was finished, but I had decided I would take it regardless. I arrived at the shop and saw it parked outside. When I asked for it, the cashier had said that he just called (confirmed that I did have a message) and explained that they had to customer order the air filter. I have 3 recommendations that would have gotten them 5 starts instead of 2:
1) Get better about estimating times. They seem overwhelmed, so I suspect they're overrunning what they can get done and underestimating how long it will take.
2) If someone needs a shuttle, make sure that the shuttle is running and let the waiting customers know when it arrived and is leaving.
3) If you are going to miss the estimated completion time by that much, give me a courtesy call to explain you have to order the part and give me a new estimate.

At this point, I don't know that I will go back. They are conveniently located, but one more experience like this and they will lose me as a customer.

CINDY S.
12/12/2015
not so great
I came in to get lights replaced and lube/oil/filter. After I picked up, I pulled into the garage and found the a headlight out and the back light I asked to be replaced was still out. They obviously had not tested/checked before deeming the job complete.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/21/2015

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are unable to resolve matters such as these if we are not made aware of them. As suspected there was a deeper issue and i am glad we could resolve this issue for you. Thank you for the business.

SR
SRINIVASA R.
12/09/2015
wiper blades
inspection failed for wiper blades. They were good
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/21/2015

Thank you for the feedback.

KEN B.
Jaguar XF
12/03/2015
Oil and Filter Change
I went in for a service which basically entailed oil and air filter changes. After about 30 mins they called and said the car was done except needed another 20 mins to wait for delivery of the air filter. 60 mins later I picked up my car. I left and saw the service light was still on. I went back to get it turned off, and found out the air filters I waited for and paid for were never installed in my car. So another 35 mins later my light was turned off and my filters installed. Good thing they didn't finish the job with the light reset or I may not have gone back for the filters. Makes me question any repair now if I can leave without something as minor as this being completed correctly.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/07/2015

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and for understanding why this problem occurred. We have been in business for more than 37 years and would not have achieved this by making this our usual business practice. We look forward to exceding your expectations on your next visit.

ST
SUE T.
11/22/2015
Location
Oil change was fine, but your estimated price to replace 4 spark plugs and 4 spark plug wires ($450) was ridiculous. I bought the plugs and spark plug wires for $60 and replaced all in less than 30 minutes. Standing by that estimate even after I brought it to your attention is a sure way to lose business.

BP
BARTON P.
Toyota Sequoia
11/15/2015
Conflicting information
I was disappointed that a few weeks ago you told me I had 4/32 on my breaks and a few hundred miles later you rejected them. I don't doubt my brakes were getting low, but I don't understand how you did not know that when I paid for a brake inspection in October. In addition, you gave me a quote that was $80 greater than the quote you gave me this Summer when I asked for one. I knew I would need brakes soon and I am sure you did fine work, but the steps in the process to get to a conclusion were suspicious.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 11/22/2015

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us in regards to this issue. Feedback such as this helps us improve. we look forward to assisting you in the future.

AC
AMY C.
10/14/2015
Overpriced diagnostic test
My family and I have been bringing our vehicles to VA tire and auto for over five years. The service used to be excellent when Jack was the manager there. I've noticed a significant decrease in service and suggestions on automotive care. For example, we used to get straight answers on what services were absolutely crucial and those that could wait on being performed. I think that was my favorite aspect of VA tire and auto...straight, honest customer service. That's why we kept bringing our business there because most other automotive centers use the "scare" tactic and try to get you to pay for every single maintenance service imaginable. Our most recent service was for a check engine light. We thought it was related to some sensors we had replaced in July. Instead the diagnostic test revealed some error codes that we've been aware of for years but haven't had fixed because it doesn't affect safety or the vehicle's performance. As a result, we had to pay $121 for the test. I completely understand that there should be a charge, after all there's labor involved but you can't honestly tell me that plugging a diagnostic reader into a car costs $121 in labor.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 10/21/2015

Thank you for your feedback.

CL
CARRIE\JOHN L.
10/08/2015
Wait is too long
It should not take 1.5 hours to complete an oil change, particularly when I had scheduled an appointment.

KEN B.
Infiniti QX56
09/25/2015
Didn't do all work requested
They didn't listen to what I needed done and as a result all work not performed.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 10/08/2015

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to discuss and correct the items we did not address per your request. We apologize for the oversight and look forward to your next visit.

SK
STEVE K.
Ashburn, VA
Chevrolet Suburban
09/19/2015
Not well organized
Dropped my truck off on a Sunday for three fairly easy item to be taken care of. called on Tuesday and they were not sure where my truck was. Final picked it up with two out of three being complete.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 09/28/2015

Thank you for the feedback.

TD
TODD D.
GMC Yukon
09/15/2015
Staff answering phone needs improvement
Person answering phone did not give message to mechanic so work was not done as promised. Manager did make it right, but person answering the phone was NOT reliable at all. Grateful the manager did make it right or we would not be returning. In the past, we have been pleased-good managers.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 09/20/2015

Here at Virginia Tire we are aware that mistakes will happen. How we handle them is what makes us who we are. nothing is more important to us than assisting people with there vehicles so that they may get back on the road and live there lives. Thank you for your response.

JAYAKUMAR B.
Nissan Armada
09/09/2015
oil change leak
After oil change, oil leak at the bottom and my garage was full of oil, I had to back to fix it and they didn't even give any discounts or compensation
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 09/10/2015

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Someone should be contacting you in the near future.

DALTON R.
08/17/2015
Service appears to get slower every time I go.
Took my vehicle in at 7:00 am to have a tire patched. Was told it could take up to an hour as 2 employees had not shown up yet. It ended up taking over 2 hours for what should have been a 20 minute job.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 08/20/2015

Thank you for taking the time to discuss the situation with us and for understanding. We look forward to your next visit.

JASON D.
06/22/2015
Two new tires
Overall service is good. I do have a couple complaints though. My wife dropped off our van around 11am and she was informed that she would get a phone call to let her know when the two new tires were installed and she could come pick it up. By 3:45pm nobody had called her to let her know it was complete. I had to call in and they said it had been finished for a while. My other complaint is that the salesman tried to tell her that the other two tires were bad and needed to be replaced also, which they didn't.

So if you say you are going to call the customer to let them know it's finished, call them... I know you need to make money, but don't prey on women and tell them they need to buy something when in fact they don't need it after all.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 06/25/2015

Our deepest apologies for not living up to your expectations, nor to our standards of service.Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we may address these issues and prevent them from happening again.

KEN S.
Chevrolet Corvette
06/08/2015
review of last visit
Not so wonderful experience this time. I called ahead to find out what an oil change would cost for my 2002 corvette. They asked "this is synthetic oil, right?". I said "yes". The person on phone said "$74.99" OK I'll come in. When it was all over, the bill was over $100. I asked why. I got the story of the cost of oil, that this was 6.5 quarts instead of 5, and how the stealerships would be even more. Well, I got a $8.00 coupon off, making it just $98.xx. Still a far ways from $74.99. I would think that the extra charge for shop supplies, should be part of the mark-up on the (oil) service. NOT in addition to the service. Just cheap, we just want an extra $5.xx from you. The service itself was good. The pricing is misleading and kind of cheap minded.
Dan V. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 06/09/2015

Dear Ken,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.  Prior to service we should have reviewed the work order with you to ensure that you did not have any questions and I feel we could of resolved this issue for you before it started.  I apologize that this did not happen.  I will credit you the difference of what you paid to match the quote of $74.99 that you were given over the phone.  Once again, i apologize for the incovenience.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please call me at (703)327-1766 or send me an email at dviteri@vatire.com.

EC
ERIC C.
Haymarket, VA
Chevrolet Corvette
05/05/2015
"Premium" means more expensive but work not done.
I have been bringing my vette in for "premium" alignments. This time when it did not fall easily within specs I was told it is to much work to align. If that is the case why have I been paying for "premium" alignment up to now. I now need to take it to someone who will actually do a proper alignment.
Dan V. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 05/30/2015

Dear Eric,

Virginia Tire & Auto has always made taking care of our customers our top priority. Regrettably, during your last visit we did not live up to our very high standards. We are taking what happened very seriously and are absolutely committed to making sure that your experience was isolated.

JON B.
Chevrolet Suburban
04/27/2015
The technitian over inflated my tires .
The technician over inflated my tires by 9psi over the manufactures recommendation. As a tire retailer VA Tire & Auto should know this will cause poor performance and accelerated wear.
Dan V. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 05/05/2015

Dear Jon,

BRYINN S.
Nissan Sentra
04/18/2015
Waited 3 hours to have 1 tire replaced
I was very frustrated and disappointed that I waited nearly 3 hours to have a tire replaced. I saw 4 different customers come and leave before me. There weren't cars in line when I arrived. They attempted to see if they could patch my tire before deciding they couldn't. This still should not have taken that long.
Dan V. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 05/05/2015

Dear Bryinn,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.  We pride ourselves on being a convenient alternative to the dealer. You should not of had to wait three hours to have this service completed and I apologize that you did.  I have met with my sales and service team about this issue so that we can ensure that this does not happen again.  I greatly appreciate your feeback and we look forward to servicing your vehicle in the future.

JULIE L.
Centreville, VA
04/05/2015
Customer Service not caring about customer's car
I took my car in for Safety inspection. The cashier re-park my car and he drove around the building like a maniac with full speee at about 30 miles/hour in the parking lot. i stood in the bldg and wonder who is driving and i was surprised that it was my car and the driver is the cashier who took my car to repark. I have to say Thanks God , nothing happened...and wonder what if someone get out of their car to walk in from the parking lot into the bldg, how can the cashier was able to stop with that speed...he could kill someone or my car could smashed into someone car who tries to backup from the parking lot...this parking lot of this Virginia Tire and Auto is so small. I wish a police officer is nearby can stop him and give him a big ticket...he is lucky this time...he could be a criminal if he hit someone . When i pick up my car...i felt very sick when crossing the parking lot into my car...i had to look around and make sure no employees from this VA Tire and Auto driving around like a maniac.
Dan V. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 04/07/2015

Dear Julie,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.  I appreciate you taking my call earlier today and I can assure safety is paramount at Virginia Tire & Auto.  I have met with my team to review this issue so that we can ensure something like this does not happen again.

SF
SCOTT F.
03/16/2015
Inspection visit
not happy & considering using another provider for future auto needs
Dan V. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 03/18/2015

Dear Scott,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.  I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me yesterday.  We greatly appreciate your business and your valuable feedback.