Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding

Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5

RICK R.
Middleburg, VA
11/03/2015
IN & OUT, IN & OUT, IN & OUT ???
Having been in the automotive repair business for over 20 yrs please explain why my vehicle went in & out of your shop 3 time's ??? Was very quiet when I arrived, for 2 tires, oil change , and a Va State Safety inspection, which I was promised that " We're very slow today, so it won't take long at all " . Car went in/out for oil and then sat out front for over 45 minutes !!! Then it went in for 2 tires and back out again for 20 minutes. Then finally in for State. Please explain why your other locations that I have been to before, do oil and tires at tge same time, and then state ....that's all I ask, please why this location is different and SLOW !!!

PZ
PATRICK Z.
Mazda 3
10/20/2015
Can't keep track of my car?
I had to get a tire changed on short notice. While I'm glad you could accommodate me, I don't appreciate you guys not knowing the status of my car (and also having not gotten to it after I had to call).
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 10/21/2015

We deeply apologize for the confusion. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Feedback such as this allows us to recognize any sort of extra training that might be needed so that we may improve.

DIPAK P.
08/07/2015
High pricey / quotes for service
My SUV did not pass inspection due to brakes. Fair enough - so not much of a review to give. Other than drop-off / wait of 2 hours.

However - the high price quotes I got for the break work was OUTRAGEOUS. For the front / rear brakes & rotors the quote provided was $942. SERIOUSLY!!

Anyways I went to my regular car shop in Chantilly. For the SUV's brake / rotor front / rear work as well as 60K maintenance - I paid $1200 to my Chantilly car shop.

Virginia Tire and Auto - you are too pricey.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 08/20/2015

Thank you for taking the time to discuss your concerns with us. Virginia Tire and Auto spends countless hours researching repair costs in our area so that we can be assured that our prices are competitive.

JAMES B.
Dulles, VA
Nissan Maxima
07/27/2015
Service was OK
Didn't receive a call about the status of my car by 12pm. I called and was told they were finishing it up. When I picked it up the next day, the passenger window was left down all night.
Heath P. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 07/31/2015

Our apologies for the oversight. This is not typical of us. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we may internally address.

BJ
BERNARDO J.
06/02/2015
Great people
I like bringing my cars here, but this Sunday, I dropped off my car for safety inspection and the person that took my info told me he was going to call me when it was over (approx 5 hr wait). By 6 I haven't gotten a call from anyone. I drove by to pick up my car, but the shop closed at 5. Luckily I have another car but the fact that I was told that I was going to get a call when my car was finished, never happened. I had to get my wife to take off early from work so she can pick up the car. The problem was I was promised that I was going to get a call when my car was finished.
Dan V. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 06/09/2015

Dear Bernardo,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.   Normally, once a vehicle has been completed, an associate will call but that was not the case and I am sorry for that.  I appreciate you taking the time and providing us with feedback as I can use this to coach my staff to ensure that this does not happen again.  I hope that this does not damage our relationship and we hope to see you again in the future.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please call me at (703)327-1766 or send me an email at dviteri@vatire.com.

RN
RUTH N.
05/26/2015
Overall Experience
I had a screw in one of my tires which prompted my buying 4 new tires for my CRV. It was an expensive purchase and in my discussion with the salesperson he told me he would take 50% off the alignment if it is needed. That salesman never came back to the front and the other salesman at checkout told me that he must have told me $15, but I told them he didn't, he said 50%. They then offered taking $25 off. I would not refer your company nor would I trust future purchases at your store, because someone lied. $49.50 (half of $99 should have been credited).

Dear Ruth,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing. Virginia Tire & Auto has always made taking care of our customers our top priority. Regrettably, during your last visit we did not live up to our very high standards. Thank you for taking the time for speaking with me on the phone and I will refund you the remaining $25.00 because I feel we should of honored what we originally said.

JANET W.
05/22/2015
Slow.
50 minutes for tires rotated. Many excuses.
Did reduce the price.

Dear Janet,

Virginia Tire & Auto has always made taking care of our customers our top priority. Regrettably, during your last visit we did not live up to our very high standards. We are taking what happened very seriously and are absolutely committed to making sure that your experience was isolated.   We should of informed you upfront of the wait time for the tire rotation and if there was going to be any changes we should have informed you as soon as we had an update, not give you excuses at the end. I apologize that this happened.

FB
FRANK B.
Ashburn, VA
GMC Yukon XL
05/03/2015
Nickel & Dimed
I just had VA Tire & Auto replace the rear differential on my Yukon - the bill for that was just short of $4k. I also had them perform the VA state inspection. During which they found a burned out headlight bulb. They replaced the bulb - and it cost me $160 do do so - $40 for the bulb and $120 for the labor (an hour). I've replaced bulbs on the Yukon before - it does not take an hour. Additionally, they charged me $19.99 for a test drive after fixing the differential. I feel like they were doing their best to nickel and dime me for every little charge. I could understand if I had a minor job for them - but they already had me for a major job.

Dear Frank,

Thank you for taking the time to speak and meet with me. We could not have come this far as a company without our loyal customers and we truly appreciate your business.

MOLLY M.
Chevrolet Cobalt
04/27/2015
Way too pricey
They tried to charge us $1000 to fix a few things that I have been able to fix for $400.
Dan V. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 05/05/2015

Dear Molly,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.  We try to be as competitively priced as possible but there are some cases where there is a possibility that we are not the least expensive option.  We try our best to work with our customers to find the best possible solutions and I am sorry that this did not happen.  I greatly appreciate your feeback and I hope you give us another opportunity.

LC
LES/LAURA C.
Acura TL
03/02/2015
Great, Other Than...
You guys are typically 5 stars for me. This time there was a hose that wasn't attached properly. An hour later while driving my car started to shake and all the lights came on. Orlando fixed it pretty quickly and at no charge which was great, but now my VSA light won't go off and I'll need to bring it in again for a full diagnostic.

Dear Les,

KK
KATHRYN/MIKE K.
02/21/2015
It was okay
Service was just okay this time. Oil changes have become more expensive. (over $30.00)

Dear Kathryn,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing. We try to be as competitively priced as possible while still delivering a premium product and service.

CJ
CARLOS J.
Honda Accord
02/11/2015
Front End Work
This visit did not go as smoothly as previous visits. I stopped in for an estimate a couple of days prior to dropping off my car and asked about a loaner and wasn't given a straight answer one way or the other. I dropped off my car Friday evening with an estimated return of 12-2PM Saturday, as 2PM drew near I called to get a status and was placed on hold and hung up on. Called back, same thing put on hold and hung up on. Accidentally I'm sure, but it didn't help at the time. Received a call telling me my vehicle would be ready soon as they were almost done and not 5 mins later I received another call indicating something went wrong and I wouldn't be able to get my car until Sunday. I explained that I REALLY NEEDED A CAR and asked if there was any way possible for me to get a loaner. They located a loaner at a nearby VA Tire & Auto and offered to drive me there to pick it up. On the one hand I was glad to have the loaner, on the other I was miffed that VA Tire & Auto couldn't arrange to have the loaner delivered to S. Riding sans me riding shotgun out to Broadlands. They fixed my car and were courteous throughout and a shout out to Devon for excellent customer service skills.

Dear Carlos,

DE
DEE/PAUL E.
02/10/2015
everyone is very friendly
I took it in for an emissions test. They did $1865 worth of work. Some of it didn't need to be done. After, the dash lights didn't work and the heater didn't work.

Dear Dee,

GB
GABE B.
01/27/2015
Just ok service this time
Usually we receive pretty great service, but this time was a surprise and a disappointment. I took my car in for an oil change and let them know I probably needed a new battery for my Prius and wanted to know the cost. He pointed me to the standard battery options and I told him I probably needed a specialty battery for the Prius. I would have expected him to know this better than me. He then said he would call when he had the estimate, and instead I had a voicemail stating my car was ready. When I called back they had no idea I even requested a quote on a new battery. I'm not sure where the disconnect was, but overall was very disappointed and needless to say did not get a new battery!
Dan V. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 01/28/2015

Dear Gabe,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.  I will follow up with my sales team to see how missed this and did not provide you with the estimate you asked for.  I appreciate the feedback and will use this information as a tool to improve our communications.

SA
SALIM A.
01/25/2015
Near to my home
It is just okay
Dan V. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 01/28/2015

Dear Salim,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.  We are constantly improving upon our customer service processes to make sure you have a great experience with us.  Hopefully next visit will be even better.  We appreciate your feedack.

BO
BILL O.
12/06/2014
Not This Time
I brought my vehicle in for a defective headlamp, among other things. They said they fixed it, but when I started the vehicle up, it was not fixed. They took it in and fixed it, but within a week or so, it went out again. They are usually terrific, but this time, they forced me to go elsewhere.
Dan V. from Virginia Tire and Auto of South Riding responded on 12/31/2014

Dear Bill,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.  If we replaced a headlight and it is out again I would like to offer to replace it at no charge or if you have had the service done elsewhere I would like to refund you for the the bulb and the labor, please contact me.  Again, I apologize for the incovenience.

AH
ALEX H.
Nissan Rogue
12/01/2014
Oil Change Service
Had a synthetic oil change service performed using Mobil 1 Synthetic. Price of synthetic oil is competitive with others such as NTB. However, the difference is on top of the $59.95 Mobil 1 synthetic oil, there is a service fee of $15.04 plus waste disposal fee of $2.50--and total cost is $77.49. I had the same synthetic oil change, using Valvoline SynPower Synthetic Oil change on the same day at NTB Chantilly and cost of oil is $60.99 plus $3.00 waste disposal fee. The service fee is included in the $60.99. VA Tire & Auto is a good company, but it needs to be competitive with other business like it in the surrounding area. I will consider other work with VA Tire & Auto, but not the oil service due to high cost.

HZ
HISHAM Z.
11/13/2014
Emissions
One of my favorite car shops in south riding. The problem is its everybody's favorite. Went at 6 pm for emissions inspection and had to wait a good 45 minutes even though I was the only person in line. I love the refuel station (free coffee, water, ...) but the wait time is crazy.

Dear Hisham,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.  We are constantly working on ways to improve our efficieny throughout the day and I thank you for your patience as we improve.   I'm glad you enjoy our refuel station and hopefully in the future you will not have to wait as long.

SG
SHEILA G.
Dulles, VA
11/10/2014
Professional but need computer change
They were timely and very professional. However, I did not like that they told me I had to get a new timing belt and water pump when I had that service done almost two years ago. I had it done at another location and the computers do not sync. I wonder how many people have duplicate services due to this malfunction??

Dear Sheila,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.  We do have access to your service history if it was done at another Virginia Tire & Auto.  So I apologized that we recommened a service that you had done.  We should have been more thorough in researching your history before making this recommendation and I have talked to my team about this issue so we can avoid this mistake in the future.  I greatly appreciate your feedback and your business. We hope to see you soon.

SCOTT B.
11/06/2014
Obvious New Oil Change Technician
As I watched the guy work on my car it was painfully obvious he was new and unfamiliar with the equipment. He had to ask 3 different co-workers for help. At least he finally asked!! He didn't know how to attach the handle to the airhose to add air to the tire. All this probably accounted for an additional 20 minutes of delay. This is not how you do OJT! The 2 other tasks performed by other technicians was fine.

Dear Scott,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Daniel Viteri, Manager of Virginia Tire & Auto of South Riding and I’m writing to tell you I am very sorry that your recent experience with us was disappointing.  We do have a couple new general service technicians who are trying to learn the ropes and I apologize that this caused a delay in your service.  I have spoken with my team about getting assistance in a reasonable amount of time to avoid delays in the future.  I appreciate your feeback and we hope to see you again.