JJ
John J.
Cadillac Escalade EXT
03/18/2019
You have lost my business!
My truck broke down and was towed to your company. My assistant contacted a tow company to come and pick it up. Towing company called to say that Z's would not release the truck. My assistant called Z's to find out why and was told that because of a $200.00 bill, my truck would not be released to the tow truck driver and he left. My assistant called to notify me. I called Z's. I was told that once it was paid YOUR company would call the driver back. THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN! After paying this over the phone, I had to re-contact the towing company and get them back out there!!. I have spent thousands of $$'s at Z's and this was totally unacceptable. I have always paid at time of service. This amount could have been invoiced, or one phone call before sending him away, could have resulted in this being paid over the phone by CC!
To top it off, I knew what had happened and what was wrong. I didn't need anyone there to look at it for confirmation!
Delbert T. from Z's Car Care responded on 03/18/2019

John, we are very surprised. The last time we talked to you, you were on your way to your shop to see if you had an engine to swap out for this one, and we were waiting to hear back from you. We had not heard back from you, when a tow truck showed up–we certainly were not expecting one–we did not know what was happening, and certainly won’t release a vehicle without communicating with the owner first. We had not even reassembled what we removed for diagnostics because we were waiting to hear from you! When the tow truck showed up, we got the driver’s name and contact number to find out what was happening. We then texted you, and it was a short time later that you called us and were upset for not letting your vehicle go. We immediately called the tow truck driver, he answered, and we told him that he could come get it now. John, you are a busy guy, and it had been very difficult to get ahold of you. Your voicemail box was full, and your number is the only one we had to leave a message or text. We often waited a full day or more to hear back from you.  We take credit card payments over the phone all the time. Payment would not have held anything up had you just let us know what was going on. If you would like to talk about this, please give one of us a call when you have a chance.  Gina or Delbert, Shop Owners.

TP
Tony P.
Oregon
08/30/2017 Category: Service
Tony said the staff tried to oversell him. They tried to charge him over $300 for a part and he got the part himself for about $92.

AR