Dillin S.
Whitesboro, TX
08/17/2018 Category: Service
Dillin said he had a bad experience with the business. He said they quoted him $400-450 to repair an inner seal on a transfer case. He said the next day he was told it could cost $650 and he also saw someone else driving his vehicle very fast.

LR
Lonnie R.
Texas
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
11/17/2017 Category: Service
Lonnie said his overall experience with this business was below average but did not specify why.
Terry N. from Alpha Transmission and Auto responded on 11/29/2017

I would Like to know how WE were below average? you ask to purchase a specific part that only we could get. You were informed of the price of the part and asked me to order it. You seemed perfectly happy when you picked the part up!

BC
Bailey C.
Southmayd, TX
10/12/2017
DO NOT USE THIS PLACE!!!
If I could leave 0 stars I would. Took our car there thinking our starter was out. We got told that it would be $1,000 dollars to replace a STARTER... My husband told them to hold off on putting a new one in until he spoke with me and of course we were not going to have it fixed there. We went in the next day to get our keys and we were told that they had already put the new starter in. We had to leave it for them to take it back out. Later that night we went to get the car and low and behold it starts. We get it a mile down the road maybe a mile away from home and we get a flat tire. Slashed on the sidewall which was not there when we left it. The mechanic we have it at now says the battery just needs to be replaced and that he does not believe they ever took out the old starter to replace it. Not only did they try to screw us on a starter, they did work on our car without permission so they say and then probably did something to our tire. DO NOT USE THIS PLACE. Scammers at their finest!!!!
Terry N. from Alpha Transmission and Auto responded on 10/13/2017

Well I am sorry you feel as if we were not forth right with the recommended repairs to the 2008 Saturn. I feel as if, you do not have all the information as I have only spoke with Mr. Carter regarding the needed repairs. The vehicle was dropped off during non business hours, Mr Carter dropped the keys off that following morning, and informed me that the vehicle would not start. During the diagnosing process we found the Battery to have 2 dead cells, the starter oil soaked, and inoperative. The oil is coming from the valve covers and there is a oil leak coming from the air duct due to a failed PCV system. The starter was removed and it failed bench test 3 out of 5 test, and was recommended to be replaced. The total of all the recommended repairs was 1016.65, as which the starter, and Battery portion was 465.01. I will admit that my Technician did in fact , install the new starter before we had authorization to replace it, but did so in order to move the vehicle out of the service bay to continue our daily schedule, while we were waiting on authorization. Therefore as of the time i was informed that Mr. Carter in fact did not want to repair the vehicle, we did need to remove the new starter. I will not apologize for being thorough with our check out program, as we inspect vehicle's from bumper to bumper to give our customers a adequate health check of their vehicle. I will also inform you that it is very common for a starter to fail intermittently when the internal parts began to fail. I would urge you to move forward with caution with your current mechanic, that suggest that all you need is a battery. Only replacing the battery WILL only be a temporary fix and runs the risk of Leaving you and your family stranded, and looking forward to yet another Tow bill for starter replacement. I am appalled at the suggestion that our shop has ANY involvement with you tire failure!!! The simple thought that we would put You or your families lives in danger is simply irrational, and IMPOSSIBLE. I understand that you are new to the area, and do not know me or my company. We cherish and respect everyone of our customers, as if they were one of our family members. We are held in high regards from other shops as being, professional, though, and very adequate in difficult diagnostic and repairs. I wish you and your family all the best in all your future in devours.

BF
Bill F.
Savoy, TX
09/30/2017 Category: Service
Bill said the problem has not been resolved. His vehicle was at this business for nearly two months. He has paid them over $500. When he drove home in his vehicle, the problem still exists. They are courteous. His vehicle is doing the same thing it was before going to this business. Bottom line, the problem has not been resolved.

Jorge H.
Denison, TX
Nissan Xterra
07/15/2017 Category: Service
Jorge said he took his vehicle into this business to get an inspection because he had a problem with the transmission. It was running when he took it in and while it was there, something happened and it is no longer running. He had to pay to get it towed to his home because they wanted to change him $3,600 to fix it.

VE
Valerie E.
Sherman, TX
Honda Accord
09/11/2014 Category: Service
Valerie said her transmission went out and last year and she paid over $2000. She took her vehicle in twice this year. One of these visits was about $500 and her second visit was around $300. An amount of about $56.00 was also paid but her vehicle is still messed up. She owes about $1400 and she cannot do anything with her vehicle. She would not recommend them because of the money she has spent and they messed her vehicle up. She does not plan on returning to them.

Charlie S.
Sherman, TX
03/24/2014 Category: Service
Charlie said he is very upset with this business because he has had to bring his vehicle back in to get serviced three different times.