Dillin S.
Whitesboro, TX
08/17/2018 Category: Service
Dillin said he had a bad experience with the business. He said they quoted him $400-450 to repair an inner seal on a transfer case. He said the next day he was told it could cost $650 and he also saw someone else driving his vehicle very fast.

LR
Lonnie R.
Texas
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
11/17/2017 Category: Service
Lonnie said his overall experience with this business was below average but did not specify why.
Terry N. from Alpha Transmission and Auto responded on 11/29/2017

I would Like to know how WE were below average? you ask to purchase a specific part that only we could get. You were informed of the price of the part and asked me to order it. You seemed perfectly happy when you picked the part up!

BC
Bailey C.
Southmayd, TX
10/12/2017
DO NOT USE THIS PLACE!!!
If I could leave 0 stars I would. Took our car there thinking our starter was out. We got told that it would be $1,000 dollars to replace a STARTER... My husband told them to hold off on putting a new one in until he spoke with me and of course we were not going to have it fixed there. We went in the next day to get our keys and we were told that they had already put the new starter in. We had to leave it for them to take it back out. Later that night we went to get the car and low and behold it starts. We get it a mile down the road maybe a mile away from home and we get a flat tire. Slashed on the sidewall which was not there when we left it. The mechanic we have it at now says the battery just needs to be replaced and that he does not believe they ever took out the old starter to replace it. Not only did they try to screw us on a starter, they did work on our car without permission so they say and then probably did something to our tire. DO NOT USE THIS PLACE. Scammers at their finest!!!!
Terry N. from Alpha Transmission and Auto responded on 10/13/2017

Well I am sorry you feel as if we were not forth right with the recommended repairs to the 2008 Saturn. I feel as if, you do not have all the information as I have only spoke with Mr. Carter regarding the needed repairs. The vehicle was dropped off during non business hours, Mr Carter dropped the keys off that following morning, and informed me that the vehicle would not start. During the diagnosing process we found the Battery to have 2 dead cells, the starter oil soaked, and inoperative. The oil is coming from the valve covers and there is a oil leak coming from the air duct due to a failed PCV system. The starter was removed and it failed bench test 3 out of 5 test, and was recommended to be replaced. The total of all the recommended repairs was 1016.65, as which the starter, and Battery portion was 465.01. I will admit that my Technician did in fact , install the new starter before we had authorization to replace it, but did so in order to move the vehicle out of the service bay to continue our daily schedule, while we were waiting on authorization. Therefore as of the time i was informed that Mr. Carter in fact did not want to repair the vehicle, we did need to remove the new starter. I will not apologize for being thorough with our check out program, as we inspect vehicle's from bumper to bumper to give our customers a adequate health check of their vehicle. I will also inform you that it is very common for a starter to fail intermittently when the internal parts began to fail. I would urge you to move forward with caution with your current mechanic, that suggest that all you need is a battery. Only replacing the battery WILL only be a temporary fix and runs the risk of Leaving you and your family stranded, and looking forward to yet another Tow bill for starter replacement. I am appalled at the suggestion that our shop has ANY involvement with you tire failure!!! The simple thought that we would put You or your families lives in danger is simply irrational, and IMPOSSIBLE. I understand that you are new to the area, and do not know me or my company. We cherish and respect everyone of our customers, as if they were one of our family members. We are held in high regards from other shops as being, professional, though, and very adequate in difficult diagnostic and repairs. I wish you and your family all the best in all your future in devours.

BF
Bill F.
Savoy, TX
09/30/2017 Category: Service
Bill said the problem has not been resolved. His vehicle was at this business for nearly two months. He has paid them over $500. When he drove home in his vehicle, the problem still exists. They are courteous. His vehicle is doing the same thing it was before going to this business. Bottom line, the problem has not been resolved.

Jorge H.
Denison, TX
Nissan Xterra
07/15/2017 Category: Service
Jorge said he took his vehicle into this business to get an inspection because he had a problem with the transmission. It was running when he took it in and while it was there, something happened and it is no longer running. He had to pay to get it towed to his home because they wanted to change him $3,600 to fix it.

VE
Valerie E.
Honda Accord
09/11/2014 Category: Service
Valerie said her transmission went out and last year and she paid over $2000. She took her vehicle in twice this year. One of these visits was about $500 and her second visit was around $300. An amount of about $56.00 was also paid but her vehicle is still messed up. She owes about $1400 and she cannot do anything with her vehicle. She would not recommend them because of the money she has spent and they messed her vehicle up. She does not plan on returning to them.

Charlie S.
03/24/2014 Category: Service
Charlie said he is very upset with this business because he has had to bring his vehicle back in to get serviced three different times.

VW
Victoria W.
Nissan Pathfinder
05/02/2013 Category: Service
Victoria said they were going to charge her $3,500 for a new transmission. She received a second opinion and paid $400 for the other business to flush her transmission. She will not recommend this business based on this experience.

Deanna C.
10/10/2012
Terrible Customer Service
The service on my vehicle was satisfactory but the customer service towards me personally was not what I expected from a business that came highly recommended from a former employee and advertisements that exclaimed that they work well with women.
After having my vehicle towed to this place of business for diagnostics and repair I began having a problem with the way they spoke to me or actually didn't speak to me. Anytime I was contacted after they started repair work on my vehicle they wouldn't speak to me about anything but requested to speak with "my daddy" and when questioned what the problem was they responded that "it would be easier if I spoke with your daddy instead of you" After calling my father and passing the message that they needed to speak with him, he would call and they would tell him the problem, then my father would say that if they are having problems that they needed to speak with me instead of him. I got this same speech every time I called to ask about the status of my vehicle or they called me about the status of my vehicle. Then after completing the repairs and looking over the bill I noticed that they charged for parts that I provided for them and when questioned about why they didn't use what I provided they wouldn't answer me and flat out ignored me and moved on to the next customer. I will not be returning to do business with Alpha again.

Chevrolet Avalanche
03/02/2019
Job completed properly- manager very nice and took his time
The job was completed properly and on schedule. The price completion price was somewhat higher than I had thought we had discussed. There is also a considerable amount of added mileage - somewhere between 50 and 60 miles - on the car’s odometer when I got it back. I MIGHT recommend to a friend, but with reservations or cautions.

RL
Robert L.
Melissa, TX
Toyota Sequoia
09/16/2018
Engine repair and brake check
I had a timing belt done on my 01 Toyota Sequoia and brakes checked. Quality repair at a fair price. I was disappointed that I was not able to talk to the mechanic who worked on my vehicle. I wanted to know more details and the guy who processed my $600 payment seemed in a hurry to get me out the door.

Denison, TX
INFINITI M35
09/12/2018
Friendly owner and thorough inspection of my car by mechanics
Very helpful mechanics and cost of car repair was very minimal. I recommend this repair shop if you want a good and honest car mechanics.

ST
Steven T.
Rosston, TX
01/24/2018 Category: Service
Steven said he has to take his vehicle back to this business because he is still having problems.

DE
Dan E.
Collinsville, TX
Nissan Sentra
10/25/2017 Category: Service
Dan said that the business made some mistakes that caused him to wait longer than normal. He wishes they would have had better communication, but their overall work was satisfactory.

Brent S.
Texas
Chevrolet Silverado
03/22/2017 Category: Service
Brent said the business does not do a good job of communicating. They were not timely.

LK
Lori K.
Chrysler Town
09/26/2015 Category: Service
Lori said her vehicle is not running correctly after the business provided the service. She has to return to get further repairs done.
Terry N. from Alpha Transmission and Auto responded on 10/23/2015

After the repairs Lori did experience some adverse affects of the reprogramming that were corrected on her next visit

SP
Stan P.
Gunter, TX
Chevrolet Camaro
06/16/2015
Great service, bad parking
Normally 5 star, but in this case where you parked my Camaro was in the mud. I got mud on my shoes and the carpet and mud all over the car from the tires. This is the first time since I've owned this vehicle that it's been in the mud!

SR
Steve R.
Chevrolet Pickup
07/19/2014 Category: Service
Steve said he thought the work would have been done faster.

ND
Nick D.
BMW 325Ci
06/17/2013 Category: Service
Spoke with Cindy. She said they were not able to help her.

Scott M.
Chevrolet Pickup
06/13/2013 Category: Service
Scott said this business did not fix his vehicle after they assured him they could. He brought his vehicle in for repairs because his vehicle would not go into overdrive and it was shifting hard. When he picked his vehicle up they informed him they could not fix the overdrive. They told him his overdrive issue could be caused by a number of reasons and he could pay $128 for them to try to repair it, but the repair might not solve the problem and they might have to try something else. He said he was not going to have the repair done if it was not going to solve the problem. His vehicle is not hard to shift anymore.