Automotion Sales, Repair & Motorsports

EH
Emilie H.
09/03/2019
Buyer Beware!
 Buyer Beware! My 20 yr. old Son bought his first car at Automotion just over a week ago. Steve Sherman knew that my Son was planning on driving the car back to school in Madison the day after purchase, and we were assured the car was ready for the trip. Our sales experience with Steve was positive, and he seemed like a trustworthy guy.
My Son drove directly home after buying the car and parked it. When my husband came home he went out to see the car and noticed a bulge in the tire (which must have been there before). Unfortunately my Son and I didn’t examine the tires, but I would have hoped Steve or someone else had before selling it to my son knowing that he was going on a road trip. He could have had a blow out and consequent accident:( Thankfully my husband saw it and we had to have a new set of tires installed the next morning ( given it’s 4 wheel drive and the cheap tires on it were the wrong size). That cost us $567. I left a voicemail for Steve the night of the car purchase and have yet to hear back which is so disappointing. From a customer service perspective I would have hoped for a response, as well as offering a “good faith” reimbursement for at least part of the price of the bad tire. But instead he blew me off. So I’ve decided to warn others of purchasing cars there. And if you plan to do so have it thoroughly checked by an outside mechanic and check Carfax.

K B.
Forest Lake, MN
06/13/2019
Error
Read the real reviews. Those are the truth...one star maximum and that's a stretch. Huge mistake. Full yr of unresolved issues

Allan S.
Anoka, MN
05/21/2019
STAY AWAY
I had traded in a vehicle back in May of 2018 and I have received letters from a impound lot saying they have the car as of 3/5/19. The title was never change out of my name. and when I pulled the carfax report it looks like it was never put in my name and/or never taken out and now I found out that the car was crushed on 4/24/19. I have contacted the DVS Dealer division to get this taken care of and report this.

if you have title issues call DVS Dealer Unit at 651-201-7801.

MA
Michelle A.
05/08/2019
0 stars/ stay away
We live in the neighborhood and brought our cars here a few times for service. I give people the benefit of the doubt and I rarely submit reviews but stay away from this place. Tim was dishonest, nothing was done on time, we were lied to and paid for work that didn’t get done. It was a constant excuse and no return calls.

Charles S.
04/19/2019
DO NOT SERVICE YOUR VEHICLE HERE!!
0 stars wasn't an option but 0 stars is my rating. Brought my car in for an electrical issue. The car was not getting any power despite having a new battery. AAA jump started my car no problem, battery had full power. Dropped my vehicle off at Automotion for repair. Get the call to pick it up, they tell me the problem was the battery terminals just needed to be cleaned up. Price, $120.00. It would take anyone less than 10 minutes to scrub those two terminals with a wire brush and they wanted $120.00. I went in to pick up the car and argued that the bill is ridiculous, way to high. They go on to tell me that they spent time putting it up on a hoist which there is zero reason to do for an electrical issue. Told me it took an hour to fix. What a sham. Dishonest, performing unnecessary tasks all to run up that bill. I'd been coming to that shop for years. The old owner never would have charged me this outrageous amount for a simple cleaning of battery terminals, and certainly would have been efficient in troubleshooting the problem without unnecessary work just to squeeze my wallet. Never going there again and advise caution to anyone who does. 0 stars

John K.
Saint Paul, MN
04/16/2019
Absolutely the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. No calls back when promised. Ignore your calls.
I tried for four days to get Steve to call me. I wanted to see a particular car. He never returned my calls and on the one occasion he actually answered his phone, he made promises about getting it ready to be seen and that he would call me. I’m still waiting. If he is that untrustworthy and unreliable when you are trying to give him business, imagine how bad it would be if you bought a car and then needed something. He uses the same words and excuses for multiple people; small family owned, only person in sales and finance, etc. Well, fix the problem but learn how to respond to customers!

BD
Brian D.
11/20/2018
Nightmare
Son bought car. Many things wrong with it. Brought it back to get fixed 3 months later nothing fixed and parts from car missing. Buyers beware. Nothing but problems 0 our of 5 rating. Check out BBB website for rating F

Allan S.
Anoka, MN
11/04/2018
Frustrating
My wife and I bought our second car from this place in May. We got a 2007 Audi Q7. When we bought it the rear gate was not working properly and the rear seat belts were broken. They were also going to get us another key. This was written in the contract.

We dropped the car off at there shop in mid August and got it back on 10/3 after 5 weeks. None of the repairs were done. The rear gate still doesn’t work and the rear seat belts had new housing glued and tape on around them. The one seat belt did not even latch. I messaged Steve and he said they will make it right. I told him at this point I would like to take it to Audi, he agreed. I went to Audi and got the cost of the key and looking at the gate. And have sent 4 emails and 2 text messages to Steve to make sure he was ok with the cost with no return. Also I ordered the seat belts on eBay and fixed them myself for 50 bucks.

Again this is our second car we have gotten from Steve and we would have gotten another one. I have given this place a 5 star rating in the past. So that’s why I am writing this now. Very sad that over $500 of work they are willing to loose a good customer.

I am still hoping that Steve will come through.

Allan

MN
Matt N.
Prior Lake, MN
09/24/2018
Buyer Beware
Bought a used Audi from Steve, was a nice guy but have had nothing but issues from the day I bought it and finally drove it home. They fixed one item then driving home check engine light comes on and have found issue after issue with no reply from Steve around working out a way to handle. There had been many "quick" fixes to get it thrown together and I find something new everyday. The error codes are items they would have known about and still didn't disclose. Stay away! If it seems to good to be true it probably is. I wanted a safe car for my kid and got an unreliable vehicle instead.

Mike H.
Eden Prairie, MN
06/30/2018
Unsafe vehicle - BMW X5 with Bent Frame
I was sold a vehicle with a bent frame. I bought a BMW X5 from Steve at Automotion. Was told the vehicle had not been in any accidents and they had done a thorough inspection and also repaired a number of items prior to the sale. I took the vehicle back in as the rear tires were wearing quickly, it looked like the camber might be off. They inspected it and said everything was fine. The uneven tire wear continued so I took it to an alignment and suspension expert. He called immediately to tell me the car had been in an accident, the frame was bent and due to the bent frame he could not bring the vehicle back into alignment. Now I have a vehicle that I've sunk thousands into that is unsafe to drive!!

I reached out to Steve to talk about a resolution to the situation, he said he would talk to the owner and get back to me. Steve never called back and now will not return any of my calls.

05/07/2018
You’ll Regret Ir
MN Attorneys General Office has made 4 attempts to communicate with owner, repeatedly IGNORED!

04/24/2018
Nightmare
Merchant sold vehicle with outstanding blower motor wiring and drivers side airbag recalls. Warning – extreme risk with possible crash and or fire and high risk of injury associated with recalls. I have an email from Steve Sherman 1/6/18 stating Auto Motion
would put $10,000 towards my son’s loan. The vehicle was returned to Auto Motion 12/12/17 at which time a white exhaust smoke was flooding the interior of the vehicle through air vents. This alone would have been a risk hazard for any driver. The vehicle
remains at the dealership without necessary repairs or correction of recalls. The owner was not aware the vehicle was back in Auto Motion’s care, custody, and control. The following were supposed to be repaired: iPad, brake lights, tire sensor, front – check
engine lights, airbag and sensors, heater core head gasket, no rearview mirror, have yet to receive title and side mirrors aren’t adjustable.

Magically, upon picking up vehicle, the convertible & iPad no longer work. And get this... The rear view mirror that was once in the trunk is GONE! Roman said they WILL NOT fix anything! Nearly 7 months of nightmares.

The OWNER ALBERTU BERTOMEU text me “ASSWIPE”! What kind of grown man / business owner treats a woman like this???

MN ATYORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE HAS TRIED NUMEROUS TIMES TO REACH OWNER, BUT HAS BEEN IGNORED!!!

One more thing... Vehicle was in a catastrophic accident, Automotion failed to disclose...

04/24/2018
ZERO

MIKE H.
Eden Prairie, MN
05/17/2016
Still not fixed
Great people working there, very personable, always treated very well. Bought this vehicle at Automotion about a year ago, overall a sold vehicle with some minor repairs and maintenance issues. Issue with the wiper fluid happened right after I bought it and unfortunately was not covered by the warranty.

They just can't seem to actually fix the problem with my vehicle. Once you use the windshield wipers and spray fluid, it continues to leak out and drain the wiper fluid tank over the next day. This becomes a safety issue as you never have any washer fluid. I've had it in 3 different times to be fixed. The first time they replaced a clamp, the second time they replaced the main pump and grommets, the third time they replaced the pump for the headlights and grommets. I feel like they are guessing verses actually fixing the problem and then testing to make sure it works. Each time they said it was fixed, the washer fluid drained out over the next few days. The last time it drained out, I refilled it and could literally see it running out underneath the car. I don't understand if they actually tested this, how they would not see it. Not only am I throwing money at this problem, which who knows if I really needed to spend it or not, but it takes up a lot of my time to get the vehicle in and then be without a vehicle for a few days while it is being fixed. Unfortunately, this has dragged out over the last year as I have a hard time getting the vehicle back in to be serviced, we have 4 cars in our family and everyone needs one, so it is hard to be without a car. Not sure what to do at this point other than bring it back in once again. How can I take larger repairs to them when they can't get this right? Disappointed.

Mike Hawley - BMW X5