Latest Review 19 minutes ago

Tom S.
Gurley, AL
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
10/17/2019 Category: Service
There is not a second chance for a first impression
The service manager, Cary, did call to address my concerns. The problem is there was really nothing that could be done to shorten the time it took for the service work, or to correct a multi-point inspection that indicates the wiper blades are in good condition when, in fact they are not. As stated in my original review the rear blade was torn with a strip of the rubber hanging off but the inspection sheet was checked that it was in good condition. He could not go back and actually wash the car as stated had been done on the paperwork received. It's not that I wanted the car washed, just don't claim it was and then return it to me dirty.
As I have learned with these surveys Hyundai - the corporation, not the dealer - does not really want the truth. Hyundai is not alone. Dodge, Chrysler, Ram and Toyota all do the same thing. The only rating that is acceptable is a perfect five stars. I'm sorry, perfection is a very lofty goal that is very rarely met and, I tend to tell the truth, not just what you want to hear. No, Cary nor anyone else at Bentley Hyundai gave me any instruction on how to fill out this survey but I have had it happen at this dealership and those of other brands. I did increase the rating by one star just due to the fact that Cary called to address my concerns and it shows someone actually does read them.

10/17/2019 Category: Service
Worst service department I have ever been to
Almost five weeks to replace an engine. That's entirely too long. The paperwork claimed the car had been washed. It was filthy. When I tried to use the rear wiper to clean off the rear window the rubber on the blade was coming apart. The multi-point inspection sheet had the wiper blades, both front and rear checked off as being in good condition.
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 10/17/2019

Hi Tom,

CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 10/19/2019

Hi Tom,

Thank you for thr rescore. We appreciate your business.

Raymond S.
2006 Hyundai Sonata
10/12/2019 Category: Service
Ignition switch/key cylinder replaced..
I want you to know Stephanie, my Service Representative, did an excellent job handling my problem with my 06 Sonata but, her hands were tied by dealership policy as per Service Manager, Cary F. The subcontracted Locksmith was unable to perform and complete the job/task in a timely manner. My suggestion to dealership management is to have a second locksmith to go to so this kind of problem don't happen again. One time is too many and it would prevent excuses from being made. I'm sorry for not filling this out sooner.

10/12/2019 Category: Service
Ignition switch/key cylinder replaced..
The work was not completed in timely manner because of locksmith not being available..
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 10/12/2019

Hi Raymond,

We apologize that we didn’t meet or exceed our promise time.  Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity.

CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 10/17/2019

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for the rescore.

James C.
Madison, AL
09/28/2019 Category: Service
Did work hard to explain charges
Still not happy with “diagnostic charges” but am impressed at how much they care about their reviews and do appreciate the call and time to discuss my previous issues. Everything is about how much the book or software forces someone to charge and it appears no one has individual discretion to address customer service issues. Extended warranty issues are handled differently at different dealerships. Guess I am getting old and need to find a smaller town with smaller businesses.

09/28/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed with service experience
Beware if you purchase a Hyundai from another dealership and obtain an extended warranty this dealership charged extra for the warranty work. If you receive a recall letter make sure the recall was not addressed on a previous visit. Watch out for the “diagnostic fee” and understand what that means. If you take your car in for a recall and ask them to check some minor issues or do routine service and there is no actual current recall you may be surprised like I was.
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 09/30/2019

Hi James,

CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 09/30/2019

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this rescore. We value your time and appreciate your business. We’ll see you for your next service.

Megan B.
2019 Hyundai Veloster N
09/11/2019 Category: Service
Takes Too Long
It takes far to long for them to take care of services. They had my car for 4 hours for an oil change and tire rotation.
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 09/11/2019

Hi Megan,

We have been trying to call you to talk you about your other survey you sent.  We apologize that we didn’t meet or exceed your expectations.  Thank you for taking your time to let us know. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to earn your business.

SV
Stacey V.
Union Grove, AL
2015 Hyundai Tucson
09/02/2019 Category: Service
Very Slow, missed issues
Went in for a recall and they missed other things with the car. It took them nearly 3 hours to do the recall...which was a computer update. I'm not really impressed with this location.
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 09/03/2019

Hi Stacey,

TT
Tammy T.
2015 Hyundai Tucson
08/25/2019 Category: Service
A phone call regarding my car would be nice.
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 08/26/2019

Hi Tammy,

Toney, AL
2013 Hyundai Tucson
08/09/2019 Category: Service
Service Advisors need Improvement
Service Advisors need to own their customers by showing a little more interest in them and not just wave them off to someone else who in turn refers them back to the Service Advisor, which is just a waste of time not to mention very frustrating.
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 08/09/2019

Hi Jenny,

SE
Sandra E.
Gurley, AL
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
05/30/2019 Category: Service
Service with wrong VIN number
Thank you Cary Floyd for taking the time to check in to the wrong VIN number. Look forward to seeing the results.

05/30/2019 Category: Service
Service with wrong VIN number
VIN number should all ways be verified by mechanic doing the work.

Would have been a higher rating if my phone call had been returned and the request I made was taking care of. You don't leave Customer hanging if you want them to return.
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 05/30/2019

04/24/2019 Category: Service
Service 420

04/24/2019 Category: Service
April 20 service
Went for oil change and tire rotation ended up with extras abc big bill
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 04/24/2019

Ronald D.
Harvest, AL
04/01/2019 Category: Service
It's the little things.
Don't offer to wash vehicles following service recall if you cannot do it in a timely manner. Service personnel were professional and courteous. Maybe hire additional personnel to wash the vehicles (keep this thriving economy going).

04/01/2019 Category: Service
It's the little things.
Second visit with car wash promised and not provided in a timely manner. I have purchased six or seven vehicles here and may have to reconsider. It is the little things that matter sometimes.
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 04/01/2019

Hi Ronald,

We apologize that we didn’t meet or exceed your expectations.  Thank you for taking your time to talk to me about your survey and for the promised to rescore.  Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to earn your business.

ES

Brownsboro, AL
2007 Hyundai Tucson
11/09/2018 Category: Service
Engineer
We have a economical complying only

11/09/2018 Category: Service
Engineer
To expensive for the technical service
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 11/09/2018

Hi Carlos,

CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 11/09/2018

Carlos,

2012 Hyundai Genesis
10/18/2018 Category: Service
Not service oriented.
Bentley is the closest Hyundai dealer to us, but we normally go somewhere else. I always fell like they are mostly in the business of pushing things we don't really need and our latest visit was no exception. Dealer in Decatur is much more customer oriented.
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 10/18/2018

Muscle Shoals, AL
08/13/2018 Category: Service
Friendly and helpful
Nathan was very friendly , cheerful and helpful.
He is the kind of service writer every dealership should have.
When I go back, I will ask for him.

08/13/2018 Category: Service
fair but can't always fix problems
can fix some problems but can't seem to fix them all

CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 08/14/2018

Thank you Mr. Nash for your rescore. Look forward to seeing you.

HK
Henry K.
Grant, AL
08/03/2018 Category: Service
electrical problem
they tried to correct an intermitting electrical problem, looks as if water was trapped in a wiring harness connection.

08/03/2018 Category: Service
repairs
the service man was very nice and called me daily but the service took a week and still have not repaired the problem. the car is still not driveable and will cost another tow bill to get to another shop.
CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 08/03/2018

Henry, We apologize that we didn’t meet or exceed your expectations.  Thank you for taking your time to let us know. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to earn your business.

CARY F., Service Manager from Bentley Hyundai responded on 08/14/2018

Thank you Mr. king for the rescore.