4.6

02/21/2021
Customer service
BLC needs better mechanics, they don't know what there doing
Brandy R., Manager from BLC Automotive Repair responded on 02/22/2021

I can assure you we do know what we are doing...however going in and fixing another shops issue after they messed up is what the issue is therefore we asked youto return back to that repair facility to have the issues addressed.

AJ
AMBER J.
GMC Terrain
02/19/2021
Took forever and left it smoky
My vehicle was there for almost a month. Once it was finally completed, I received it back with headlights that had to be replaced. They made sure to try to sell me wiper blades but didn’t bother to tell me that come the next morning to go to work, I would not have lights. They left the receipt for the breakfast sandwiches they went to get off Lane Ave while test drive it in the vehicle. They also didn’t care about the face that I have COPD while they smoked in my car, leaving the smell impossible to remove and left their ashes on my rear drivers window.
Brandy R., Manager from BLC Automotive Repair responded on 02/22/2021

The vehicle was here so long due to your warranty company. The legnth of time for them to supply part was not anything we had control over. we did our best to keep you informed throughout the process.

As far as eating and smoking in the car I can not attest to, however we do not condone those types of practices here. Some of our employees do smoke but it is against our policy to smoke in customers cars perhaps its possible it was residue from clothing.  Obviously we did not know about any health concerns prior to servicing your vehilce and we do apologize for the inconvieince. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Orange Park, FL
02/16/2021
Wow
We went in to get the transmission rede checked, the mechanic who initially did the work was off. All I needed was the fluid checked. We had to add fluid in the transmission after the work was done. So, the girl who came to help us was very nice and helpful. She went to ask the mechanic who was available, waiting on the part if he would check the fluid. His reply was, I don’t think that car has a dipstick. I would have to put it on a rack and there isn’t one available. The last we checked, we looked at the transmission dipstick before adding fluid. Their service was a lot better when they knew they were getting paid thousands of dollars to replace the transmission, versus a free transmission fluid check. Oh well, I guess that’s not important to them.
Brandy R., Manager from BLC Automotive Repair responded on 02/22/2021

Part of our procedure when checking the transmission fluid is to put it on the lift to check for leaks, which is what the mechanic was referriing to. If you are low then it is very possible a leak could contribute to that. We do not just assume and add we prefer to follow steps to check and repair based on what is needed. It does not matter who or what the charges are we provide the same service for all customers.

CK
CYNTHIA K.
Buick Enclave
02/09/2021
This place was not great they're very greedy for money I would not recommend this place to anyone please I beg you do not take your car truck or whatever to this location every last one of them is very bad and nasty
I do not recommend this mechanic shop to anyone you will be at a loss they half do their job the mechanic is real old and don't know what he's doing and they're very nasty I would not recommend this company to anyone please do not take your car there are truck the owner is always nasty and treat you with no l respect at all they are greeted for money I hate this place

JEFF C.
02/09/2021
Ripoff people .
M

This place is a ripoff the charge you to look at your car to see if they can do a front end alignment. They say it needs a tie rod end before they can do a alignment and charge you $35.00 plus tax. They say they will not credit the $35.00 unless the tie rod is changed there plus the alignment plus tax. The total of the bill comes to $267.00 plus tax. That is a ripoff.

GT
Gary T.
12/30/2020
DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!
DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE!!!!! THEY ARE CROOKED AND WILL CHARGE YOU AN OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNT TO REPAIR YOUR VEHICLE SO THAT YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT. THEN THEY WILL TAKE OWNERSHIP OF IT AFTER REPAIRING IT FOR NEARLY NOTHING AND TURN RIGHT AROUND AND SELL IT FOR TOP DOLLAR!!!! THIS IS THEIR HUSTLE!! IF YOU GO HERE, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR VEHICLE!!!!

CK
CHRISTINE K.
10/20/2020
I feel like they are incompetant. Ive been there 3 times, 7 hrs per visit, problem Not Fixed.
I have had to take my car here on 3 different days, so far, and Car is still not fixed. I feel like they do not know what they are doing...YES, I KNOW..they are All ASE certified...which doesn't matter if they cant figure out the problem..I AM VERY UNHAPPY..
Brandy R., Manager from BLC Automotive Repair responded on 10/21/2020

I understand your frustration but please know that we are more than capable of repairing your vheilce and our techs are well versed in these types of repairs.However Sometimes when dealing with electronics it is not always a cut and dry process.  For this very reason we asked you multiple times to drop off the vehicle and leave it with us becuase we knew how long it would take. For your own personal reasons you decided to wait with it each time. We did our very best to accomadate your situation in the time alloted. I apologize that you do not feel we did not provide you with great service. please reach out to me if there is anything else i can do for you. I tried to contact you but could not get through.

Joyce H.
08/11/2020
The person claiming ownership
Drove my car in for a diagnosis and could not drive it out. When I asked what happened 9 days later they still did not know. Would not return calls. I had to go there to get information. No one wears a MASK! Iasked to speak to the owner. When I asked the owner to stay back because he didn't have a mask, he turned went inside and refused to speak to me at a safe distant.

07/24/2020
Horrible
I will never come to this place again

AL
ANASTASIA L.
GMC Envoy XL
07/08/2020
Not so great spirit in their environment
Not so great receptionist and mechanics... They did not smile or speak only one receptionist had great customer service and pleasant communication!

RON C.
05/08/2020
Not happy
I brought my car in knowing what the problem was and they told me to bring it in to verify so they could give me an estimate to repair. I called the next day after dropping off the vehicle. And I was told they would give me an estimate with a rebuild or repair and get a call back later. I waited two days and no call I then went to pick up the car and take it somewhere else to get it fixed. I was charged 105.00 to have the vehicle looked at, when I was bringing it in for an estimate that I never got. So I was charged basically to confirm what I already knew was wrong and apparently they don't want to fix it. I'm from out of town so this was a great inconvenience. When I picked up the car nobody even questioned why. Just happy to take 105.00 for opening the hood and confirming what I already days was wrong. Thanks again

02/13/2020
Over priced...don't do it
I got a quote of over $950 dollars for a few replacement of some parts ..I told them it was too much and they reply was they take off $99 smh ...I say no and went next door to firestone auto care and pay $453.72 out the door with military discounts...
Brandy R., Manager from BLC Automotive Repair responded on 02/14/2020

We beleive there was a discrepency with your quote that was over looked. Please contact us so that we can discuss this. We think you will be pleased with the adjustment but if you have already had the work done else where we can still offer you assistance.

Dodge Challenger
10/21/2019
This place do not know what they are doing.
The reason for this low review is because first off they took off the wrong part. Then they charge me for the wrong part then they try to charge me again to do the job right. Stay away!!

NJ
Nathaniel J.
Chrysler 300
07/31/2019 Category: Service
Nathaniel said he brought his vehicle to the business to rebuild the engine but the business was not able to repair it properly the first time. He brought it back and still they were not able to repair it properly. He decided that he will bring it somewhere else.

JEFF T.
Plymouth Grand Voyager
07/09/2019
Over priced. Misdiagnosed problem.
Brought our van in for a blower motor issue. Tech said the blower motor was bad and needed replacement. Not! After the repairs, I ran the fan. Same speed issue. Told him to give me my good fan back and not charge me for the wrong repairs. Asked me what was he supposed to do with a used blower? Said it wasn't my problem, and that I wasn't going to pay the labor bill either, since he never fixed anything. Told him to try fixing it the right way, and to call me when it was fixed. They called me the next day, saying it was repaired. Said it was the fan resister and a wiring harness issue. The bill had now ballooned from the original quote of $350, to $450, and no new blower motor. AutoZone parts are $15 for the resistor, and $70 for the harness. Firestone charges approximately $135 for the same thing. The new repairs did work, but now at a much higher level. I asked the owner Mark to review the bill. He gave us a $25 discount. We are 20 year customers, and senior citizens as well. Didn't matter. $425 for a simple repair. Lost us as long time customers, and will tell our friends, family and co-workers to avoid them like the plague!
Brandy R., Manager from BLC Automotive Repair responded on 07/24/2019

We always try our best to make each and every one of our customers happy. However we are not perfect and sometimes that can not always happen. We did provide competive pricing and repair the vehicle correctly in the end. We are sorry if you did not feel that we did our best. We will always strive to improve our service and experience for our customers. Thank you for the review we appreciate the feedback; even a low score helps us to improve for the next customer.