Thomas B.
03/10/2019
Saved me thousands
Tim at BimmerPhD was extremely helpful. I purchased a used 530xi wagon that looked great on the outside and the interior was pristine. Unfortunately under the hood was a different story. After having it for one day the engine light came on and then didn’t pass SMOG. I brought the car to BimmerPhD to see what it would cost to get running right. I learned that it would cost more than the car would be worth. Tim did an inspection with detailed photos, each captioned with the problem the picture showed. There were 35 of them. With these pictures and a strongly worded email I was able to convince the seller to take the car back. This ended up being much better than getting less than $500 at a scrap yard for a car I just paid over $6,000 for. In the future I will always take any BMW I am interested in to BimmerPhD before I make the purchase.

Jess D.
02/21/2019
Peace of Mind
I can relax knowing my car is in the capable and experienced hands of the BimmerPhD professionals.

CR
Connie R.
02/19/2019
An Excellent Place
Tim and Frank are wonderful. As soon as you meet them you know your BMW is in good hands and that they love BMW's as much as you do. They are very knowledgeable. Their system of taking pictures and having information computerized is next level. It is a pleasure working with them.

WO
William O.
Arcadia, CA
BMW 740i
02/11/2019
Quality honest BMW service provider
Second visit to this BMW service team.
They provide excellent service and I am happy they promote a preventive maintenance program.
They also have integrity, I thought I needed the brakes serviced (the computer indicated that I did) but was informed they were still good, they could have easliy charged me and I would have been none the wiser.
Highly recommend , they take a little longer than normal service centers because they are meticulous.

WB
Walter B.
Monterey Park, CA
02/08/2019
Routine Oil Change Service
How nice to be able to drive my nearly 20 year old 3-Series for seven months and not have to fix anything. That is why I bring my car to Bimmer PHD Motorsports.

NB
Neil B.
Altadena, CA
BMW 128i
01/26/2019
Great inspection on a routine visit!
They did their usual fine job on my routine oil service and I added theBG additives guaranteeing lifetime warranty benefits. Their inspection of all the other systems of the car revealed some leaks and problems still covered under the dealer's warranty, which was expiring. As always, the results were explained in detail and photos were even provided. Thanks Tim and his staff!

AJ
Adrian J.
BMW Alpina
01/23/2019
Always great
Bimmer PHD is always great to work with. I always know my car is in good hands.

HT
Hong T.
Sierra Madre, CA
01/14/2019
Just good work.
Great service, very good work.

FV
Frank V.
01/09/2019
Thorough and excellent service!
Tim is great! He helped me service my transmission. I had a transmission service conducted at another shop 30,000 miles ago and felt that my transmission was shifting hard between gears so Tim recommended a BG transmission service. I thought my transmission fluid was clean and healthy but I was wrong. Tim from Bimmer PHD and Joel from BG Products really made a difference in servicing my truck. The last shop conducted a drain and fill (which only replaces 1/3rd of the fluid) but Tim and Joel conducted a complete transmission fluid and filter change with the right tools and fluids. BG's PF5 transmission fluid exchange machine is like a dialysis for your transmission and will literally exchange every drop of fluid in your transmission. I noticed a huge difference in performance and transmission temp after conducting my service. I can't thank Tim and Joel enough for their help and knowledge and will return in another 30,000 miles to conduct my next transmission service at Bimmer PHD with Tim. Thanks again Tim and Joel!

Molly M.
South Pasadena, CA
12/16/2018
Unknown
I dropped my car off at 9:30am for an oil change and a battery, I was told that my car would be done by the afternoon. Got a call at 5:30pm saying that the battery was being delivered the next day. Took a day and a half for an oil change and battery. Also, I thought I saw my car being driven in old town after I dropped it off, brought up the issue when I was called with a status update for my vehicle and was reassured that my car hadn’t been taken off the property and that cars are only driven on the freeway to check for problems. When I picked up my car the next day, the gentleman that brought me my car was the same guy that I saw driving my car the day before and the odometer was 13 miles over which is odd considering I was told my car wasn’t taken off the property.

MK
Michael K.
Sierra Madre, CA
12/13/2018
Oil check
I came in for an oil change and as usual, Bimmer PHD looked over my car for any issues. They found some rubber cracking at the brake hoses, rear flex and rear differential. We took care of the brake since it is a more important issue and also since in my history, it showed I was due for brake fluid change the next visit. It was nice to have the history available to take care of these issues all at once. The rear was not critical, so we postponed to the next visit. I appreciate they tried to help me save money by doing the rear fixes at the same time reducing the labor fee for these repairs.

Sarah C.
12/08/2018
The excellent work done.
Tim and his Tim work hard to resolved any problem you have with your Bimmer.. Tim takes time to explain what is need, and what has been done to keep your car in top performance.

EP
Eddy P.
12/05/2018
Best Family Business, Business
We love Tim and his family. They are always so friendly, professional and knowledgeable. We have an X5 and 428 Convertible and Tim always tells us what we need and what we do not. He truly does not just make us get things to rack up the invoice. We love the honest approach and if you have a BMW out of warranty. Go to Bimmer PHD.

Josh C.
BMW Z4
12/02/2018
25,000 Mileage Service
Tim and Frank were very patient and thorough in answering all of my questions about my vehicle and provided great tips on how to keep her in top shape!

LJ
Lorraine J.
11/14/2018
The best independent BMW service in Pasadena, Ca.
Bimmer PHD keeps my 2007 X3 running in excellent condition. They are HONEST, reasonable prices and the best customer service. Tim is very knowledgeable and has the expertise to explain all repairs in detail. Tim and his team of mechanics genuinely cares about your car and his customers. They provide service history online and reminders for recommended future repairs. They even installed a back-up camera in my car (something I always wanted in this SUV, allowing me to keep my car longer and save some money :-)) at very little cost. I am a very satisfied loyal customer and highly recommend Bimmer PHD with your BMW.

Tommy B.
BMW M3
11/03/2018
Great group of friends
Tim test drove car, heard noise. He and Jeff racked the car checked for sound under car, not there. Checked engine compartment and found that sound was a pulley that was bad. Got OK to repair and car was ready within 4hrs.

EV
Erick V.
Arcadia, CA
10/19/2018
amazing service
They were able to solve my convertible top issue that others couldn't!

Sarah C.
10/07/2018
Brake Service. Tim's Tech cover everything needed to keep our Bimmer in tip top running condition. Thanks
Thank you Tim for always giving us excellent service.

Russ & Sarah

PK
Paul K.
09/29/2018
Thorough inspection and great advice
Always appreciate Tim and his team to do a thorough inspection of what’s needed. Always great advice on how to plan out and prioritize work so the customer can budget accordingly. Let’s face it, these cars ain’t cheap to keep up.

Robin H.
South Pasadena, CA
09/28/2018
A1 customer service
Knowledgable courteous. Professional. Personalized service. Sevice the way it should be! Very happy, lifetime customer.