4.6

Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5Overall Rating 1.8/5
Latest Review 33 minutes ago

Josephine C.
2012 Hyundai Accent
11/08/2019 Category: Service
Time for service
The service manager was interested in resolving my problem so it can be avoided in the future.

11/08/2019 Category: Service
Estimate timen for repair
Wrong estimated time to repair. Very poor parking
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 11/11/2019

Thank you for your feedback. The Service Manager will contact you to speak about your last service visit.

Joe M.
11/02/2019
Poor!Poor! Poor! no Stars
I called ahead and scheduled a time to test drive a used car on the lot. It was confirmed by Stephanie that the car would be there and it was not sold. When I came at my appointed time I met with Stephanie who asked me to wait. I Waited, Waited and Waited 30 min before a sales person came to me. When I finally sat sown with the sales person they told me the car was sold 1 hour before I arrived. How disappointing!
I was not only made to wait then told the car I scheduled to test drive was sold. No respect for the customer. They at least should have called to let me know the car was sold prior to me coming to the dealership. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER do business with them again nor speak kindly of the dealership.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 11/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. We appreciate your business and we look forward to servicing your car in the future.

Joseph M.
11/02/2019
Poor, Poor, dont ever go!
I went to the service department for an oil change. I was confronted by a sales person who cursed at me as to where not to park my car. The sales person also threatened me physically when I explained to him he would have to wait until I spoke to a servive manager.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 11/04/2019

RP
Rocco P.
10/29/2019 Category: Service
Not so great
Uggh no thanks
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 11/01/2019

Thank you for your feedback I left you a message. I would like to speak to you about your last service visit. Please contact John Nunziata at 914-831-1500. Thank you

TK
Tj K.
Pomona, NY
10/23/2019
Beware crazy extra charges
BEWARE. I’ve been to 6 different dealerships looking for used car. They all have added charges that range from $400-$800. Its a way for dealers to advertise low and get you in the door. BUT this dealer tacked on $1700 to a $19000 car! A big scam. Check other dealers and saves hundreds!!!
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 10/28/2019

Thank you for your feedback. I check our records and could not find you in our system. I would like to have someone contact you about your  experience here. Please give me your info so we can get in contact with you. Thank you.

ZS
Zev S.
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
10/15/2019 Category: Service
Bad work good people
For the second time at this service center I felt like I was paying for work that should have been covered. This time it was replacing a taillight system that was replaced 13 months before. While I had to pay the service manager was great at making it as right as he could and if I return for service it is only because of his honesty
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 10/18/2019

Thank you for your feedback. John Nunziata the Service Manager will reach out to about your last service visit.

Mount Vernon, NY
2019 Hyundai Elantra
09/20/2019 Category: Service
Service Manger John was very helpful in getting my car fix. You can rely on him to fix any issues you having with servicing your vehicle. Car running perfect again.

09/20/2019 Category: Service
Poor service
I felt like there technicians Where being lazy to perform what had to be done to my vehicle.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 09/24/2019

Thank you for coming by to speak with me. I'm sure we can resolve your issue when you come in for your appointment.

KG
Kenneth G.
Sparkill, NY
09/16/2019 Category: Service
When my son and I each purchased a Sonata, we were told by the salesman that we would have free oil changes for one year. Apparently, only two oil changes are free of each of the two cars we purchased. When I called Max the sales manager, he never came to the phone to speak with me and failed to return any of my calls to discuss this matter.
However, John Nunziata, the service manager called me, and offered to pay for the oil change I recently had, and also offered me another free oil change before November (the one year date from when I purchased the vehicle in November 2018). He also offered to do the same for my son, who as noted above also purchased a vehicle the same day I did.

09/16/2019 Category: Service
Please see my previous narrative.
This dealership has a total disregard for customer satisfaction and has no interest to address any concerns of a customer.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 09/19/2019

Please contact John Nunziata to speak about your last service visit at 914-831-1500. Thank you

PJ
Patricia J.
09/06/2019
service dept review
My review is for the incompetent service department.
Advisers (Juan) don't listen to you or write down your actual complaint.
The service manager John Nunziata is terrible at customer service.
Service dept over inflated my tires to 40 psi, manuafacturer spec is 32psi, i prefer 34psi. This was their answer to my tire pressure light being on. I stated that the light flashes for about a minute then goes solid and it has been that way for 3 weeks. The tech said he filled the tires to spec and that fixed it, turned the light off. I told him and Juan that the light flashing for a minute before going solid means there is a sensor malfunction. BUT the work order was just written as -customer states her tire pressure light is on.
Fine, I leave because according to them, it is fixed and I tell them I will be calling back within a week. I get in my car to find the fuse cover on the floor-so all they did was reset it and over inflate my tires.
Approx 85 miles later the light comes back on the same way. This is when I found out my tires were over inflated. I call the next day, speak with John who informs me 1-they do not do loaner cars, 2-this is not their problem that my car is coming back in in less than a week. He does admit, hesistatingly that maybe the tech could have taken an extra step. I said that maybe someone should have actually listened to me when I spoke. He offers to get me a rental car at their price, $40.00 for the day. Ok, I cannot take more time off from work for this.
Next morning, I get there, the work order is actually written as I say. I get a ride to Enterprise and go to work. 5-6 hours later I have no call about my car. I call and am told that they just got off the phone with my warrantee company who approved the service and a tire pressure monitor had to be changed and I can pick the car up in about 30 min.
Well, I'm at work so how late are you there. I am told I have to pick up the car by 5:15. No cashier is there after 5? There's no place to pick up my key after 5? 5:15 is the latest??? How does that work for people that work??
Ok. Next day I drop off the rental $49.00 with taxes. Get dropped off to get my car. I inquire about getting a free oil change for my inconvenience. John offers to give me an oil change, but not synthetic which is what I put in my car. He actually says- I am not giving you a $75.00 oil change for free. I told him that they couldn't even give me a rental car for free, that is is not my fault I am back there in a weeks time.
His answer- I didn't make you do anything. (WOW-great customer service). I wait for the oil change, get my keys and ask John what my tire pressure is. He said it should be to spec, asks what is spec. I said its between 32-34. He said, its not between numbers, what does it say on the door. I tell him there is nothing on the door. He asks again, what does the sticker on the door say. I tell him a 2nd time that there is no sticker and I also tell the cashier that no one in this place listens to what I say. He takes the keys, goes to the car, opens the driver door, comes back inside and says-there's no sticker on the door jam. I look at him and say-I told you that 2 times already, but you don't listen to me either.
Mr Jonathan Grant, who does/used to, also own Central Ave Chrysler is the Dealer Principal here. This is such a bad reflection of him. I never experienced customer service like this at either the Central Ave location or the Tuckahoe location.
But I will not be taking my Hyundai here for service ever again.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 09/10/2019

Sorry about your experience. We reached out to you and left you a message. We would like to speak to you about your last service visit.

LH
Laura H.
New Rochelle, NY
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
08/07/2019 Category: Service
Service center is terrible
I would not recommend this dealership. Get a Hyundai some where else.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 08/09/2019

I left you a voicemail and would like to speak to about your last service visit. Thank you

Dobbs Ferry, NY
2009 Hyundai Sonata
08/05/2019 Category: Service
Responsive to feedback!
After some initial hiccups, this dealership made good on its promises to provide a solid service experience.

08/05/2019 Category: Service
terrilble service, don't bother getting your car worked on here
didn't fix car properly the first time; took a long time to fix when I brought it back.....still waiting 1.5 days for a diagnosis and estimate. Poor communication. Very pricey repairs; not unusual for a dealership but I thought at least the car would be fixed.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 08/08/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.

Bronx, NY
2008 Hyundai Sonata
07/30/2019 Category: Service
Terrible service
Every repair requires multiple visits to fix something they overlooked. Last time I went there they dented my car and had to send it to a body shop and they didn't provide a courtesy car.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 08/01/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me yesterday.

JJ
Jane J.
New York, NY
2016 Hyundai Accent
07/30/2019 Category: Service
Liers (salesman) fools and (me). No satisfaction on this particular visit
Salesman needs training, but the maintenance work is excellent. The manage who is an asset to Hyundai may want to work with him.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 08/01/2019

Please contact John Nunziata to speak about your last service visit.

AC

Martin I.
Yonkers, NY
06/30/2019 Category: Service
Cheap cars
Cheap cars, very expensive to have minor things repair. 1,500 sensor says it all.
JOHN N., service manager from Central Avenue Hyundai responded on 07/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.