Overall Rating 4.5227277/5Overall Rating 4.5227277/5Overall Rating 4.5227277/5Overall Rating 4.5227277/5rating 4.5227277
Overall Rating 2.34091/5Overall Rating 2.34091/5rating 2.34091rating 2.34091rating 2.34091

Continue reading recommended reviews

WA
WILLY A.
Mineral Wells, TX
11/27/2019
false advertisement
I viewed an auto trader online for a mustang convertible. was a good price. after several texts and a few phone calls later, I took a day off from work, (really pissed my boss off) bought a full tank of gas, drove app 2 hours one way, test drove car, AND THEN, THE PAPER WORK STARTED. the price was 2000.00 dollars more than advertised. no one EVER mentioned that advertised price was a false price, would NOT wasted my time, if I would have known. I GIVE THEM AN FFFFFFFFFF AL THE WAY

BR
Brian R.
08/08/2019 Category: Service
New management different experience
Loved our purchase. Not happy with the lack of service and accountability after the purchase. Warranty purchased was not the warranty we expected. We purchased the vehicle 7/10 and the vehicle broke 7/13. We expected it to be a warranty issue but found out that we were sold a warranty that does not cover much but very large repairs. We got a few different stories and ended up paying double what we expected. Not satisfied overall.
STEVE B., Service/Parts Director from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 08/09/2019

I want to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and I am disappointed to hear about the communication on your purchase and the difficulties it has created for you on your servisce visit. I would like to speak to you and see if or anything I can do to help resolve this to your satisfaction. Please feel free to call me at 214-755-5805.

Steve Bentley

Roger G.
Dallas, TX
12/11/2018
Simple Service
Sorry so long, had to explain. I purchased a 2019 Santa Fe, two front windows did not have tint. I asked about the windows. They said I could pay for it now. Craig our salesman said just bring it in on a Thursday and he'll take care of me. I called, spoke service department and was told I would have to make an appointment and our salesman would have to make it. So I have been trying to get a hold of him since yesterday and it has been a hassle. I left him a message with a receptionist to call me back. I've called and have been put on hold with no response. Today I left a voicemail and received a text from him saying he was checking in to see when I would be able to come in. I called him back to ask him if I need an appointment, was planning on going this Thursday. I told him if they were too busy, I would like my money back so I can take it elsewhere to have done. He said he would find out if the guy would be there. Told me he would respond shortly. Never heard back. Took the day off on Thursday to have this done. I cannot take any more Thursdays off. I will ask for my money back and see how it goes.

KR
Ken R.
Rowlett, TX
12/07/2018
They made it right!
We were told we had our first oil change free, but were told that was not true when we showed up. Shelby, the Service Manager contacted me as soon as he learned of this and he is taking care of it.

The measure of service is more about how you resolve problems than anything else, and Shelby was great! We will be back.

12/07/2018
No free oil change?
When we purchased our new vehicle in June, we were told (and reminded a couple of times) that our first oil change would be free. My wife went in this week to get that free oil change and was told in service they did not know anything about that.

Otherwise, always have been pleased with the service on our previous car and this one. Selby has been great !
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 12/07/2018

Ken,

Thank you for your survey comments, as per our conversation we owe you a free oil change and we are going to honor what we say.
Thank you for your on going loyality to our dealership and look forward seeing you for your next scheduled service visit.  Merry Christmas    God Bless.

Sincerely,

Selby Fuller

BR
Bill R.
Greenville, TX
10/27/2018
Poor sales effort
Went to look at 2019 santa fe to replace car totaled un accidenr. They did not have what we wanted on lot. Offered to dealer trade but when it came down to actually getting a car for us they said it was too much trouble to dealer trade i give the sales guy credit for having the cahones to say i hope we can earn your service once you get your car somewhere else!

RK
Robert K.
Karlsruhe, BW
10/08/2018
Will never go back.
I’ve never been treated so horribly by the general manager and one of their finance employees. I will never go back there. They belittled me and I will never give them my business again. I will never give a Clay Cooley dealership my business again because of them and how they treated one of their potential buyers.

GS
Godfrey S.
Carrollton, TX
06/24/2018
Title, I didn't received yet
I AM HANDICAPPED, SO I CAN NOT DRIVE FOR A LONG DISTANCE. I ASKED THE PERSON WHO BROUGH MY SANTA FE TO MY HOUSE IF HE CAN ALSO BRING MY TITLE AND LICENSE PLATES ONCE THEY ARRIVE, WHICH HE SAID HE WILL DO THAT. DO YOU KNOW WHEN IS HE GOING TO DO THAT?

BW
Bethany W.
Garland, TX
2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
06/13/2018 Category: Service
Shady and Dishonest
I want to start off by saying I understand that dealerships are there specifically to make as much money off of their merchandise as possible. It's understandable in the industry and there is absolutely no hard feelings in that regard. I traded in a 2015 Hyundai Sonata, and left with a 2018 Hyundai Elantra. I'm very happy with my new car.
However, I would never do business with Clay Cooley Hyundai of Rockwall ever again. They disgrace the name of Hyundai and I will be following up with the manufacturer as well.

During negotation, my sales rep Hunter made it clear that this dealership suffered from the hail but had it all repaired. Fair enough! I checked the car and saw no damage. After I drove my new car off of the lot and was in a different lighting, I noticed the trim around my driver side windows looked as if someone had taken a hammer and beat it to death. I immediately called back and spoke with Hunter who asked me to bring the vehicle back to be inspected. I returned to the dealership to be instantly told that their insurance does not cover the trim around the windows, only the body (I have never heard of an insurance company only covering bits and pieces of a vehicle). They offered to pay half of the cost to fix but before agreeing I requested an estimate. They returned with $774.23. After buying a brand new vehicle, a week and a half later I was asked to pay $387.12 in repairs that they had simply overlooked. Upset, I asked to speak with the General Manager.
My first red flag should've been that he didn't come speak with me. He asked me to come back to an employees only area where I was immediately addressed with, "So what's the problem? We offered to pay half is that not enough?". It did unfortunately turn into an unprofessional yelling match in which he stated since they "lost" on the vehicle they didn't owe me any favors. I advised that this sort of practice would be taken to the Better Business Bureau (Which will still happen), which earned a response of "You can't come back here and threaten me!". A checks and balances sysyem was put in place for shady dealerships like this one, so it will be used. Finally, he came to the resolution of me only paying $150. Still not great, but better than nearly $400.
I got the repairs done. I received an invoice.
The total in repairs was no longer the previously quoted $773, but it was now only $430. Not sure where the discount went during the original quote, but in the end I realized by offering to pay half, they were simply doubling the price of repairs.

I traded in a vehicle. I recieved notification the payoff check had been sent and assumed everything was just dandy.
However, as some icing on the cake I recieved notification from my finance company 3 days later that the check had been voided and returned.
I had called several times and left several voicemails about this and 22 days after the deal was done, there is still no response. Here I am now, unsure if my trade-in is even paid off or if the contract has been breached by the same people who wrote it.

Do not do business here. They're shady, unethical and as soon as your name is signed on that dotted line they lose every bit of hospitality.

Tl;dr:
They charged me for hail damage repairs, lied about the cost, verbally accosted me when I questioned the cost and stated since they lost on my deal they don't care about me as a consumer.

The payoff they sent for my tradein was returned as a voided check and now they are dodging my calls.
SELBY H F. from Clay Cooley Hyundai Of Rockwall responded on 06/14/2018

Bethany,

My name is Selby Fuller , I am the Service Manager here at Clay Cooley Hyundai. I spoke to you last Saturday when you were dropping off your car for the chrome trim items to be replaced. I apologize for all the issues you have experienced , I was not aware of them. I performed the repairs on your car as instructed. We are here in the Service Department to keep your car looking and running new. If you have any questions or concerns about your car we are here to address them.    972-722-6365     God Bless.

Sincerely,