08/10/2018
Overcharging
The quote was $375 for a $150-$200 job.

BP
Brad P.
Beaverton, OR
Kia Optima
04/05/2018
Okah I guess.
Somewhat okay, but staff acted entitled when explaining a few things to me an most of it sounded like a horrid array of excuses. I would first off start by saying when I came back my driver door no longer worked, and two. So sorry excuse for a lie was told to me when I was told they could not do testing on the aultornatir, but in retrospect they could have by attaching a diffrent battery an the peace needed for the plug only cost a few cents. I could go on, but I doubt I will ever come back to this place.

James R.
Honda Accord Wgn
03/23/2018
Estimate for repairs
I brought my car in Monday to take advantage of your 3995 service special and ended up just getting a filter in an oil change with nothing else included. I asked that your shop go through and give me a list of work that needed to be done on a priority basis and you're man in the shop said he would get on it that afternoon and have a typed estimate for me. I have yet to get that report and have decided not to wait any longer for you to follow up at your leisure. I did have good success when you made my initial repair to my car but have found the attitude to be somewhat impatient and off-putting on my subsequent visits.

CD
Carole D.
Oregon
Volkswagen Jetta
05/26/2017 Category: Service
Carole said she brought her vehicle into this business on Monday and it turned out her thermostat needed to be changed. They never told her the hourly rate. The part only cost $24 but she had to pay a little over $300 for labor work. It was not clear, how much time they spent changing the thermostat nor was there any type of clarification on the hourly rate. When she received her invoice, there was no additional information provided. When she received her vehicle, another light came on for her air bag. It turned on out of nowhere and it was not doing that before she took her vehicle in. On her way to work, she made it 2 blocks before she heard 2 loud beeps and her thermostat light started blinking red. She had to drive back home to get her bike, which made her late to work and it was an important day. She normally has school after work so she had to leave work early to get her wife's vehicle. Her wife had to cancel her plans so she could take her vehicle. She then had to bring her vehicle back in the following day which was another big inconvenience and when she arrived there, there were no apologies. They were very dismissive about the issue. All they told her was that her thermostat fluids needed to be topped off and that they would do it for her. That same day, they gave her a quote for maintenance work, without telling her what was going on with her thermostat. They never fully fixed the issue, regarding her air bag light. They told her to take her vehicle to the dealership to handle that situation. However, she did deal with a couple of nice people, like the person working the front desk and Daniel. There was no responsibility taken with the person she spoke with when she dropped her vehicle back off. The situation could have been handled much better and responsibility should have been taken for the errors. She stated, since she had to bring her vehicle back in and it was such an inconvenience, she feels that at least she should receive partial money back. There also should be more clarification given to the

Kim B.
Mercury Milan
12/28/2016 Category: Service
Kim said the business did not fix the problem. She had to return for the same issue and she had to pay for the inspection. Usually, they perform good work. She would recommend them for oil changes but not for electrical work.

VW
Valerie W.
12/24/2016
Don't waste your time or your money
kay, so I'm going to write a long, detailed account of my interaction with Comfort Auto but the bottom line is: just don't take your car here. Choose another mechanic - there are loads of them in the Portland Metro area. Comfort Auto has despicable customer service and seriously questionable practices.

Here I go... we were heading off on a 3-month long road trip and took our Bronco to Comfort Auto for preventative maintenance (we'd taken our car there several times over the previous year). It had a slight rough idle but otherwise drove great. Comfort Auto had it for two days and when we picked it up and attempted to drive it home it couldn't get above 30 MPH on the freeway. We brought it back the next morning and sat and waited at a coffee shop nearby to hopefully get them working on it early (they are notoriously slooooow) and they had it done around noon.

So we started on our road trip and from the beginning there were numerous new problems... the Bronco was backfiring and didn't have any power under load (going uphill). Somehow we made it to Idaho and took it to a GREAT mechanic that had it done the same day. They told us that Comfort Auto had poked holes in the spark plug wire through their diagnostics and the timing was off by 14 degrees. So our "preventative maintenance" ended up costing us $500 for Comfort Auto to create issues and another $500 to fix them.

I sent numerous emails to Comfort Auto explaining our situation and requesting a refund. No response. So I started calling. When I finally reached Dan he played dumb about not getting my emails (later I found out he did read them and simply lied to me). His response was to say they didn't poke holes in the wires because "no respectable mechanic would do that" (Right. Which is why I will never give you my business again) and said that he would go to court before refunding my money. We spent probably 30 minutes on the phone with him yelling at me and interrupting me (I seriously have never had such a negative customer service interaction in my life). Then his dad got on the phone because Dan was "so upset". Dad (I forgot his name) talked to my husband and said he would call our Boise mechanic to talk to them directly and that he would call us back the next day. Surprise surprise we've never heard from them again.

The thing is, everyone makes mistakes and I get that. If they would've just been kind about it and listened and refunded at least a portion of my money I would've been happy. But they were rude and lied and ignored my calls and wouldn't refund a penny. So seriously Yelpers, don't waste your time or your money on Comfort Auto.

NW
Nate W.
Buick Regal
09/22/2015
Will never go again
Kept my car all day twice and did nothing, sayinh they couldnt figure it out. Went to a different shop they fixed my problem in 2 hours. Will never go again.

SK
Shane K.
06/19/2015
Not happy
Made an appointment, which apparently counts for nothing. They didn't even work on my car the day it was scheduled. When I expressed my disappointment to the owner he became angry with me. Definitely would NOT recommend. Refused to work with me on price despite keeping my car an extra day and costing me several hundred dollars in,lost production.

Mary H.
06/17/2015
Latest Visit
I wasn't particularly satisfied with my last visit. I fully understood how busy you were (which I was told several times). When I said I was in desperate need of my car and had to take it somewhere else, I was told to leave it and you would see if you could duplicate the problem and see what could be done. It was there for hours and I think the only thing you did was start the engine. The next day I took it to another shop that was just as busy and they fit me into their workload. I received phone calls from them throughout the day with questions about my car problem that lead me to believe that they were actually trying to find the problem (which eventually they did). I wasn't expecting preferential treatment from you but I did think with the amount of business that is directed your way from my organization on a monthly basis, a little more attention could have made.

HK
Hailey K.
12/30/2014
Lacking in knowledge and comunication
I went to Comfort Auto because it was close to my house and the yelp reviews were pretty good. The communication between the person who helped me at the counter, the one on the phone, and the person actually working on my car was terrible. My questions were answered in a round about way that made the mechanics seem like they were either avoiding answering or they had a lack of knowledge for the situation. I felt like they passed me around, took my money, and didn't actually do anything to my car. I will never go back to them again.

Michael S.
Scappoose, OR
08/07/2014
buff job rip off
Had the right side of the car repainted,nice paint/bad color match.new paint lighter than old.charged 200.00 to buff left side and made it worse with new chips in paint

Ray H.
07/25/2013
Lots of lip service
I droped off my truck at 3 pm with the intent of picking it up the next day, the next day when I called I was told might not be done that day, (a tune up rear breaks and a serpentine belt) when I aske the price b4 I authorized the work I was quoted a price. When I mentioned the coupons and when I called back the price went up. Almost 16 hours to do this work unacceptable. To your credit you did honer your labor coupon and did not charge me for your mistake in billing. But then I was topld my truck was washed keeping in mind it was just washed 3 days b4. My truck was NOT WASHED!!! then I was later called and apologized to not for your errors but for leaving trash in my truck and personal items. This tells me not only did you take my truck for a test ride to check your work but you went to lunch, eat in my truck and made personal errands, REALLY YOU WANT ME TO RECOMMEND you to friends???