Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Bryce B.
Subaru Legacy Wagon
05/08/2018 Category: Service
Bryce said he purchased two tires and one week later, the tire popped and he didn't do anything to his tire. He thought everyone was nice and friendly, even though he had to purchase another tire. He stated it would be a good idea to get better quality tires.
Jeff P., Owner from Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 05/09/2018

Bryce's tire had a hole in the tread from running over something and would have been repairable had it not been driven on flat.
Unfortunate but any tire would have not held up to this.
I just wanted to clarify what happened.

LG
Lance G.
Waterford, WI
12/05/2017
Overcharged terribly
My daughter who is a college student took her 2005 hyundai tucson in for a miss in the engine at 230 pm on 11/05 and by 430 pm they were calling telling us it was done 175 .00 in spark plug wires. Which of you go online and look up napa they are 100 dollars and we all know they get a better price than average Joe. 95 dollars to hook there computer up on car very pricey and 263 dollars in labor. Total bill for spark plug wires 481 dollars. Rip off
Jeff P., Owner from Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 12/06/2017

Lance, let me start by saying I'm always troubled by an unhappy customer, although it's uncommon, but I'm caught off guard by your comments. Your daughter approved our diagnosis of the check engine light issue and the $94 cost to diagnose the problem. That was before 2:30 when we called you with the recommendation to replace the spark plug wires, which you approved for $481.35 total, as billed when we got done.
The labor charged for the plug wires replacement was for 1.8 hours, as per the industry flat rate. Our completion, and my call to let you know it was done at 4:45, was commensurate with that.
Your investment is backed by a nationwide warranty and the repair was done on a walk-in basis as a good faith effort to get the vehicle back to your daughter promptly and in good running condition. I feel we delivered as promised.
I sincerely value your business and if there is anything else I can address, please call me.

BT
Brian T.
La Crescent, MN
Chrysler 200
01/24/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Brea. She said she took her vehicle to the business to replace a headlight, she was overcharged and they tried to charge her an extra $30 for the labor. They did not call or let her know when her vehicle was ready. She called them to see if her vehicle was ready and her vehicle had been ready for 3 hours.

QS
Que S.
09/17/2016 Category: Service
Que said he is still having problems. He spent a lot of money and the problem is still occurring.

PL
PAUL L.
05/26/2015
did not stand behind our truck after putting in a transmission.
Told us to go to the transmission repair man ourselves even though we paid gordies for the repair.
Jeff P., Owner from Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 05/27/2015

Hi Paul. I first have to apologize. I didn't mean to put this issue off or skirt any responsibilty by asking your wife if the truck could be taken to the guy that did the trans rebuild. As you know, we had looked at it twice after you picked it up and could not duplicate the problem you were noticing. My hope was that you'd be better informed by speaking directly with him. I called him shortly after she left and asked him to keep me in the loop about the progress as I am committed to your satisfaction.
I didn't articulate that with your wife during our conversation. Looking back, perhaps I should have taken it over to him and not burdened you with that. I just want to stress that I wasn't washing my hands of the problem and can assure you the rebuilder and Gordie's will get this resolved.
Feel free to contact me anytime if you have a concern. Thanks for your business. Again, my apologies.

EC
EVAN C.
04/05/2014
Great Owner, Caring Company
The owner took time to talk with me about the repairs and really helped me understand what was going on. With my initial review i think there was a lack of communication but after talking with the owner I understand the repairs much better and will most likely return to this company. The owner is an extremely caring guy, not just for the reputation of the company, but for the well-being of the customer. This shop is actually a pretty great place!

04/05/2014
Expensive
Went in for simply break pads and walked out with much more. I couldn't tell you if all those things actually needed to be replaced (brake pads, arm, calipers and rotors and they wanted to fix more...) but a quick brake pad switch turned into what they wanted to be a $3000 fix. Ill probably try to find somewhere else next time or just go back home to do it. I've heard they take advantage of college kids but i guess you don't believe it until it happens to you. They did the work quickly just at a steep price.
Jeff P., Owner from Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 04/11/2014

Hi Evan. Thank you for taking my call today so we could discuss your questions and concerns with this repair. It's a line often overused, but your satisfaction is very important to me and I hope you now feel more comfortable with what was needed and why. Thanks again, Evan. I appreciate your business.

Jenny S.
11/21/2013 Category: Service
Jenny said they were friendly, but they were not able to finish replacing a spark plug. They told her it might break if they removed it, but another business removed it fine. She would not recommend them because they did not fix the spark plug and she still had to pay their bill. They did not replace any other spark plugs.
Jeff P., Owner from Gordie's Towing & Repair responded on 11/23/2013

As you know from your wait while we attempted to remove this spark plug, we gave this an honest effort. It was in a tight spot and we were concerned that if we applied any more pressure the plug may break off or strip the threads in the head. We consulted with you about this concern and you agreed that we not go further with it. I had estimated the cost to be $20 to $60 to replace the plug when you called, saying it just depended on the time it took, saying there was probably a reason the previous shop had done the other 5 but not this one. I felt our charge of $20.95 was reasonable and we discounted our actual time spent on it since we were not successful.
I am glad to hear someone got it out without it breaking. If a refund would help make things right, I'd be glad to do that as we value your business. Just let me know.