Overall Rating 3.75/5Overall Rating 3.75/5Overall Rating 3.75/5rating 3.75rating 3.75
Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5

Hyundai Veracruz
09/02/2019
Bad jod
Oil changed one day, next day leaked all over my drive. What mess. Very poor device.

Saturn Ion
04/24/2019
Close to home, helpful, knowledgeable
I like how it is close to home, staff is knowledgeable and explain things in understandable terms .

CP
Casey P.
GMC Acadia
11/19/2018
Not Great Customer Service
I appreciate your email back. Your service advisor did explain that the cleaning would possibly fix the issue however it didn't fix it at all, my husband didn't even pull out of your parking lot with it happening again. We then asked for the part to be fixed and when we were charged the service advisor tried telling us the cleaning was part of the repair, which it wasn't. Any other company would have refund the $50 for the cleaning as we turned around and had the part repaired (I know this because I asked a few other friends who are mechanics). It's quite interesting that I was told on the phone I'd be refunded the $50 but now I'm only refunded the $40. There is a reason why we've taken our business elsewhere since. As I mentioned, we've always been pleased with our service but up until this, it makes me think otherwise.

11/19/2018
Not Great Customer Service
We've been bringing our vehicles to Griesbach for a couple years now and have put over $10K into repairs between two vehicles and have always gotten great customer service until our recent service. We were told that we could do a $50 cleaning to a sensor that could help or $450 to repair the part, we decided to try the $50 cleaning only to not even pull out of the parking lot with it having the same issues. We went back inside and asked to have the part repaired and when it came time to pay the bill, we asked to have the $50 removed as the cleaning didn't help at all. The customer service rep argued with us and refused to refund the $50, my husband explained the situation, how he was given the option to either clean or replace the part but the rep kept saying it was part of the new part price. After explaining all of this and even telling him how long we've been coming, how much money we've spent over time plus needing to have new tires on both of our vehicles + some work done to our other vehicle the rep still didn't care, so he left telling him we'd never come back. Got home, about hour later and the rep called and said he'd refund our money. In the end, yes we're happy that he refunded the money (even though it was only $50 but it was the point of the matter now) but there was no need for him to argue about it.
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 11/27/2018

Thank you, Casey, for taking the time to review our business.  We truly appreciate your continued business over the years.  Our Service Advisor may have not explained the options clearly.  We want to do what is best for our guests by providing them with all their options.  The option of cleaning the sensor was one that had a possibility of fixing the issue while being cost effective.  We leave the option up to our guests, but that does not mean that we can perform them at no charge.  Again, because we do appreciate your business, we gave you a $40 discount on the sensor replacement.  We are always working toward providing the best service and we would love to win back your business.  Please reach out to us with any more concerns, thank you.

Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 12/07/2018

Thank you, Casey, for responding so that this miscommunication can be resolved.  The $40 discount is in reference to a discount on the repair of the sensor which you received because of your Team National membership.  We will refund you the separate $50 for the cleaning.  We hope this clears up any misunderstanding and again, feel free to contact us with any other concerns, thank you.

Joel S.
Mosinee, WI
07/26/2017
Sorry, not satisfied at all.
When we received the vehicle, it was already 4 days past the promised initial completion date. It was becoming inconvenient being without it for what turned out to be 8 full days.
We drove it home. That same evening, when we were going to use it again, the "check engine" light came on, and the cruise control indicator was flashing. The cruise control itself was non-functioning, which was not a problem when we initially brought the vehicle in for service. We followed the procedures outlined in the owner's manual (several times) to deal with possible causes for the lights. It did not fix either problem. We were forced to return the vehicle for further inspection and service.
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 09/06/2017

Joel,
I am sorry you had a bad experience with your Subaru when you visited. It was unfortunate the needed parts were delayed and when the parts arrived, the Technician performing the major repair on your vehicle needed a personal day that had been scheduled months in advance. I can assure you this is not standard procedure and will use your experience in our training with employees to prevent future issues.   Thank you for bringing your vehicle back in and making it right for you.  We appreciate you trusting in our service and look forward to seeing you again soon.

BW
Bob W.
Nissan Xterra
09/24/2016
Couple of misses this visit.
As an independent garage their competitive advantage is service but this time there were a few misses:
1. Had to reschedule due to loaner not being available. I didn't schedule in advance; but no one appeared to go out of their way to find one.
2. After the repairs were completed (2 1/2 days later - thus the need for a loaner) I found out one problem was not diagnosed and still exists!
3. I am now returning to have the one problem checked.
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 10/06/2016

Bob, First of all, please let me thank you for taking the time to review our service. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we continue to strive for complete customer satisfaction. I am sorry to hear that we did not have a loaner available for you. As we have a limited number of loaner vehicles available, which are typically booked out a day or two in advance, it does make it difficult to have a loaner available the same day. I do want to thank you for bringing your Nissan back for the additional noise that was hear and am happy that we were able to take care of it for you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns.

Ashley S.
Rothschild, WI
Honda Accord
04/11/2016
Oil Change
My coupon was not applied to my bill and I was overcharged $10. Also, my car hood was not fully closed and could have posed a safety hazard on the road, had I not noticed it before I left the parking lot.
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 04/20/2016

Thank You for your feedback Ashley, we really appreciate it. Please contact us so that we can resolve this ASAP. So sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Pat Gonzagowski
Service Manger - Weston
715-355-1553

Kurt S.
02/11/2016
Overpriced and poor workmanship
Brought suburban for service on brakes on recommendation of a friend. Brakes failed within one year in very limited driving. Refused to do anything for me after charging and arm and a leg for the work.
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 02/15/2016

Kurt,
First of all, let me thank you for the time taken to review our business. I appreciate all feedback, good or bad, as we continue to strive for complete customer satisfaction. Secondly, I understand your frustration in this matter. We absolutely stand behind our work, if given the chance by our customers. Unfortunately, after 11 months and over 7k miles, your caliper failed causing premature brake pad wear. Had you brought your vehicle back to us when you started having problems with your brakes, we would have been able to warranty the parts that needed replacement. Unfortunately, you had someone else look at your vehicle, who then replaced more than what you needed, therefore voiding any warranty that we and/or our vendor would have been able to give you. Please feel free to call me with any further questions.

Daniel S.
Schofield, WI
08/21/2015
trustworthy and great warranty
Came in for routine oil change and thru a through inspection, found issues that needed attention before it caused a break down.
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 08/21/2015

Daniel, Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We greatly appreciate our client's feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

jack w.
07/30/2015
brakes
worked on for three days still didn't work

NN
Neal N.
Buick Regal
10/10/2014 Category: Service
Neal said this business was too expensive but they were friendly. He would not recommend them to others because their prices are a little high.
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 10/21/2014

Neal,

Thank you for your feedback on the quote we gave you for the repair on your car. We strive to use the highest quality lifetime warranty parts, depending on availability, and warranty our labor for three year or 36,000 miles to provide our clients with the greatest peace of mind regarding the repairs performed. We employ ASE certified technicians to ensure inspections, diagnosis, and repairs are done accurately and efficiently.

Providing this level of service, professionalism, and the peace of mind that our customers have appreciated for 17+ years here at Griesbach Auto Service does incur expenses. However when compared to similar auto shops in the area, our estimates are competitive. Unfortunately, we are not able to compete with the "do it yourself" person because of associated business related costs. We ask that you keep these things in mind when making your decision on what path to take when repairing your vehicle.

Thank you again Neil, for allowing me the opportunity to clarify the estimate I have prepared for you. If you have any further questions or concerns, I encourage you to call me or Jon.

Joshua Larson
Service Advisor
Griesbach Auto Service

TT
Tracie T.
09/26/2014
Expensive and tires were not filled
For an oil change and tire rotation, it was extremely expensive. I have been to other places that charge almost half of that. Plus I was told that they filled my tires but when I got in the car the light was still on. After driving it around town, I stopped back and was told to keep driving it.... Needless to say when I got home, I checked them myself. I will now be filling them myself because my tires are low. I've been here before and decided to go back because I liked it. Now I won't be going back.
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 09/30/2014

Hello Tracie,

I remember when your boyfriend/husband/male friend stopped by the other day. I reviewed all of the prices with him prior to doing the work requested. It looked like he spoke with you prior to fixing the rattle concern as well, not sure what happened there.

In regards to the tire lamp concerns, our ASE certified technichians fill all tire pressures to the proper pressure listed for that vehicle on every oil service. On most vehicles, the tire lamp will reset upon driving 1-10 miles. If the lamp persists, there is likely a faulty sensor or problem in the tire pressure system. I would love to look at the tires/tire monitoring system for you at no charge. I think we may have just a simple misunderstanding.

Hope all is well,

Pam S.
Rothschild, WI
Suzuki Esteem
03/24/2014
Service was quick and Tristan was very helpful
Awesome job guys thank you!

Darla W.
08/19/2013
Great people BUT
Called because the a/c went out on my vehicle and I travel a lot for work. Tristan and Patrick were great at getting me in to be seen on short notice, provide a loaner vehicle so I could do my job, and communicate with me on the progress.

The a/c worked for about an hour after I left so I'm back to square one. Please call me in the morning so we can resolve this.

Thanks.
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 08/26/2013

Darla,

I talked to Patrick and Tristan and I would like to thank you for coming back in so we were able to diagnose your problem for you.  As Patrick mentioned electrical issues are not common but can happen from time to time. Unfortunately the a/c clutch had to run for about 30 minutes before it would fail making it a very difficult and uncommon a/c problem to diagnose.  Again thanks for trusting in us to look into it further for you!

Jon Griesbach

Justin S.
Mercedes-Benz 190E
07/25/2013 Category: Service
Justin said he would not recommend this business because he felt ripped off. He was overcharged for the service.
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 08/05/2013

Justin,

I have talked to Tristan about your concerns and he has tried to get a hold of you also to discuss your concerns, but have not heard back from you.  We are both confused and concerned about your review.  Mike diagnosed your failure on your 1992 Mercedes-Benz 190E and Tristan gave you the option, in this rare occasion, to find a used part on-line as your dad requested. You called us back the next day and told Tristan that you were not able to locate any used parts cheaper than what we had located already, and gave us authorization to proceed with the needed repairs.  Please contact me at your earliest convenience so I may address any other concerns you may have.

Jon Griesbach

TH
Tara H.
05/16/2013
A little dissapointed
They did figure out what was wrong with my car. I did not have them fix it. Disappointed that I drove my car there but when I picked it up I had to tow it because it would not stay running. It just makes me wonder if that is a coinsedence?
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 05/28/2013
Tara, Thanks for you review. I can sure understand your concern. Your problem was an intermittent problem and took quite some time to show itself. When it did show it self, the problem went from intermittent to a hard failure and that is why your vehicle would not stay running. Fortunately it happened here and not while you were out driving along the highway and left you stranded somewhere. If you have any additional questions please contact me personally so I can assist you. Jon Griesbach

Katie M.
Dodge Neon
04/10/2013
Update on the Car issues
Previously, issues persisted with my car after initial inspections by Griesbach. They have diligently inspected the car and graciously repaired all issues. I am very happy with the repairs they have made.

04/10/2013
Still have issues with the car
I brought the car in twice for service. The car sounds worse then when I brought it in the first time the battery light keeps going on and off, there is still a burnt plastic smell and the car feels as tho it is going to die. On a positive note the customer service is excellent.
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 04/22/2013
Katie, I would like to thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. Also thank you for letting us correct the issues you were having. Our #1 goal is customer satisfaction and I hope you were satisfied and would reconsider recommending us to your family, friends, and co workers. Thanks again for trusting in us! Jon Griesbach

Brad S.
11/02/2012 Category: Service
Brad said he will not recommend this business or go back to them, because on his previous visit at this business he paid $700 for a celluloid governor for his transmission. He said he had issues and returned for his most recent service. They told him he needed a new transmission. He did not get the new transmission. He said he paid $700 for something he didn't need because he needed a new transmission and they still charged him $40 for the diagnostic on his most recent service visit. He would not recommend this business based on this experience.
Jon G. from Griesbach Auto Service responded on 11/14/2012
Brad, I understand your concerns. The initial test showed the governor pressure solenoid was not at desired pressure. After replacement the transmission tested fine. Unfortunately we were unable to foresee that 4 months later that the transmission would fail internally due to mechanical failure.

Mosinee, WI
11/14/2019
Will go back

GE
Gary E.
Chrysler 200
11/14/2019
We're well taken car of at Griesbach!
Thank you, Jon, and Griesbach team, for the fantastic care we received this week and last on our Chrysler. We're confident that you guys keep our car in great shape and honestly, we don't give it a second thought. We appreciate your expertise and outstanding customer service during each visit. I also appreciate the wireless for access to work while I wait...that is priceless. And the coffee is darn good too!

Ringle, WI
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
11/05/2019
Organized and good communication
I had to have quite a bit of work done on my older vehicle but I liked the communication and follow up via phone and text. I can be hard to get in touch with during my work day, so this made a good impression on me as well as the upfront pricing and delivery on time.