PM
PATRICK M.
GMC Yukon
10/04/2012
no customers so the service is quick that is the only good point I can understand why !...
I was proposed a remanufactured alternator for 100 $ less, I refused , anyway a remanufactured altenator was installed, I wasn't informed and I paid 340$ while it costs in most other places 200$, unfortunately I discovered that later.
Dennis M., Manager from Griffin's Auto Repair responded on 10/08/2012
I have been trying to reach you by phone,but to no avail so I am trying email. When I quote Alternators it is my attempt to give all customers three choices. New with all new parts, new remanufactured with reusing the external housing and replacing all internal parts and rebuilt units where only the damaged parts are replaced, reusing the good tested used parts. I usually advise the middle choice. It is apparent that my explination was not clear and I am very sorry for that. If this explanition does not clear the issue, and you still feel that you did not receive the Item you selected I will be happy to install a completely new unit at no additional charge. My reputaion is more important than any dollar amount and I value you as a customer now and in the future. A new unit sell for $415.46, a new remanufactured unit sell for 321.40 and a rebuilt sells for 218.74. The middle choice is the one I installed. Again I am sorry for the missunderstanding and wish to make the situation better for both of us. Thanks Dennis Griffin.

SR
Susan R.
Mazda MPV
09/24/2012 Category: Service
Susan said they did a very good job. They did the best job they could and they did it quickly. They also kept the cost down.

Joan M.
09/22/2012 Category: Service
Joan said her service advisor Dennis did a great job.

NA
NANCY A.
Volkswagen Jetta
09/19/2012
Analysis of Volkswagon Jetta
Mr. Griffin had great communication with me
about my possibility to by a Volkswagon Jetta. Because of his assessment of the Jetta I was able to make a wise decision & am very thankful to him!

DAVE B.
09/12/2012
Service, service, service
Our transmission broke down just as Griffins was closing for a holiday. Griffins arranged for a rental car for us so we wouldn't be inconvenienced. The cause of the problem was elusive, but was found and repaired. Griffins is thorough, and professional. Further, Griffins is honest, and fair. We can't imagine going anywhere else. Griffins definitely keeps our car in top shape.

CD
CHARLEEN D.
Ben Lomond, CA
08/28/2012
3500 Mile Service
Excellent, as always. I have complete confidence that Dennis will ensure my vehicle is safe on the road.

PM
PAT M.
Dodge Ram Van
08/23/2012
Great honest service.
Great thorough and professional service from a small efficient and well managed shop. Owner Dennis Griffen does it all for all types and ages of automobiles.

ME
MARTHA E.
Volvo V70
08/20/2012
replacing radiator
Dennis is always helpful, friendly, and informative. He did me the favor of replacing our radiator by the end of Friday so we could have the car for a weekend trip. I highly recommend Griffin's as a mechanic service!

SV
SCOTT V.
08/20/2012
Quality work for a reasonable price and no B.S.
I took my '96 Dodge pickup to Dennis last week for a radiator replacement. He diagnosed the problem quickly, ordered the part and had the truck ready to pick up the next day. The price was reasonable and the work, as always, was quality. Dennis is professional and courteous, and doesn't insult me with the slick BS I used to get from his competitor located a few blocks away....you know, the guy that says "when you want it done right....blah, blah, blah now give me a fat check". I appreciate an auto repair shop whose primary mission isn't to pick my pocket. Give Griffins a try, you won't be dissapointed.

Sarah H.
San Mateo, CA
Toyota Paseo
08/20/2012 Category: Service
Sarah said this business didn't do anything wrong and they were good.

MICHAL G.
08/19/2012
Replace CV axel boot
Dennis again i think did a great job. His estimate was right on and only $13 off the actual cost and he completed the work the same day way ahead of schedule. He seems very honest, technically proficient and a great mechanic. I will continue to use him in the future and his on line car history is really great. Thanks, Dennis

AT
Allen T.
Los Altos, CA
Chevrolet Corvette
08/17/2012 Category: Service
Allen said everything was good and excellent.

Johnathan C.
08/17/2012 Category: Service
Johnathan said he was very happy with Dennis because he did what he was supposed to do.

VM
Vic M.
Chrysler Concorde
07/31/2012 Category: Service
Vic said he knows Griffins well. If there are any service problems he can go back and they will take care of it with no hesitation.

DON R.
Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight
07/24/2012
proximity and knowldge about the car.
oil odor is still in the passenger compartment??

JIM M.
Saratoga, CA
Ford Crown Victoria
07/18/2012
Griffins provides great service. Honest, trustworthy, and very good mechanic. Not only that, nice staff (Dennis) makes you feel like you have stepped back in time to when service was person-to-person instead of like big shops of the present time where you are treated like you are just a number instead of a person. I am really happy to have found Griffins.

SR
Susan R.
Mazda MPV
06/28/2012 Category: Service
Spoke with James. James said they are wonderful and fine people. They are honest and do good work. He said they are marvelous, sweet, courteous people and he really appreciates them.

GL
Guipo L.
Dodge Stratus
06/26/2012 Category: Service
Guipo said he always uses this business for service and they did a great job.

Marcile S.
Cadillac
06/23/2012 Category: Service
Marcile said that this business was the best and that they were wonderful people.
Dennis M., Manager from Griffin's Auto Repair responded on 06/25/2012
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVIEW.

KF
KRISTEN F.
Los Gatos, CA
04/04/2012
Dennis not only took great care of my car he made the experience convenient for me. Thank you Dennis for sharing your expertise and kindness.
Dennis M., Manager from Griffin's Auto Repair responded on 06/25/2012