Overall Rating 1.2/5Overall Rating 1.2/5Overall Rating 1.2/5Overall Rating 1.2/5Overall Rating 1.2/5

DA
Darol A.
Audi TT
06/17/2021
Good place, good skilled people.
Kinda great to see an auto repair joint still integrated into a retail block. Actually a sign of civic health around here. Hope they can stay.
Super-skilled and personable folks too.

JJ
Joshua J.
06/17/2021
I appreciated the straightforwardness.
Bad news is only tolerable news when it’s being delivered in a straightforward and professional capacity backed up with plenty of information. They did it right.

EA
Edgar A.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
06/15/2021
Miata service June
I was very pleased with my first visit to Hillsboro Auto Repair. I have an older Miata and had been looking for a reliable place fir routine service. I believe I found it here. .

Volvo XC90
06/15/2021
Honest and helpful!
Our car broke down and was towed to their location. They were incredibly kind and helpful in addressing a situation. We highly recommend them!

Jordan M.
06/11/2021
Good Communication!
The process of making the appointment, dropping off my car, and communicating about what services I needed, was so smooth. They were very nice and efficient. Great service!

SP
Stokes P.
Chevrolet Traverse
Great job, as always
I really appreciate the great service that we get at Hillsboro Village Auto Service. Brent is always very straightforward and there are never any hidden charges. The work is done in a terrific fashion. Jennifer also is a pleasure to work with.

Jeffrey P.
Mercedes-Benz E350
Accommodating
Needed these guys in a pinch to help put on a tire and they delivered . High recommend.

AL
Alex L.
Reliable and affordable
I am so grateful for Hillsboro Auto. They have serviced both my Volvo and Subaru for battery, light, and tire issues over the years. Always way more reasonable than the dealership, fast and ready to help when I need them. Great folks doing honest business!

AH

Gail K.
Chrysler PT Cruiser Classic
06/07/2021
Incredible
Rusty spent his time on the phone with me telling me how to SAVE money, not spend money on repairs I was convinced by others that I needed. Never in 82 years of age have I had such a positive experience with an auto repair establishment.

TG
Thomas G.
06/04/2021
Great service! Friendly folks!
Needed last minute trip pre for RAV4, and these kind folks worked me in!

Kia Rio
06/04/2021
They cant fix it
Cheap fast and good? You get none here. Took 2 full days days (7:30 am -5 pm the next day) and $700 basically just to fix a solanoid. Fired the car up and smoke started coming thru the vents for a good 5-10 minutes. You will regret going here like I do and wonder when they are gonna finally knock it down and turn it into a starbucks

My favorite auto shop
The team at Hillsboro auto has been servicing our cars for 18 years. I trust them implicitly.
Honest and trustworthy. And kind as well.

AW
Amy W.
RELIABLE
HAC is excellent!! ANY issue I have ever had with my Rav4 has been quickly and easily taken care of. They back up their work, and you will find no other business more friendly and flexible with their customers!
Local & family owned... 'nuff said!!

James S.
Requested Feedback
After googling a/c car repair, I found your location. I dropped off my 2013 Toyota Rav4 at your location on Friday, May 21 and left it with you to service on Monday, May 24th. Leaving the next day on a trip North, it was important to have my a/c repaired. I was called later on Monday to let me know that, after much testing, that my Evaporator Core was bad and needed replaced. Due to the position of this part under the dash, it would take about 22 hours and cost about $ 4, 000.00. My wife and I left very early the next morning on our trip to try and beat the heat that was due. During our stay in PA, I went to a repair shop and they found it to be the compressor. I ordered the compressor from another location, only to find that it was the wrong part. They actually found the leaks on my current compressor and sealed them. We left on Monday, May 31 to head down to VA and realized that I had no a/c. I reached back out to the PA repair place and they said that it was probably a bad compressor. I went to a Napa Parts store down in VA to buy a can of A/C Leak. The guy expressed concern, and suggested I take it to get it looked at. He made several calls and sent me to a shop minutes down the road, that said they would try to get me in. They were able to pull my vehicle in the shop within 30 minutes at 9 am. After looking it over, Tim gave me the diagnosis: the tubes on the compressor were not properly fitted. He said there should be resistance in connecting the tubes, but there was none. He replaced the o rings, added 2 freon and recharged the system. They called me at 10:30 am to say that my car was done and ready to be picked up. We left VA yesterday and arrived back here in Nashville last night. We had super cold air on our entire trip.

You have asked me for feedback. According to your website, 'SAVE MONEY WITH NASHVILLE'S #1 CAR A/C SHOP!' I am disappointed in the service I received.

You wanted to charge me $ 4, 000.00 to replace a part, which according to the service I received in VA, would not have repaired my a/c. You charged me $ 204.00 for parts and labor. The PA repair shop charged me $ 159.00 for their parts and labor. The VA repair shop charged me $ 98.94 and my a/c is fixed. So, I spent a total of $ 461.94 ($ 363.00 too much). A refund would be nice, but I don't expect that would be an option.

You asked for feedback and I am trying to be kind. My dad always said that 'if can find a good repair shop, you are way ahead in the ballgame'. Being to new to Nashville, it seems that I may have to keep looking.
Eric I., Owner from Hillsboro Village Auto Service responded on 06/13/2021

Hi Tim, we are disappointed with your representation of the details. At the time of your diagnostic, you were in a same day hurry. We advised that we inserted a AC dye were not finding a leak and there was a strong potential for a evaporator core leak. We additionally advised this repair if required would take sometime. We are a small three bay garage with limited space. The whole dash would need to have been removed to repair the vehicle. We provided general cost model of worse case scenario at your insistence. Ultimately, you pickup the vehicle and took to two other shops on your travels to find cause. The dye that was put in by us, is what allow the third shop to determine where the leak was coming from. We only charged you for evacuation and recharge plus freon. These were fair and legitimate charges for work performed. We do not guess at cause and take a phased approach to repair. This ensures only what is broken is recommended for repair which saves money in the long run. We are glad you got your AC repaired and found solution that worked for you.