KC
KATHY C.
GMC Acadia
03/09/2020
Huge disappointment
In November I brought my car in for inspection sticker. I had $500 worth of work done and had an inspection. The car failed, they said, due to emissions but bring it back and it will pass. I brought it back and was told I needed $2500 worth of work for it to pass. I had the work done. They kept the car for 2 days longer than they said they would and I paid for a rental car for those days. The car was brought back today and it passed. They put an inspection sticker on it (for January) AND they charged me for a new sticker. I called to say I was really disappointed that I was charged and received a reply that it goes straight to the state. I can’t believe that they didn’t compensate in any way — offered me a free oil change or anything.

EB
ELAINE B.
12/30/2017
Honda accord
Every time I take my daughters Honda here they say they do the problem but it’s never fixed the first time . Then they always charge me more the second and third time . Don’t understand why they can’t fix it the first time . Not happy with service not recommending them every single time this happens

SHIRLEY S.
Sharon, MA
11/15/2019
Promptness of service was impressive. We were disappointed that the car had to be returned as the hand brake was not set & my husband had to make a return trip causing a few hours delay.
We were very pleased by the prompt service although in order to get a part we had to leave the car overnight. Also my husband had to return the car (after he got home!) as the repairman neglected to set the hand brake. Please check the car BEFORE releasing the vehicle. Thank you.

STEVEN H.
Hyundai Genesis
03/03/2019
Genesis inspection and oil change
Left car at Island auto all day on a Saturday for oil change and Inspection sticker. Paid in advance. Picked up car at 2pm at closing and found inspection not done

09/13/2018
Not my suberu!
Not my suberu!

EF
Emily F.
Groton, MA
07/10/2018 Category: Service
Emily said she has had to go back to the business a few times to try to resolve the same issue.

CP
Cathy P.
09/22/2017 Category: Service
Cathy said the service was too expensive.

Mike D.
Massachusetts
01/08/2016 Category: Service
Mike said this business was very kind to get his vehicle in as quickly as they did. He was told they were absolutely positive the issue with his vehicle was the computer. When he heard the words, they were positive. He told them not to complete the repairs and took his vehicle to the dealership. They told him the facility was on the right track but the diagnoses they gave him was false. It was an electric issue cause by a bad ground. He is thankful he did not have them complete the repairs because it would have caused problems on both ends.

DEBRA W.
06/03/2015
Customer service, time, price
Outstanding service as always!

Jim F.
Kia Sorento
09/02/2014 Category: Service
Jim said he received an estimate for tires, which was too expensive.

AC
Andrea C.
05/13/2014 Category: Service
Andrea said she had to go back to this business because they did not complete the work on her vehicle. She chose not to elaborate

Jessica M.
Massachusetts
Nissan Xterra
02/25/2014 Category: Service
Jessica said the staff was very nice and helpful. The check engine light came back on, so she had to take the vehicle back a second time. The business performed another diagnosis and found additional services that need to be performed. She is waiting for someone from the business to contact her to address the issues.

KA
Karl A.
11/06/2013 Category: Service
Karl said this is a local business and it is a bit expensive.

THELEASE S.
Lexus ES 300
03/05/2013
The location is very convenient.
I went in for an oil change, as I have done many times before, with other maintenance problem, all were handled and I was satisfied with the work. What made Island Street stand out was a car wash. This was not done, and the prices for an oil change went up. I was disappointed.

Toyota FJ Cruiser
06/17/2020
Best Auto Repair
knowledgeable, efficient, and personable. Always able to work on our cars when needed.