Overall Rating 4.69048/5Overall Rating 4.69048/5Overall Rating 4.69048/5Overall Rating 4.69048/5rating 4.69048
Overall Rating 2.42857/5Overall Rating 2.42857/5rating 2.42857rating 2.42857rating 2.42857

Joseph H.
07/03/2019 Category: Service
Not Prepared
Do a better job of having loaner vehicles available for customers, especially long time customers
Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 07/05/2019

Joseph, thanks for taking the time to express your honest concerns. We are disappointed to hear you left our dealership feeling this way and we would appreciate the chance to discuss this matter further.  We will reach out to you directly.  Thanks again.

S W.
04/25/2019
Fear-Mongering and Price Hiking
I went in for a procedure I had done by this dealership/autoshop before which I was expecting to pay $100 for. They fixed the issue for my alarm going off which came down to a $5 censor. However, while checking out my alarm problem the mechanic also decided to fiddle with my air filter. It was dusty but not terrible. I decided to be agreeable and have it changed. Now I know diagnostics is no more than hooking your car up to a handheld that tells you if the car has a problem. Mine didn't. They ordered a five dollar part. Then tacked on $77 for CHANGING an air filter. The air filter was triple the price of its market cost and there was $25 for labor. What labor? No one told you to take the filter out in the first place which means if I had just told them to put it back with the old one and not a new one they wouldn't have tacked on $50. Before I agreed to the air filter the salesman started to tell me about breathing in dirt, etc and how important it is to have these things changed. Then they tried to sell me a tune up plan and some other services for $700. I came in for an alarm expecting to pay maybe $100 and nearly left paying $1,000. It's my stupidity though for even saying yes to an air filter that takes less work than it does to open my hood. Next time I will change my own air filter and I'm asking them for the box to my sensor so I can buy it and replace it my damn self.
Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 04/25/2019

Good morning.  Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. We are disappointed that you have had such a negative experience dealing with us here at Joe Pecheles Hyundai. We can assure you that it was truly not our intention to disappoint or frustrate you during this process. The authorized work that was performed on your older model vehicle was recommended to keep your investment running well.  We would like the opportunity to address your concerns and better explain the repairs that were made.  You are important to us and we will reach out directly.  We look forward to speaking with you.

2015 Hyundai Veloster
04/22/2019 Category: Service
Ignorance is bliss.
Service Writer ignored my every request. I paid $300 for them to find out why my car overheats and why the A/C won't blow cold and they assured me my car is fine. Easter traffic, boiling over on the freeway!
Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 04/23/2019

Good morning.  Thank you for sharing your feedback.  It is discouraging to learn of your experience with us. Your feedback helps us improve and we would like to learn more about how we can make this better.  We will reach out to you directly.  Thank you.

04/18/2019 Category: Service
Not recommend
I would not recommend Joe Pecheles to anyone where customer service and friendliness is important factor in both buying and service .
Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 04/18/2019

Thanks for sharing feedback with us about your recent service visit.  I would appreciate having the opportunity to speak with you directly about exactly where we failed your expectations.  I will be glad to call you at any time that is convenient.  I want to apologize for where we failed and I look forward to being able to speak with you.   Thank you.   Doug Batchelor, General Manager,
Joe Pecheles Automotive.

Ahoskie, NC
2010 Hyundai Genesis
04/11/2019 Category: Service
Not satisfied
Not satisfied with service or communication for. Company
Kelsie C., Customer Relations Specialist from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 04/11/2019

Kelsie
Customer Relations Specialist
252-361-0378

2013 Hyundai Azera
09/10/2018 Category: Service
Satisfactory follow-up
Service advisor called several times as follow up.

09/10/2018 Category: Service
Stunned at how little they care about customers
Hyundai and pecheles both acknowledge that my car has a mechanical issue and refuses to fix it. the manager and technicians all agree that there is a issue in the engine, yet my car is considered, “operating normally”. Even when the car was under factory warranty, they refused to fix my car. Under my extended warranty, they refused to fix my car. I suppose they can rest comfortably knowing that I have a car that is not fixed, that will one day break down for certain ...and I’m still making payments. Awesome .
Dawn K. from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 09/11/2018

Our manager would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to us at (252) 756-1135. We look forward to hearing from you.

2011 Hyundai Elantra
04/14/2018 Category: Service
No communication
Good luck getting warranty work done. You have to fight with Hyundai for them to cover anything.
Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 04/16/2018

Hello.  Customer service is one of our top priorities so we are disappointed to hear we failed to provide you with the quality experience you deserve.  We appreciate the chance to try and make this better.  Our management team will reach out to you directly.  We look forward to speaking with you.  Thank you.

GM
Gaspare M.
Merry Hill, NC
2016 Hyundai Elantra
04/13/2018 Category: Service
Poor listening skills and customer care
Poor listening skills and customer care. I know bagels need more than just carbons built-up cleaning service at 50,000 miles. How come nothing else was checked? No fluids, tire rotation, shake off Excess contaminants off filters Instead of replacing them with all the bugs and dirt, it would’ve cost anything to just shake them off before we install them.
Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 04/13/2018

Gaspare, we regret that this situation has not been resolved to your satisfaction and we would like to try to restore your confidence in our business. We have reached out to you several times, so won't you please contact us?  We value your feedback and would appreciate the chance to correct any concerns with our staff and provide a quality experience for you.  We hope to hear from you.  Thanks again!

2014 Hyundai Elantra
03/23/2018 Category: Service
Hyundai
I was very upset after leaving. They were rude and VERY unhelpful. This WILL be my last visit.
Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 03/23/2018

Hello.  Thank you for your honest feedback about your experience with us. It is our goal that every customer leaves satisfied so we are disappointed to hear that you did not.  We would like the opportunity to address your concerns and will reach out to you directly. Thank you, and we look forward to talking with you.  You are important to us.

TL
Timothy L.
Littleton, NC
2017 Hyundai Accent
03/06/2018 Category: Service
MAKING GOOD ON A MISTAKE
After having a bad service experience the GM contacted me personally to apologize for the mistake and also offered to compensate me for my time and the service mistake. I believe they genuinely want to keep me as a satisfied customer. I will definitely give them the chance to show me their service is as good as their sales.

03/06/2018 Category: Service
MARK YOUR TIRES WHEN GETTING A FREE ROTATION
POOR SERVICE
Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 03/07/2018

Timothy, we're extremely disappointed to hear about your negative experience at our dealership. Our customers mean a great deal to us and we regret that we failed to provide you with the quality service you deserve. We have also received feedback from your wife, and our general manager has reached out to you both regarding this matter. We will continue to reach out to you directly so that we may resolve your concerns. Thank you and have a great day.

Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 03/13/2018

Timothy, we greatly apologize for the incident you described and the way it was handled initially. Our GM Doug Batchelor indicated that he has reached out to you to resolve.  It is very important to us that we have resolved your concerns to your complete satisfaction. We would greatly appreciate your taking the time to re-score us based on this.  If you have any questions, please DO let us know.  Thank you again.

New Bern, NC
2005 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/26/2017 Category: Service
You Can Have Reasons or You Can Have Results
The vehicle was dropped off for a/c repair at 8:15 on Thursday. I incurred the expense of a rental car due to the car not being repaired on Thursday. At 4 p.m. on Friday, I went to the service department to get a straight answer after several excuses as to why my vehicle was not ready. I was told that this had been a "nightmare". I was given several weak suggestions of continuing to pay for a rental over the weekend, have the car put back together and come back on Saturday, or schedule another time. Finally, a miracle happened and the car was fixed after it was apparent I was not going away.
Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 09/27/2017

Dear sir, we sincerely apologize and recognize your frustration with your recent service experience. We would love the opportunity to make things right for you and will reach out to you directly.  We do appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback with us.

KD
Kenneth D.
09/13/2017 Category: Service
Friendly Courteous
Great
Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 09/14/2017

Kenneth, we understand and appreciate how inconvenient the timing on your repair was.  We apologize and are so glad that you were able to speak with our service manager Neal to discuss the circumstances surrounding the delay.  We will continue to work hard to keep you completely satisfied.  Thank you for sharing your feedback.  We appreciate your business.

06/30/2017 Category: Service
The service was great
Service department always does a wonderful job

06/30/2017 Category: Service
This dealership sucks
Don't trust them they lie about everything.
Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 06/30/2017

We are so sorry that you feel this way.  When we followed up  with you on 6/27 after your service visit there was no mention of any concerns.  Your satisfaction is very important to us.  We have tried to reach out to you by phone and by text and have been unsuccessful.  Please contact me at 252-756-1135 so that we may help resolve your concerns.  Thank you so much.

Thank you for speaking with Neal our service manager.  I would like to speak with you, too, regarding the sales concern.

AH
Angela H.
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/04/2017 Category: Service
I bought my vehicle in 2015 and a year in a half later I can not be told what is wrong with it.
POOR
Laura L P., Customer Relations Director from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 05/04/2017

Angela, thank you for your comments. We are so sorry that you are frustrated and that your service visit was not completely satisfactory as we aim to provide excellent service and thorough explanations.  Our Service Manager Neal Williams will be reaching out to you today to see how we might help.  Thank you for choosing Joe Pecheles Hyundai!

WM
William M.
Chocowinity, NC
2012 Hyundai Genesis
04/28/2017 Category: Service
Unhappy customer now a happy customer
A lack of parts issue has been addressed to what will be the satisfaction of service customers as well. Pecheles Hyundai has shortening the inventory turn time thus going a long way toward having parts in inventory when they are needed.

04/28/2017 Category: Service
Unhappy customer
See comments
German L. from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 04/28/2017

William, we appreciate your feedback. It is our goal that every customer leaves satisfied and we regret to hear that you did not. Our Service Manager, Neal Williams would like the opportunity to try and restore your confidence back in our dealership. He will be reaching out to you today. We value your business and look forward to speaking with you.

German L. from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 05/10/2017

William, thank you for the great re-score. We are thrilled that we were able to get your issue resolved and appreciate you being our customer. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance to you. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

2010 Hyundai Genesis
03/14/2017 Category: Service
TERRIBLE
I was just in for an oil change. I went to renew my tag yesterday and was reminded that I needed to have my car inspected. They waste your time trying to sell you everything under the hood while waiting for an oil change, why not mention that I need an inspection?
German L. from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 03/14/2017

We appreciate your feedback. It is our goal that every customer leaves satisfied and we regret to hear that you did not. Our Service Manager would like the opportunity to try and restore your confidence back in our dealership. He will be reaching out to you today. We value your business and look forward to speaking with you.

RT
Rebekah T.
2013 Hyundai Accent
12/02/2016 Category: Service
Very disappointed
I was charged $70 just for examining my car door handle and was never apprised of the cost when making the appointment or dropping off the car.
Dawn K. from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 12/06/2016

Rebekah, Thank you so much for taking the time to speak to Neal the Service manager. We appreciate your business and hope that we have rectified any issues that you may have experienced. You are a valued customer and we would like to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. We appreciate your feedback.

Suzanne S.
2012 Hyundai Accent
10/11/2016 Category: Service
Horrible customer service
No return phone calls or updates as promised.
Dawn K. from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 10/11/2016

Suzanne, I am so sorry to hear that your service experience was less then satisfactory. I have spoken to the service manager , Neil, and he will be in touch with you. You are a valued customer and we would like the opportunity to discuss this matter with you.

Sybil S.
Rocky Mount, NC
2012 Hyundai Equus
09/20/2016 Category: Service
When they promise to make it right, they mean it
I had to have repairs re-evaluated because I was originally not satisfied. Believe me when I say that Cameron was ON IT. They went above and beyond making good on promises and restoring my faith in their dedication to customer support. Thanks Dawn and big kudos to Cameron. You guys are awesome and my Equus loves you both.

09/20/2016 Category: Service
It's the closest dealership to service my car
I can't. Getting a straight answer is sometimes impossible.
Dawn K. from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 09/21/2016

Sybil, Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for the less than satisfactory visit you experienced. You are a valued customer and we will use your feedback to work on these issues you have mentioned in order to improve on our service.

Tambra M.
Snow Hill, NC
2014 Hyundai Elantra
09/17/2016 Category: Service
Unpleased.
If you are looking for fast, dependable, organized service.. this is not the place for you.
Dawn K. from Joe Pecheles Hyundai responded on 09/19/2016

Tambra, We are so sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory service visit. I will be passing this along to management and someone will be in contact with you shortly. You are a valued customer and we would like a chance to speak to you regarding this issue. Thank you for the feedback.