RICHARD H.
Toyota Avalon
04/02/2018
Customer waiting area smelled like smoke
The work was great as always. However, for the first time ever the the reception area smelled like smoke.
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 04/02/2018

Richard,

Thanks so much for your business. I think you may have smelled some incense that I was trying to use to cover up a bad fuel smell this afternoon from a car in the garage. Smoking is not allowed in the office. I do apologize if it made your visit uncomfortable.

Jim H.
Kansas City, KS
Chevrolet S10 Pickup
02/14/2017 Category: Service
Jim said the business was fine, but they were expensive.

DEBBI C.
Lenexa, KS
Chevrolet Chevy Express
09/10/2016
Better communication
Your service to my van is good as always, its why i return time after time. Everyone is very nice and accomadating. Last time i was told i needed a filter o2? I was told it would be about 200.00. I told them then if it holds out i will replace it when i come back for the next oil change. There was some confusion about co2 or the o2 filter needed replaced when we were all on the same page. I was told the test would be 104.00 and i said fine. That was done and i guess both o2's had to be changed but price wasnt discussed. I was surprised at the 600.00 bill. Yes it needed done but a heads up would have been appreciated. I will still come back but better conversation on prices need to take place. Thank you
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 09/12/2016

I am sorry to hear your review Debbie. Obviously the communication was an issue here. I called and left a message. Please give me a call when you have a few minutes to talk about it.

TO
Timothy And Sandy O.
Honda Accord
06/21/2016 Category: Service
Sandy said the service was provided to her sons vehicle and feel like he was talked into a very expensive maintenance. The vehicle has not really been causing any problems, it was just a timing belt and it was time for it to be redone. He is a young man with first vehicle repairs ever and it cost him $2300 when he was done. She said maybe if it was an experiencing person with vehicles, they would have not done that.
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 06/23/2016

Sandy, I am very sorry that you feel this way. Our recommendation along with the industry standard for this timing belt replacement is every 105,000 miles. At nearly 140,000 miles on the car it was past due by over 30,000 miles. The timing belt replacement is expensive, but the damage that can be done when a timing belt breaks is far more expensive and sometimes can even be so expensive that the car is not worth fixing. With proper maintenance this Honda should run several hundred thousand miles more which will save much more money in the long run. The car would not start so the starter had to be replaced, the spark plugs were overdue for replacement so a tune up was done, a broken motor mount was replaced, the coolant serviced, and an oil and oil filter service performed. These are all very typical repairs for the age and mileage on this Honda. Our service writer provided estimates for each item individually as well as all together with tax total. That is our policy. When I interviewed our service writer he said he would of recommended these services to every customer alike, even one of his own family members. I did catch a mistake in reviewing the invoice that there was an honest error on the labor charge as the charge was for a 4 cylinder engine and your Honda is a V6 which should have been less. I have offered a full credit or refund for that error along with our sincere apology. I pride this business and our employees on providing honest service and recommendations to all of our customers, no matter age, race, or gender. If I ever found proof that this was happening that person would be terminated immediately. Obviously we must have not done a good enough job communicating all of this to your son and for that I am deeply sorry. If you would like to have any further discussions please contact me any time. You and all of your family are very important to me. I thank you for your honest review and comments so that this came to my attention and we are able to address it.

Sincerely,

04/05/2016
The friend-est place
Need to work on details
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 04/05/2016

Ernie informed me of the problems yesterday. You are absolutely correct on the detail. I apologize for the inconvenience and assure you this will make a fantastic topic for our shop discussion. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and as always I appreciate you!

DJ
Dan J.
Olathe, KS
03/15/2016 Category: Service
Dan said he was happy with the service but not happy with the price.
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 03/31/2016

Thanks Dan for your review! I understand that alignments on a 50 year old vehicle can be expensive. We did discuss the price prior to doing it and we only charged for half of the time we spent on it. We are glad it was able to come together!

Camilla S.
Pontiac Sunfire
02/18/2015 Category: Service
Camilla said this business was a bit too expensive but overall it was a good experience.
Alan H. from Joco Auto Repair responded on 02/24/2015
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you and your opinion!!!!!