4.6

Overall Rating 4.8684203/5Overall Rating 4.8684203/5Overall Rating 4.8684203/5Overall Rating 4.8684203/5rating 4.8684203
Overall Rating 2.34211/5Overall Rating 2.34211/5rating 2.34211rating 2.34211rating 2.34211

Redford, MI
2019 Hyundai Sonata
10/15/2019 Category: Service
7500 mile service
The service representative took time to review my services when I had an issue with billing and provided his business card for future scheduling.

10/15/2019 Category: Service
Prices online are not honored at dealership
This dealership has different prices than it’s online booking.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 10/16/2019

I'm sorry youre recent visit was less than 5 stars.  Please call me at your earliest convenience to discuss the situation.

313-996-6252 direct

AP
Akshaya P.
05/06/2019 Category: Service
Gave car for engine oil change. Very poor service and in fact reduced the cooling capacity of my air conditioner.
I had given my car for an engine oil change for more than 1 hour 45 mins I guess. The air conditioner was all fine before the car was handed over for servicing but the technician or someone intentionally messed with it so that it's cooling capabilities reduce. Now the cooling capacity of the air conditioner immediately after the servicing has reduced drastically.

Can you please answer me why did this happen?
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 05/07/2019

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that your recent service was less than 5 stars.

Please call me directly when convenient to discuss what happened.

Thanks,

Livonia, MI
11/20/2018 Category: Service
Service your car here with caution
Ask for the free inspection first before agreeing to any repairs or maintenance that way you won't spend extra money if you don't have to. Also hope that who ever is doing the inspection is doing it right. One visit everything is fine next visit car is falling apart. Who is telling the truth ?
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 11/23/2018

I'm sorry to hear that your recent visit was less than 5 stars.

Mahmoud H.

Wyandotte, MI
2007 Hyundai Azera
09/13/2018 Category: Service
Not so great
Ten days, Ten, to replace an ABS sensor is unheard of. Learned my lesson......never again!
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 09/18/2018

LG
Latisha G.
2008 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/08/2018 Category: Service
Customer service
I had issues that were not addressed.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 09/10/2018

I'm sorry to hear that your recent visit was less than 5 stars.

Please call me at your earliest convenience if you would like to discuss.

PS
Prasd S.
Canton, MI
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
09/04/2018 Category: Service
Poor communication
I hate this service and the Hyundai company. I t took 7 weeks to fix a problem. I was on rental car on week by week. No ETA and no communication
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 09/04/2018

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that your service was less than 5 stars.  Please call me at your earliest convenience so I can understand what happened.

Sincerely,

Luis M.
08/07/2018 Category: Service
Our Service Experience
Appreciate the concern for customer satisfaction and top rate service.

08/07/2018 Category: Service
Service not satisfactory.
Didn't have a good experience the last visit for maintenance.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 08/08/2018

I'm sorry to hear that your service was less than 5 stars.

CN
Christopher N.
Plymouth, MI
2005 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/17/2018 Category: Service
LaFontaine thief's robbers and bandits all in one
Rip off artists thief's Bandits and Crooks tried to charge me $600 for an $89 part tried to charge me $600 for $140 worth of Labor you guys really suck specially for being here in the Motor City. PS and wonder why I drive a Ford
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 07/26/2018

I'm sorry to hear that your recent service visit was less than 5 stars.

Please call me at your earliest convenience if you'd like to discuss your visit.  I am available from 7:30 am to 6pm.

Romulus, MI
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
07/03/2018 Category: Service
Horrible
Repairs are done but leave something else not put together causing other mechanical issues. Also always have damage to our car additional scratches dents etc...
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 07/09/2018

I'm sorry to hear that your recent service visit was less than 5 stars.

Please call me if you would like to discuss your visit; I would like to hear your concerns.

Thanks,

Sharon B.
Taylor, MI
04/24/2018 Category: Service
Scammers
Untrustworthy people
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 04/25/2018

Hi Sharan.

I'm sorry to hear that your recent visit was not 5 stars.  Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss your visit.

Maksymilian P.
Dearborn Heights, MI
2012 Hyundai Veloster
04/18/2018 Category: Service
Car not fixed the first time around
Car was “fixed” on 4/11 for check engine light problem. Today 4/18 it turned on again. I expect the dealership to fix problem at no additional cost or refund cost of repairs.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 04/20/2018

Sorry to hear that your service was less than 5 stars.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

TD
Tanya D.
Allen Park, MI
03/08/2018 Category: Service
Needs Work!
The best part was changing my appt time from 3pm to 12pm. The only good thing about that day coming in 3hrs earlier. They took my car back came back to get me a hour later saying i had rodent damage, was told they ate up a few wires. I told them to go ahead and do the work and was told 1-2 hours it would be done which would be between 2-3pm. Well 3pm rolls around i see him come in and he grabs another customer and tells me my car almost done. 4pm rolls around he's grabbing customers letting them know they're set and tells me again almost. Almost 6pm he tells me all set so I'm thinking I'm getting ready to go pay and get my car, he tells me we putting u into a loaner. Wait! What? I got there at 11: 40 am and it's almost 6pm maybe a little after 6pm and your telling me my car not done and i can get it Monday. I was so upset and irritated. Then you give me my car back Monday morning and the Engine still has rodent feces on it and i tell u about it and u use an air hose. For $400 out of my pocket and a wait all weekend for my car u couldn't clean my Engine? I took my car to a detailing place and got my engine cleaned for $25. This is one of the worst experiences I've had with y'all! My car is a brand new 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport! All i can say is between this experience and a couple days after i bought my car in September u gave me a patched tire now this experience happens. Y'all need to step your game up or else I'm gonna have to find a different Hyundai Dealership.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 03/09/2018

I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not 5 star.  I would like to speak with you and get any issues resolved.  Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Wayne, MI
02/19/2018 Category: Service
Lafontaine doesnt know basic
poor
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 02/19/2018

I'm sorry to hear that recent service visit was not 5 stars.

Please call me at 313-996-6252 to discuss

Ypsilanti, MI
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/19/2018 Category: Service
replace tires
took 45 days to get approval.
Debi S., Guest Relations Manager from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 01/20/2018

I am very sorry to hear that your experience in our
service department was lesss than satisfactory.
At LaFontaine we try to personalize each customer experience and exceed their expectations.
I attempted to look you up in our sysytem so that I could discuss your experience further, but found no phone number of your above name.
If you could please send me an e-mail with the best way and time I could reach you, we would truly appreiate the opportunity to grow from your experience.
dsharaf@lafontaine.com
313-996-6230

2016 Hyundai Genesis
01/02/2018 Category: Service
Quick action from Customer Experience- All Good
Debbie, Thank you for your quick response to my service experience this past weekend. I appreciate your help to resolve these issues now and for the future visits.

01/02/2018 Category: Service
GENESIS PRICES WITH TOYOTA SERVICE MODEL - WHAT?
If you’re looking to spend over $50k on a car and expect a service level that matches this segment...RUN!
Debi S., Guest Relations Manager from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 01/02/2018

Thank you for the review!
It was great talking to you this afternoon,
thank you for letting me resolve the concerns
you had from your last service visit.

Have a great day!

GK
Gwendolyn K.
10/18/2017 Category: Service
Like dealership, but service has to be better.
See previous comments.
Debi S., Guest Relations Manager from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 10/19/2017

THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEW!
IT WAS GREAT TALKING TO YOU THIS MORNING.
WE WILL TRY TO EARN A 5 STAR REVIEW
ON YOU NEXT SERVICE VSIT.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

RZ
Ralph Z.
Westland, MI
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/01/2017 Category: Service
follow up and heart felt concern that the problems be heard and corrected.
debi s gets a five star review in my book. I was treated very fairly. she is a real asset to your team!

09/01/2017 Category: Service
bad communication
maybe, they seem friendly
Debi S., Guest Relations Manager from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 09/08/2017

Thank you for the review!
It was great talking to you this morning.
I do apologize for the miscommunication from you
adviser.And that you did not receive the best customer satisfaction during your last service visit. That is my goal to make sure every guest is given the best customer service.
Once again please accept our apology.
Have a GREAT Weekend!
Debi Sharaf, Guest Relations Manager

Thank you for the GREAT REVIEW!!
Thank you for your business!!
See you on your next service visit.

2012 Hyundai Elantra
05/18/2017 Category: Service
Condescending service manager
Never again. I was literally shaking I was so upset.
Debi S., Guest Relations Manager from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 05/18/2017

Thank you for the review!! I just tried to give you a call so that we can discuss your recent service visit. I left you a voice mail. Please give me a call at 313-996-6230.

Debabrata B.
2006 Hyundai Sonata
04/10/2017 Category: Service
Trying to accommodate and do their best
They called me and Informed that they are going to perform an inspection of the car and going replace the faulty tire. They have also promised to ensure better experience in my next visit. Now I feel like they care about the customers. I know It would have been better experience if Shawn were there on that day, unfortunately he was out.

04/10/2017 Category: Service
My recent service experience was poor and horrible
My recent service experience was poor because of
1. There was no transparency on what the problem was and how they fixed it. Rather they have not shared the information intentionally. They said they are replacing the Yaw Rate Sensor for the ESC light problem and they quote $990. But after that also the problem was not solved. Finally, they did some small ticks to fix the issue may be tire pressure was low which was causing the ESC light. The did not realized this initially and replaced the Yaw Rate sensor which is expensive and I had to pay $990 for only a tire pressure issue.
2. Lac of experience in diagnosis the problem.
3. While servicing the car they broke 2-3 body parts, however they have replaced those at their own cost. But I am not sure what else they have messed. I doubt the knowledge and experience of the technician due to all these. If this has happened by mistake but no body informed me the truth about what was the real problem and why the problem was not fixed on the first place after replacing the Yaw rate sensor.
4. Careless and no drive ability examination done prior to handover the vehicle.
5. Lac of expertise and experience in handling unexpected situations. After they hand over the car, I had to return the car back as the original problem was not solved and they introduced ABS light and burning smell from the front wheel, the car was not in drive able condition. I had to drop the car immediately and they took another 3 days to realize the real issue which was a bad tire pressure or flat tire and not a Yaw Rate sensor issue. They did not arrange a substitute vehicle for these 3 days. Which was an inconvenience for me.
Debi S., Guest Relations Manager from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 04/11/2017

Thank you for the review! I know that you have talked to Shawn our Service Manager. Our commitment to value our customers is our top priorty. Thank you for your business! See you on your next service visit.

Debi Sharaf, Guest Relations Manager.

Debi S., Guest Relations Manager from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 04/14/2017

Thank you for your understanding and taking the time to rescore your service experience. We do apologize for your last service experience. Thank you again and we will see you on your next service visit.

Debi Sharaf, Guest Relations Manager.