4.6

KW
Kenneth W.
01/23/2020 Category: Service
Service Advisor
Service Advisor Ergys Gjini provided me with excellent service when I met with him. He clearly explained what was going to be done with my car and I greatly appreciated him not trying to sell me products or services that I did not need. I will definitely request to see him when I bring my car back for future service.

01/23/2020 Category: Service
Customer Lounge Needs Attention and High Cost of Recommended Repairs
The dealership is obviously cutting back on amenities in the customer lounge. There used to be both complimentary newspapers and donuts for customers. Even though several employees walked by the TV was not turned on in the lounge for approximately 1 1/2 hours after the service department opened. At least there was coffee.

In addition, I was amazed at the high cost of recommended service. I brought my car in for an oil change. While I was not surprised to learn that I needed new brake pads and resurfacing the rotors I was shocked that the estimate of $760 for both front and back brakes. I took my car to a large tire chain and had the same service done plus flushing and replacing the brake fluid and paid $285 less. If the service department examined their price structure they might get more business and then be able to restore the amenities removed from the lounge.

While I do recommend Hyundai vehicles (I am on my 2nd Sonata both purchased from LaFontaine) I have a very difficult time recommending LaFontaine, which is a shame as I live only approximately 1 mile from the dealership. I sincerely doubt I will be back for service once my warranty expires later this year.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 01/23/2020

I'm sorry that your recent service was less than 5 stars.

Thank you for rescoring for Ergys Gjini.

2008 Hyundai Accent
11/25/2019 Category: Service
diagnosis shouldn't be that expensive
diagnosis shouldn't be that expensive

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
08/23/2019 Category: Service
Friendly staff!!
The shop is costly, I honestly could go elsewhere, but I like how clean and friendly the staff are, especially when I bring my little chihuahua and that's priceless!
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 08/28/2019

I'm sorry to hear that your recent visit was less than 5 stars.

Please call me at your earliest convenience to discuss.

Brian M.
Canton, MI
07/04/2019 Category: Service
Service tech was great, my concern is with Hunufai
I am submitting a new review, as the previous one was directed more at Hyundai rather than Irgys, my service advisor. Irgys was great. He was transparent and courteous to me during the whole service process. The customer service he provided was very good and is worthy of a five star rating.

07/04/2019 Category: Service
3600 miles only - check engine light
I’m hoping that this repair is the last for a while. I have a new car that only has 3600 miles on it and I had to bring it in twice for the same engine code. I’m hoping this second visit will be the last for a long long time.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 07/05/2019

I'm sorry to hear your last service visiti with us was less than 5 stars.

Westland, MI
05/10/2019 Category: Service
Hassle
Didnt follow through on promise to pay for rental car, they had my car for a week and a half.

PC
Patricia C.
04/30/2019 Category: Service
recall
none
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 05/07/2019

I'm sorry to hear that your recent service was less than 5 stars.

Please call me directly when convenient to discuss what happened.

Thanks,

VK
Venkat Reddy K.
03/26/2019 Category: Service
Good customer and car service

Broke down
I had the recall scheduled but next day my car broke down completely, it is showing Engine light, EPS, Battery and Oil change light and the car stopped all of sudden on highway.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 03/27/2019

I'm sorry to hear that your recent visit was less than 5 stars.

Please call me at your earliest convenience to discuss what happened.

Belleville, MI
great service
quick service. Friendly management.

Location
I was satisfied with previous experience but this time i am disappointed.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 03/27/2019

I'm sorry to hear that your recent visit was less than 5 stars.

Please call me if you would like to discuss what happened.

GP
George P.
Woodhaven, MI
03/16/2019 Category: Service
Blame the weather
Gas mileage dropped from 32 mpg to 27mpg and now stands at 19 mpg. Was told could not find anything wrong. Blamed it on weather. That is very hard to believe. Was not charged anything so cant complain about cost of service.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 03/20/2019

I'm sorry to hear that your recent service was less than 5 stars.

Please call me if you would like to discuss what happened.

Dearborn Heights, MI
03/12/2019 Category: Service
Routine maintenance
Close to where I live to get dealership maintenance done. Nothing spectacular.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 03/13/2019

I'm sorry to hear that your recent service visit was less than 5 stars.

Please call me if you would like to discuss what happened

Marcia D.
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
02/14/2019 Category: Service
Given Rental Car
I was contacted this morning for getting my recall parts done and have been informed that I will be given a rental car now.

02/14/2019 Category: Service
Do Better
They don't provide free rental cars for recall work needing to be done. I have a typical work schedule and shouldn't have to change it based on the hours that you're available.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 02/18/2019

I'm sorry to hear that your recent service visit was less than 5 stars.

Please call me anytime to discuss what happened.

02/12/2019 Category: Service
Subpar This Time around
I made an appointment for an oil change, and even with the appointment I had to wait for someone to get my service started. Once service was started everything moved along fine. But the other portion of the issue stems from the amount of recalls on this vehicle and the fact that appointments to service recalls are not offered on the weekend, leaving me to take time off work since the shuttle does not go as far as I need it to. This car has had at least one recall per year each year I've had it; I had my Honda for 10 years and it had 1 recall. I've been a customer of LaFontaine since 2004, but will will not be Hyundai customer moving forward. Don't make or sell the cars if they will not operate correctly.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 02/12/2019

AP
Arnett P.
01/23/2019 Category: Service
There was a question about rattling, I was told the Tech couldn't duplicate it. Don't understand why they wouldn't ask me since I waited for the vehicle
The waiting room was comfortable, and the service took much less that the estimation.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 01/24/2019

I'm sorry to hear that your recent service was less than 5 stars.

Please call me at your earliest convenience to discuss.

313-561-6600

RA
Rochelle A.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/19/2019 Category: Service
My service representative was great, and I like coming to Lafontaine because of the great environment and amenities.

01/19/2019 Category: Service
Pleasant environment
This is a great place to have your vehicle serviced. The employees are friendly and professional. The environment is clean and decorated nicely. The amenities make it nice too. There was a customer talking extremely loud in the waiting area and that was uncomfortable. But, I assume the manager thought it would end on its own rather than take a chance on offending the customer. Actually, if he made one more call, I was going to say something to him myself. My service was also delayed by a recall. But, my service agent was very pleasant and helpful.
PRASHANTA N. from LaFontaine Hyundai responded on 01/21/2019