RICHARD S.
West Swanzey, NH
Acura ILX
08/07/2019
terrible advice foor my 2002 blazzer - spent $308.00 only to be told it would cost another $3000 to pass inspection
got very bad advice - would not recommend this place to anyone.

Honda Civic Cpe
07/13/2019
find and repair cause of slow tire air leak
mechanic found cause of of slow tire leak - wheel was corroded in spots- and addressed issue Tire seems to be ok now
Ben R. from Leon's & J&L responded on 07/18/2019

Hi, Thank you for choosing Leon's.  Not sure why the low score?

Joe C.
Ashuelot, NH
12/31/2018
Very bad
I recently moved to New Hampshire from Massachusetts. And needed to get an inspection sticker for New Hampshire. My vehicle passed in Massachusetts 5 months prior. Leon,s told me it needs front lower ball joints $387 rear brakes and rotors $129 a license plate light cover $50 for the part and $43 for labor. REALLY??? They have this $20 deal for inspection sticker and then take you over the coals. My Massachusetts sticker had 7 months left on it. And all those problems in 5 months. Don’t go there for inspections because they will find something wrong. SCAMMED.
Ben R. from Leon's & J&L responded on 01/03/2019

Hi Joe,

Yes we performed a New hampshire state inspection.  Please keep in mind that the rules for Massachusetts do not apply in NH.   If you would like to see the items in question we will gladly put the vehicle on a lift free of charge and have the technician show you everything.  We can also print a copy of the NH state inspection regulations that pertain to your vehicle if you like.

Joe C.
Ashuelot, NH
12/31/2018
Stay away
I just moved to New Hampshire from Massachusetts and went here to get my truck inspected. 2012 Nissan Frontier. And had gotten a Massachusetts inspection sticker 5 months ago at a ford dealership. Passed no problem except had to get new tires. And this place here in Keene New Hampshire told me I need lower ball joints $387 rear brakes $129 and a license plate cover that’s been missing for over a year $50 don’t go there because it’s a gimmick and they will find something wrong with your vehicle.

PP
PAT,CHARLIE P.
Spofford, NH
12/06/2018
Disappointed
We were only issued a two month sticker because they coded a small evap leak
We were not told that we had to drive 200 miles before they would re-issue a sticker and the gentleman at the service desk was a little curt
And said that he did explain that to my husband when he did not
Secondly this is the first time I’ve ever had to come back and pay to get my inspection sticker after a decline
My husband has done a lot of business with David Philip’ Koski and we have been there a number of times to inspect and this was not a good experience so since you’re asking want you to know we were very disappointed and experience
Ben R. from Leon's & J&L responded on 01/03/2019

I'm Sorry that the information was not relayed to you.  I do apologize for any miss-communication between you and the service staff.

Sincerely,

Jeanette T.
Troy, NH
11/22/2018
took me for a ride
kept getting phone calls car needs a water pump- thermostat then a starter ect. final call was you need a new engine your bill is 1,600.00. I would assume any good mechanic should know when an engine needs to be replaced before charging 1,600. So now I am suppose to believe if I give them another 5,000.00 and trust they can actually fix my car. They left parts in my car so never even put it back together and best of all was the receptionist told me the reason this happened was one thing leads to another (keeping in mind I was on my way to work that AM when I pulled over and had it towed) I at least should have been told what happened this is a 1 owner car 2008 135K. After looking at the bill I discovered 1,18100.of the 1,600.00 alone was for labor 418. parts) On the first phone call we discussed that I also had a jeep which was going to cost 2,000.00 to fix and not sure I want to spend the money so maybe thinking if its a serious problem might be time to get a new car-because now I have 2 non working cars and paying to rent car. The only thing they helped me with is to make an already stressful situation worse because now I cant afford to fix my other car.
Ben R. from Leon's & J&L responded on 12/21/2018

Hello,
     I would like to clarify the chain of events that pertain to the service on your vehicle. To start with you had your vehicle towed to us because it wouldn't start. We diagnosed that the starter failed.  While the vehicle was on the lift we also noted that the water pump was leaking, the transmission lines were rusty, and someone had actually cut the front crossmember out and re-welded it back in.  When the service writer called you we explained that we would need to replace the starter first to make sure every thing else is ok.  You said to us " I need my vehicle so it has to be fixed, so just fix it". We repaired the items as discussed.  Then we started the vehicle.  It had a missfire on cylinder #5.  We did call you and explain this.  You Then asked us to diagnose the miss-fire.  We did that and found that the rocker had come out from under the cam shaft damaging both. This vehicle clearly had a miss-fire before the starter failed ( which you never mentioned to us) It was at that point you had the vehicle towed to another shop who confirmed our diagnosis.

In short ... we did everything you asked and kept you updated. these decisions were yours not ours. Happy holidays !

DAVID and EMILY G.
09/08/2018
What do we do now?
Ben,
When we brought this car into your shop mid July to diagnose the check engine light, we learned that there was a possible problem with the sensor in the transmission. The cost for fixing this ranged from approximately $900, up to $2000 plus.

In order to consider this repair, I asked John if the car could be inspected for any other issues in order to justify this repair. They performed a “multi point inspection”.... which we expected to
pay for, but we’re not charged. They found a few problems, none of which were deemed as immediately necessary repairs. (See report in your computer.)

We used that report, together with the fact that the check engine light never went on again, to keep the car and “wait and see” if the transmission became a problem again.From the report and a conversation with John, we felt somewhat confident that we could possibly have a year or two left with a low mileage (141700), “in town” car.

Today, I was shocked, 6 weeks and 500 miles later, that the car failed inspection and needs $2300 worth of repairs. (Again, see report.) I cannot understand why at least some of these issues weren’t apparent mid July! In retrospect, I feel that the somewhat positive overall assessment in July (you even suggested we should opt for the best $2000 transmission fix) was slanted toward repairing the transmission then .... either that or the person making the multi point inspection was careless.

Since this is my car, I am especially upset, feel misled and am disappointed in your service. What we were trying to avoid, throwing good money after bad, has happened.
Ben R. from Leon's & J&L responded on 09/14/2018

Hi Emily,
     I'm glad you came in to speak with me on Monday the 10th.  I'm sorry you misunderstood what we found wrong with your vehicle during the previous visit.

In addition to the transmission issue; we had also found, noted, and discussed with you back in July that your vehicle is missing a right side exhaust manifold stud, the right hand front control arm bushing is torn, the coolant tubes are very rusty, and the rear suspension is EXTREMLY rusty, there is also evidence of a mouse infestation.

Again I'm glad you came in so I could go over this with you. We appreciate your business and I'm pleased we were able to straightened this misunderstanding out.

TD
Tammy D.
Stoddard, NH
05/19/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Kevin. He said he had the worst service experience he's had in his life.

GF
GIA F.
02/15/2018
Not a very friendly person working your desk...
I made an appointment...was on time...and told it would take 2 hours to do an oil change and a state inspection...which is advertised on your sign that "state" inspections are 19.99 ...that is false advertising....then I was told that my car uses a synthetic oil which was news to me....but what ever...that's fine...then they did not have a wiper blade for my very common ford escape....the rude guy at the desk said that they would not pass my car as the wiper blade did not clear the window...which was not true...but that's fine...no big deal....then I had to go get my own wiper blade as It was a Saturday and that's a tough day ???... whatever....I probably wont go back for anything.....but it was a learning experience....
Ben R. from Leon's & J&L responded on 02/16/2018

Hi Gia,

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me about your recent service visit.  I would like to assure you I spoke to the party involved and it will NOT happen again.  I greatly appreciate the input.  Without it I would not be able fix the problem.

Thank you and again my deepest apologies.

FM
FRANK M.
Pelham, NH
12/21/2017
My repairs to my 2000 outback
Last visit was my last. I was quoted to fix my car 2,300, I havent touched it since,and my car still runs great.I guess i saved 2,300?? So i wont be going back there. I trusted them,but i lost my trust with them now
Ben R. from Leon's & J&L responded on 12/22/2017

Hi Frank,

I pulled the the hard copy from your last visit.  You requested  to check the valve adjustment because someone else replaced the headgaskets and you stated having a check engine lamp on.  At the time we road tested the vehicle, there was no check engine lamp on and no codes stored in memory.
     You also, asked us to check to see why it was starting hard at times.  We found that the starter was intermittently inop.
     The last thing you requested, was for us to do a state inspection.  We found that the brakes in the rear are at 2mm, the right front coil spring is broken and 1/2 of the rear gate lamps are inop. We also found the exhaust was leaking at the hanger on the mid pipe and the right cylinder head was missing an exhaust stud and nut ( which was done by someone else as you stated when car was dropped off).

And lastly Frank, we let you take the car while we were doing the estimate WITHOUT PAYING; which we never do.  We have left numerous messages trying to reach you about payment for the state inspection and diag of the starter.

Please feel free to call me If you'd like a more indepth explanation of your estimate.

Happy Holidays!

NS
NORBERT S.
West Dummerston, VT
Volvo XC70
05/29/2017
wrong diagnosis
I asked to tell me what needs to be done to bring car up to tip; told condition. Was road I need new radiator and air-condition work. Volvo told me the oil flow was blocked radiator was OK and to come back if and when air condition stops working.
Ben R. from Leon's & J&L responded on 05/31/2017

Hi Norbert,

Thank you for your feed back. After reading your review I think there is a miss-communication on what your vehicle needs now for repair and what can wait. If you recall we did more than one estimate for you. One was to quote what a competing shop said you needed, another was to fix everything your car needs, and the third  just to keep it going safely and without causing further damage.
If you would like to discuss this again please don't hesitate to contact us.

Again thank you,