AC
Alberta C.
02/09/2018
Disappointed
My daughter took her Honda in. Thought it maybe a water pump, had them do a diagnostic to be sure. Estimated cost about 250. Plus diagnostic payment.
Next day my daughter was told it was the radiator, cost would be around 500. Picked up the Honda. Paid the the diagnostic fee. Took the Honda to another place and will not even half the cost at Marshalls.
Most trusted mechanic in Redmond? I am truely disappointed.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 02/10/2018

I'm sorry that you were disappointed,  as we do strive for excellence. Actually though,  your daughter brought in her Hyundai, not a Honda,  and stated that her car needed a new thermostat,  not a water pump. We did,  at her request, after suggesting it, spend 45 minutes determining that the radiator was at fault, not the thermostat (or water pump). We did charge $49.00 for our time,  which did save her from spending $250.00 on the wrong repair. We did quote her $400.00 for a replacement radiator with a lifetime warranty. I'm happy that you found a different shop to complete the repair, and the lesser quality radiator should still last a while. As we give a lifetime warranty on parts,  with three years on labor, we do have to install parts of the highest quality. Thank you for at least allowing us to steer you away from spending money on the wrong repair.

Stevan S.
Mazda CX-7
06/23/2017 Category: Service
Stevan said he didn't like their service because they told him the estimate was going to be free and in the end they charged him $76 which disappointed him.

Jerry W.
06/22/2017 Category: Service
Jerry said the staff at this business did not let him know that his vehicle needed a fuel pump until he came back to them 3 or 4 days later. He will never go back to them again.

BLAKE M.
Chevrolet Suburban
10/23/2016
Excellent technicians.
Responsive, reliable and superb customer service.

KP
KATIE P.
Terrebonne, OR
08/28/2019
Problem
I appreciate how they've taken time to listen to my concerns and worked around my schedule. But when I had my alternator replaced, they either left or dropped one of the old bolts on the front of the new one; a spark was arcing over to it and fried the new alternator, and I had to have it replaced again a few weeks later (thankfully, at no charge).
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 08/29/2019

Katie,
    I'm sorry that you had an issue with your new alternator while you were out of town, and, as you now know, the NAPA Autocare warranty worked well - nationwide 2 year parts and labor warranty. New alternators do fail occasionally, I'm not sure what the replacement shop told you, but I'm not convinced that a "dropped bolt" would sit on top of a "replacement bolt" for two weeks, and then short out - that kind of sounds like a service advisor trying to make up a smart story - sorry that you had to deal with that.

02/27/2019
Car repairs
Customer service needs work

Mary B.
05/29/2017
I was having the same wiring trouble and they would not look at it before the holiday weekend.
I am greatly disappointed that Marshalls would not get my car in when I called Friday morning before the holiday. I was having the same issue as when they looked at it last September.

WB
Wyatt B.
Lexus LX 470
04/15/2017 Category: Service
Wyatt said this business was not able to repair his vehicle.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 04/24/2017

After speaking with Wyatt, we determined that a bit was "lost in translation" between himself & the telephone reviewer. We did fix the leaking power steering rack & pinion that Wyatt brought the vehicle in for. Wyatt mentioned an intermittent issue with the oil pressure gauge. We discussed that the problem is likely either the gauge in the dash (expensive & time consuming sending the instrument cluster off for repair), or the electrical sending unit on the engine (quick & relatatively inexpensive). The decision was made to install a sending unit & hope that the issue is solved.  That did not fix the problem, and Wyatt told the reviewer that he wished that it would have, as it is very inconvenient to return the vehicle to the shop, & have the instrument cluster removed and sent out for repair.

Scott C.
04/16/2016 Category: Service
Scott said this business is extorting people by charging more money for the service than the service is worth. He said there are a lot of reputable facilities around his town who charge less.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 04/20/2016
This is unfortunate. This fellow came in, acting extremely troubled, complaining that "everyone in this town is crazy, in Utah, the prices are half of here". We had not quoted him a price for any repairs. He was concerned that the steering on his Toyoata pickup felt different after his pickup "was rear ended by a motorhome". We agreed to check out the steering. Inspection found nothing wrong with the steering, and the only damage to the rear of the vehicle was a bent license plate. He then stated that he could replace the clutch himself, if his leg was not broken. We had not discussed or noticed any issues with the clutch on his pickup. We did not charge him for the inspection, he thanked us, and left.

LE
Lea E.
Pontiac Grand Prix
10/29/2018 Category: Service
Lea said when she called, she was quoted $37 for an oil change, then they made it $47 when she was at the facility. Then, the vehicle wasn't returned to her until the following day. She suggested that the business shouldn't schedule things if they are too busy to get to them. The quality of work was good, but she wouldn't recommend them, due to the delay.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 10/31/2018

Lea, Thanks for taking the time to review our business. I do feel the need to respond, in order to keep things factual. The oil change service on your invoice was $38.61 - $1.61 more than the phone estimate. You scheduled the vehicle in for an oil change service & look into why the check engine light was on. We had that time alotted. When your father brought the vehicle in, he "added" "check the inoperable heater fan motor, check the abs/traction control light on, install the spark plugs that are laying on the seat. After moving the vehicle in the parking lot, I added "check bad clunk when shifted into reverse & a general "free" safety inspection, due to the overall condition of the car. We diagnosed the inop blower motor, the abs light, the clunk, and the check engine light. We replaced the air filter as it was very dirty. We did not install the spark plug "wires", as they ended up being, or repair anything, as after discussing the various issues that the vehicle has. and the overall condition of the vehicle with your father, it was decided that a better course of action would be for you to buy a different vehcile. Perhaps better communication on our part about when a vehicle might be ready, after the additional work is added would be appropriate. Thank you for the compliment on the quality of our work.

TC
Travis C.
03/24/2017 Category: Service
Travis said the service was pretty good but he felt they were trying to charge him for services he didn't ask for.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 03/27/2017

Travis,
   Thank you for bringing your car to our shop, and thank you for responding to our review request. I am a little confused on your comment though, as you asked us to do an inspection on your Honda, to let you know what repairs are needed, and that you do all of your own repairs. We performed the inspection, at the agreed on price (when you made the appointment) of $65.00. We listed all needed repairs, but did not do any estimates for the repairs, nor did we "try to charge you for any other services", as you had stated that you do your own repairs. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

CG
CHUCK G.
Powell Butte, OR
Dodge Dakota
12/05/2016
2003 Dodge Dakota Radiator Hose and Alternator replacement.
I have always been super impressed with your customer service and the way you have treated me when I come in. I can say that I love everything about your shop except your pricing system. I had an upper radiator hose and and an alternator replaced. I was charged $280 for labor and that seems fair to me except about 1/3 of that cost was to get the "check engine light" to go off. That does not seem fair and I certainly would have declined that repair had I known the price. You charged me $246 for a remanufactured alternator. I went online and found several for under $100 and new ones were just over that price. I am not happy with a price over 100% markup on parts but I suppose I can live with it (not happily but...). I am disappointed in the price I was charged for an Upper radiator hose. At O'Reilly Autoparts, an upper hose costs $17. You charged me $111. Part of that was coolant but it still seems like I was overcharged for that hose. You wanted my feedback. My feedback is I love your business but your pricing may someday drive me elsewhere. I can't recommend you to friends if I think your pricing is unfair.

JN
JIM N.
08/13/2016
close to where I live.
Transmission service was done well, I am disappointed with the
air condition service as they could not find out where the leak was after ai had spent $100.00 to get it charged up.

DJ
Dylan J.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
06/14/2016 Category: Service
Dylan said the communication from the business could be better. The service provided by them was wonderful.

NE
NEIL E.
Mazda MX-5 Miata
07/10/2019
You did what I requested of you, and got the car running again. Your prompt attention and friendly manner has given me confidence in your service, and I will not hesitate to return when the need arises. Thank you.

DAVID B.
Nissan Murano
02/06/2019
Car seat repair
I had a problem with my front driver's seat on my 2007 Nissan Murano. Came in ,talked to Lance. And the next day, the seat was repaired.
Can't say enough of the service I get from Marshall's !!

Leanne M.
12/20/2018 Category: Service
Leanne said the business was recommended to her by her brother. She said whenever her vehicle will need help, she'll take it over to the business for service.

11/16/2018
Great Work!
They do Great Work and let you decide on whether you want the repairs. They keep you in the loop and communicate the cost up front which is very helpful.

JEFF R.
11/08/2018
Great home town service
My second visit to this business and I’m still a believer. The service is friendly, prompt and professional. However, I would have preferred to be contacted immediately when they discovered additional work needed on my vehicle. If they had, perhaps I could have authorized the work be done right then and save myself a return trip.

Darla M.
Dodge Ram Wagon
09/13/2018 Category: Service
Darla said there was one little thing that didn't get done. The employees were very pleasant.