LE
Lea E.
Oregon
Pontiac Grand Prix
10/29/2018 Category: Service
Lea said when she called, she was quoted $37 for an oil change, then they made it $47 when she was at the facility. Then, the vehicle wasn't returned to her until the following day. She suggested that the business shouldn't schedule things if they are too busy to get to them. The quality of work was good, but she wouldn't recommend them, due to the delay.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 10/31/2018

Lea, Thanks for taking the time to review our business. I do feel the need to respond, in order to keep things factual. The oil change service on your invoice was $38.61 - $1.61 more than the phone estimate. You scheduled the vehicle in for an oil change service & look into why the check engine light was on. We had that time alotted. When your father brought the vehicle in, he "added" "check the inoperable heater fan motor, check the abs/traction control light on, install the spark plugs that are laying on the seat. After moving the vehicle in the parking lot, I added "check bad clunk when shifted into reverse & a general "free" safety inspection, due to the overall condition of the car. We diagnosed the inop blower motor, the abs light, the clunk, and the check engine light. We replaced the air filter as it was very dirty. We did not install the spark plug "wires", as they ended up being, or repair anything, as after discussing the various issues that the vehicle has. and the overall condition of the vehicle with your father, it was decided that a better course of action would be for you to buy a different vehcile. Perhaps better communication on our part about when a vehicle might be ready, after the additional work is added would be appropriate. Thank you for the compliment on the quality of our work.

TC
Travis C.
Oregon
03/24/2017 Category: Service
Travis said the service was pretty good but he felt they were trying to charge him for services he didn't ask for.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 03/27/2017

Travis,
   Thank you for bringing your car to our shop, and thank you for responding to our review request. I am a little confused on your comment though, as you asked us to do an inspection on your Honda, to let you know what repairs are needed, and that you do all of your own repairs. We performed the inspection, at the agreed on price (when you made the appointment) of $65.00. We listed all needed repairs, but did not do any estimates for the repairs, nor did we "try to charge you for any other services", as you had stated that you do your own repairs. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

CG
CHUCK G.
Powell Butte, OR
Dodge Dakota
12/05/2016
2003 Dodge Dakota Radiator Hose and Alternator replacement.
I have always been super impressed with your customer service and the way you have treated me when I come in. I can say that I love everything about your shop except your pricing system. I had an upper radiator hose and and an alternator replaced. I was charged $280 for labor and that seems fair to me except about 1/3 of that cost was to get the "check engine light" to go off. That does not seem fair and I certainly would have declined that repair had I known the price. You charged me $246 for a remanufactured alternator. I went online and found several for under $100 and new ones were just over that price. I am not happy with a price over 100% markup on parts but I suppose I can live with it (not happily but...). I am disappointed in the price I was charged for an Upper radiator hose. At O'Reilly Autoparts, an upper hose costs $17. You charged me $111. Part of that was coolant but it still seems like I was overcharged for that hose. You wanted my feedback. My feedback is I love your business but your pricing may someday drive me elsewhere. I can't recommend you to friends if I think your pricing is unfair.

JN
JIM N.
Redmond, OR
08/13/2016
close to where I live.
Transmission service was done well, I am disappointed with the
air condition service as they could not find out where the leak was after ai had spent $100.00 to get it charged up.

DJ
Dylan J.
Redmond, OR
Chrysler PT Cruiser
06/14/2016 Category: Service
Dylan said the communication from the business could be better. The service provided by them was wonderful.