KP
KATIE P.
Terrebonne, OR
08/28/2019
Problem
I appreciate how they've taken time to listen to my concerns and worked around my schedule. But when I had my alternator replaced, they either left or dropped one of the old bolts on the front of the new one; a spark was arcing over to it and fried the new alternator, and I had to have it replaced again a few weeks later (thankfully, at no charge).
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 08/29/2019

Katie,
    I'm sorry that you had an issue with your new alternator while you were out of town, and, as you now know, the NAPA Autocare warranty worked well - nationwide 2 year parts and labor warranty. New alternators do fail occasionally, I'm not sure what the replacement shop told you, but I'm not convinced that a "dropped bolt" would sit on top of a "replacement bolt" for two weeks, and then short out - that kind of sounds like a service advisor trying to make up a smart story - sorry that you had to deal with that.

Redmond, OR
02/27/2019
Car repairs
Customer service needs work

Mary B.
Redmond, OR
05/29/2017
I was having the same wiring trouble and they would not look at it before the holiday weekend.
I am greatly disappointed that Marshalls would not get my car in when I called Friday morning before the holiday. I was having the same issue as when they looked at it last September.

WB
Wyatt B.
Oregon
Lexus LX 470
04/15/2017 Category: Service
Wyatt said this business was not able to repair his vehicle.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 04/24/2017

After speaking with Wyatt, we determined that a bit was "lost in translation" between himself & the telephone reviewer. We did fix the leaking power steering rack & pinion that Wyatt brought the vehicle in for. Wyatt mentioned an intermittent issue with the oil pressure gauge. We discussed that the problem is likely either the gauge in the dash (expensive & time consuming sending the instrument cluster off for repair), or the electrical sending unit on the engine (quick & relatatively inexpensive). The decision was made to install a sending unit & hope that the issue is solved.  That did not fix the problem, and Wyatt told the reviewer that he wished that it would have, as it is very inconvenient to return the vehicle to the shop, & have the instrument cluster removed and sent out for repair.

Scott C.
Oregon
04/16/2016 Category: Service
Scott said this business is extorting people by charging more money for the service than the service is worth. He said there are a lot of reputable facilities around his town who charge less.
LANCE H., Owner from Marshall's Automotive responded on 04/20/2016
This is unfortunate. This fellow came in, acting extremely troubled, complaining that "everyone in this town is crazy, in Utah, the prices are half of here". We had not quoted him a price for any repairs. He was concerned that the steering on his Toyoata pickup felt different after his pickup "was rear ended by a motorhome". We agreed to check out the steering. Inspection found nothing wrong with the steering, and the only damage to the rear of the vehicle was a bent license plate. He then stated that he could replace the clutch himself, if his leg was not broken. We had not discussed or noticed any issues with the clutch on his pickup. We did not charge him for the inspection, he thanked us, and left.