Overall Rating 1.75/5rating 1.75rating 1.75rating 1.75rating 1.75

Continue reading recommended reviews

ES
Eric S.
06/09/2018
Beware these are the mechanics you hear stories about!
I came to this repair facility, and as stated on the door and the counter, I did not expect any work for free. The sign out front indicted transmissions were available with a 3 year warranty. Feeling this place would know about transmissions I stopped in.

My car, A Jaguar S-Type was acting like the transmission fluid was low, and threw a code that indicated a problem with 5th gear. A typical problem with low transmission fluid on this vehicle. They charged me $45.00 for a "Diagnostic" where they reported the fluid level and quality was good, and I would need to see a transmission specialist.

I was led to believe they were familiar with transmissions. They urged me to visit their "Sister transmission shop" and because I paid them for a diagnostic they would check it for free. I arrived to find out checking the transmission was always free and would have to return on a later date.

Two days later I took the car to another mechanic, only to find out the transmission was THREE QUARTS LOW. Its not like it was close to full it was SEVERELY LOW. I paid them to fill the fluid, and the vehicle shifts and drives perfectly.

This is the first thing I asked this shop to check.

They ripped me off because they didn't check the fluid level obviously, and clearly didn't check anything else.

I have receipts from them as well as another shop to prove what I am saying is true.
Eddie D. from Master Tech Auto Electric Inc responded on 06/11/2018

Mr.Eric S I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with our service. We performed a "visual check" and quick scan on your vehicle to check fluid level and DTCs. No "full diagnostics" were performed for the simple fact that we are not transmission specialists. We can only check any and all "external" electrical components and systems, in which your vehicle showed none. Anything "inside" the transmission, we pass it forward to a transmission shop. Yes, we replace transmissions assemblies with warranty but we do not repair or rebuild transmissions. Your vehicle's fluid was checked and it was dtermined to be full, we also have paper work to prove that and there is no reason for us to lie to you. We would've glady sold you a few quarts or fluid to resolve your issue. We are glad your issue was resolved rather easily however, but if you felt we did you a diservice, you could've simply come by with that same paperwork and we would've given you a full refund. No need to go vent on social media. Just inform us of our mistake, and we will make it right. With that being said, we will await your visit, so we can work this out. Thank You.

ES