ES
Eric S.
10/07/2020 Category: Service
Eric said when he went to the repair. They disconnected a part and without it the vehicle wasn't able drive so he had to go to another business to have the vehicle repaired. He dosen't know if they knew or they didn't. He had that problem turn into other problems. He had to pay to fix it. He just wasn't satisfied.

08/28/2019
Car inspection
It’s too overpriced and the person in the front desk was very rude. Never going there again

WC
Wilson C.
09/07/2016
Honest
very professional and repair cost was under $50.

LA
Laquana A.
04/18/2016 Category: Service
Laquana said she had taken the vehicle in due to one problem, the business did tell her the problem was related to something else which was resolved. She had asked if the vehicle needed new brakes or pads and the response was no. Her concern now is her brake light is on and she will have to have an additional service done to resolve the concern at a different facility. She would not recommend as a result of the visit.

Rob W.
Hoboken, NJ
08/13/2015
Hoboken
I have been bringing my car from Hoboken to Midtown for a few years, but I have to stop - lately there have been too many little mistakes and oversights, too often. Actually the last one was a big mistake - oil cap was not put back on after oil change and and the plug also leaked after the job. I can't confirm that this was caused by the shop, but I can say that it had not leaked before the job. So all my all leaked out. A terribly shoddy job. I'm lucky I didn't burn out my engine. Previously I've had mistakes with tires and other minor things. Maybe okay if you're in Bayonne and can bring the car back easily, but hard for someone coming from out of town. Although the oil change is the most routine thing in the books, and the sloppiness with my last oil change makes me feel I can no longer trust them with bigger jobs. Sorry guys.

SR
Singaram R.
11/16/2014
Little pricey
Came to check upon my failed HID lights. They did an excellent diagnosis and within the day I got the call back with the problem detected with a melted fuse. But charged me with an hour of labor worth $90 for just changing the fuse. No bulbs were changed not even anything extra was done.
Vinny T. from Midtown Auto Repair responded on 11/17/2014

Dear Singaram,

I'm sorry I wasn't there when you picked up your car. I would have explained that there was more to that repair than simply replacing the fuse.
  That HID light system in your car is not factory installed. The burned fuse and melted holder we found was buried under the main fuse box in the engine bay; factory wiring diagrams (which we have access to) do not address locations of these kinds of installations. Once we found this fuse and it's holder, the entire holder had to be soldered into place and insulated. This fuse holder melted because it was never originally soldered.

I hope this explains the basis for our charges, and would like to repair your car in the future.

vinny

technicians decent prices

Joseph T.
Beachwood, NJ
04/20/2021 Category: Service
Joseph said they are very reliable, dependable and honest.

Irvington, NJ
04/16/2021
Check engine light
Vinny was so nice and honest with about my car and he suggest what he would do and price was very reasonable. I came all the way from irvington so vinny can check my Car. It was worth it he was fast and honest. Not like most mechanics out here. I will definitely recommend plenty of my friends to him .

Took my car for inspection service. Excellent service. Highly recommend

SZ
Sharon Z.
Millington, NJ
04/15/2021
What a relief, I love these guys!
Hadn't had my car serviced for a while and was hearing some noises. Expected to need something like a full brake job or something else with a hefty price tag. Nope, Vinny said, just oil and filter changes. I love these guys!

SK
Sueanne K.
Sueanne
I have been a customer of MIdtown Auto Repair for over 15 years. I couldn't imagine bringing my car anywhere else or servicing. I recommend them for anyone looking for a reliable honest car servicing center.

Jen S.
Chevrolet Cruze
Always Happy
I moved from Bayonne last year and I still continue to go to Midtown Auto Repair. Vinny is a pleasure and truly cares about his customers.

Christine C.
Honda HR-V
04/10/2021
Midtown Auto is the Best
I've been going to Midtown Auto for years and wouldn't take my car anywhere else. Highly recommended!!

Rich W.
04/09/2021
Always a pleasure!
Service is quick and reliable - we've been going to Vinnie for more than 30 years - that says it all