08/28/2019
Car inspection
It’s too overpriced and the person in the front desk was very rude. Never going there again

WC
Wilson C.
09/07/2016
Honest
very professional and repair cost was under $50.

LA
Laquana A.
04/18/2016 Category: Service
Laquana said she had taken the vehicle in due to one problem, the business did tell her the problem was related to something else which was resolved. She had asked if the vehicle needed new brakes or pads and the response was no. Her concern now is her brake light is on and she will have to have an additional service done to resolve the concern at a different facility. She would not recommend as a result of the visit.

Rob W.
Hoboken, NJ
08/13/2015
Hoboken
I have been bringing my car from Hoboken to Midtown for a few years, but I have to stop - lately there have been too many little mistakes and oversights, too often. Actually the last one was a big mistake - oil cap was not put back on after oil change and and the plug also leaked after the job. I can't confirm that this was caused by the shop, but I can say that it had not leaked before the job. So all my all leaked out. A terribly shoddy job. I'm lucky I didn't burn out my engine. Previously I've had mistakes with tires and other minor things. Maybe okay if you're in Bayonne and can bring the car back easily, but hard for someone coming from out of town. Although the oil change is the most routine thing in the books, and the sloppiness with my last oil change makes me feel I can no longer trust them with bigger jobs. Sorry guys.

SR
Singaram R.
11/16/2014
Little pricey
Came to check upon my failed HID lights. They did an excellent diagnosis and within the day I got the call back with the problem detected with a melted fuse. But charged me with an hour of labor worth $90 for just changing the fuse. No bulbs were changed not even anything extra was done.
Vinny T. from Midtown Auto Repair responded on 11/17/2014

Dear Singaram,

I'm sorry I wasn't there when you picked up your car. I would have explained that there was more to that repair than simply replacing the fuse.
  That HID light system in your car is not factory installed. The burned fuse and melted holder we found was buried under the main fuse box in the engine bay; factory wiring diagrams (which we have access to) do not address locations of these kinds of installations. Once we found this fuse and it's holder, the entire holder had to be soldered into place and insulated. This fuse holder melted because it was never originally soldered.

I hope this explains the basis for our charges, and would like to repair your car in the future.

vinny

AG
Ahab G.
Morganville, NJ
10/16/2020 Category: Service
Ahab said the business did a good job and was also very patient.

FW
Franklin W.
Volvo V50
10/15/2020
GREAT SHOP!
This is the best place in NJ to have your car inspected - year after year!

CT
Cynthia T.
10/14/2020
Oil change and car blinker bulb replacement
My husband and I have used them in the past good folks, knowledgeable and friendly.

Anna B.
10/08/2020 Category: Service
Spoke with Tom. He said they were very transparent about the fees, parts, time, they were very efficient, and on time when the vehicle was completed.

Jennett T.
10/08/2020 Category: Service
Jennett said employees were very knowledgeable, the business has compensative prices, and mechanics are timely in repairing the vehicle.

VC
Vincenza C.
Nissan Versa Note
09/26/2020
Excellent Service.
New customer. Came in for a maintenance check and oil change. This is a small personable auto shop. Service was quick, thorough, they checked all the fluids and didn't try to sell services that weren't needed. Very honest approach. Also fair pricing. I will continue to go here and would recommend.

Dorothy B.
09/25/2020
Best Auto Repair Shop In Town!
I have been going to Midtown Auto for over 20 years. Would never trust another auto shop with my 1994 Ford Ranger.
They offer prompt, knowledgeable and fast service with a friendly atmosphere.
Their pricing is fair and honest......they NEVER take you for a 'ride' on pricing.
I would highly recommend them!
Thank you Vinny and Don. Do not know what I would do without you guys!

AK
Arlene K.
09/24/2020
Trustworthy
The work is done in a timely manner and love the fact that as a woman they don't try to rip you off!!

09/22/2020