Diane G.
Colorado Springs, CO
02/27/2019
Service Department
If I could give NO {STARS} I would. The Service Department doesn’t deserve the ONE star I had to select to write this review.

I recently had a very frustrating and extremely costly experience with the service department and more specifically my service consultant Hanna Smith that is still ongoing.

They smile and sweet talk you in your face but behind your back they are scheming on just how much they can take advantage of you.

I took my Honda Ridgeline to Mike Maroone Honda located at 1103 Academy Park Loop, Colorado Springs, CO 80910 because the dealership is supposed to be the professionals and I wanted my car fixed by the people who understand my vehicle the best. At least that was what I used to think.

On January 22, 2019 my vehicle went to Honda for damage due to hitting a curb. I was the unfortunate client to service consultant Hanna. She gave me three options to choose from:

Option One: was under $400.00
Option Two: was a little over $1000.00
Option Three: was a little over $2000.00

Of course I chose the most expensive option after verifying with Hanna that would not have any safety issues or need any other repairs. Hanna guaranteed me my vehicle would be fixed like new and there would not be any other problems with the vehicle. With that reassurance I proceeded with the most expensive repair. The vehicle was picked up on January 23, 2019.

On January 24, 2019 I took my vehicle back to Honda because it was making a loud noise and the tires where rubbing when turning to the right or left. This time Hanna said the repairs would cost another $900.00 to fix. When asked to speak with the General Manager Hanna replied, “Oh no, let me see what I can do”. Hanna ended up being able to waive the labor cost and charge me for parts only. Once again Hanna guaranteed that everything would be good to go with the vehicle this time. I had to leave the vehicle there from Thursday to Monday due to the parts having to be ordered from China. I was never offered a car service, rental or loaner for me being out of a vehicle so long. I picked up the vehicle on January 29, 2019.

On February 3, 2019 I went to Castle Rock, CO and noticed while driving at high speeds the steering wheel shook and the vehicle was making a loud clicking noise. With this being my only vehicle I had no choice but to use the vehicle to drive to work which is only 1.2 miles.

On February 6, 2019 my friend drove to Honda to speak with Hanna and make an appointment for yet another service check. Hanna said she was not working the next day and to bring the vehicle in on February 7, 2019.

On February 7, 2019, I took the vehicle to Honda for my scheduled appointment. I spoke with Hanna and told her what was going on with the vehicle. I also explained to her that this is the third time the vehicle has been here since the accident and I was not happy with the service and wanted to speak to the General Manager. Hanna replied, “oh no, let me try to fix this”. I then proceeded to tell her that my brother who used to work in service for Honda is helping me this situation because I feel like I am being nickel and dimed, scammed and told lies.

As of February 7, 2019 I was informed that my vehicle now needed sway bar link and a tire rebalance because Honda on did a tire rebalancing on one tire. This repair would cost another $385. Once the repairs were completed Hanna advised that those repairs were not the problem. Now I am fed up with Hanna’s lies. My brother is trying to help me find the best solution. I needed to speak to the General Manager.

On February 20, 2019 I called Mike Maroone Honda requesting to speak with the General Manager. I was transferred to his voicemail. I left a message for him to contact me. After more than a week with no resolution or contact from Honda I called the main number for Honda and asked to speak with the General Manager. I was transferred to his voicemail.

On February 21, 2019 I received a call form Jason the Sales Manager. I explained to him that I was trying to reach the General Manager. He said that the General Manager was not in and while the general manager is away he (Jason) is in charge. I went on to explain to Jason what was going on with my vehicle. He told me that he would check with my service representative (Hanna) and return my call. Jason returned my call and told me that the vehicle needed an axle. He went on to explain that the reason the axle wasn’t checked is because axels do not go bad on my specific vehicle. He also explained how I could not get the repairs and pick up the vehicle. That the vehicle would be safe but I would still hear noise,

On February 22, 2019 I decided to make a claim against this Honda Dealership. This case is still ongoing with no resolution and I am still without a vehicle.

To be continued…

SY
Sean Y.
01/29/2018 Category: Service
Sean said he bought his vehicle and three weeks later it broke down. He recently took it in to get it serviced and it just broke down on him again. He would not recommend the business because of the issues he has been having.

LG
Linda G.
11/15/2017 Category: Service
Linda said her battery was dead and she called this business and asked them if they could help her. The lady she spoke with on the phone was very rude. She told her they could not help her. The vehicle is under warranty and only has 28,000 miles. She told her she could have it towed there, but they could not do anything. She called her insurance company and her roadside assistance took it up there. When she got it there, the lady there was fine and offered to have the business test the battery but she declined. She bought a new battery. They installed it but they messed up her radio. The regular technicians did not know how to reset her radio but some young kid helped reset the radio for her. They did not do a multi-point inspection. The service advisor did not explain anything. She would not recommend this business for reasons already stated.

James K.
11/06/2017 Category: Service
James said his visit to this business was horrible. He told them he wanted an oil and filter change along with anything else the vehicle may need. They offered him a ride but he told them he would wait. Two hours later, when he hadn't heard anything from them, he went looking for the vehicle and found it sitting in the parking lot. When he questioned an employee, he was told they had tried to call him. That could not be because he didn't have any missed calls. They presented him with a list of recommended work for his vehicle, including having his cabin and air filters changed. When he asked why the filters had not already been changed, the employee told him he wasn't sure because he had handed the vehicle off to someone else. The vehicle was finished 30 minutes later. The only pleasant part of the entire experience was the cashier. She caught an error with the bill. They tried to charge him for warranty work, when his vehicle is covered under a bumper to bumper warranty. He was never given a promise of time but it would only be ten minutes anywhere else. He is not sure about his satisfaction with the quality of the work done because he did not see it but they did not do what he asked them to do. He would not recommend this business to others because of the reasons mentioned.

JN
Jose N.
09/23/2017 Category: Service
Jose said he took his vehicle to this business because his heater was not working. They charged him $65 but were not able to pinpoint exactly what was wrong with it. They told him it could have been one of several things but anyone who is mechanically inclined could have given him that much information. They did not offer him a discount even though he is former military. He would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.

EL
Eric L.
09/14/2017 Category: Service
Eric said the business told him the vehicle would be ready in an hour and a half but it took 3 hours. They did not tell him it was going to be late so he is not satisfied with the communication. He was satisfied with his overall service experience because they did what they were supposed to do.

David R.
Colorado Springs, CO
09/08/2017
bad from start to finish
Bought a used SUV on a Friday night and brought my own financing with me (from my bank that I have a great relationship with (USAA)). Some pressure to let them try to get a better deal for me than my bank had, I turned it down and they didn't press too hard. Getting the actual closing paperwork signed was a total nightmare. The bank finally had to email them the complete loan binder before they would let us sign. Next day the check engine light comes on. Took it back, they told me to tighten the gas cap (it is a capless fuel system) and reset the light. A week later the light is back on. Back to the dealer, they cleaned the seal around the outer fuel door and reset the light. Some time later the light is back on, they recommend getting the locking fuel filler plug (at my own expense) and reset the light. The plug did keep the light off for a week or two, but it is back on. I quit taking it in. In the mean time the bank has called because they never got the paperwork from the dealer for the sale so they are going to cancel the loan. I call the dealer in a panic and they send the paperwork to the bank (45 days after I signed for the car). A week later, I realize the temp tags are expiring. They haven't sent the paperwork to DMV yet!!!!! I get a second set of temp tags. They assure me that they will get the paperwork to DMV in the next week. 5 WEEKS later, I'm at DMV and am told that they sent the paperwork back to the dealer as it was incomplete!!!! Called the dealer, am assured that the paperwork was resubmitted that morning and am guaranteed that I will be able to get my plates the next day. Back to DMV...they do a manual search (talk about waiting forever for an answer) and assure me that they do not have it. Back to the dealer....finally, handed a stack of paperwork and a check for DMV to I can turn the paperwork in myself and theoretically get plates finally. Will be going to DMV tomorrow as the 2nd set of temp tags expires this week. Not having much faith at this point that I will ever get real tags for the thing without getting a lawyer involved. Looking at the stack of paperwork tonight I realize that date stamps on it don't match the dates that the dealer claims they sent it in, got it back, or (didn't) resubmit it. That would make at least three lies just on the DMV interactions. Then there is the lie that my bank didn't send them the paperwork they needed and that's why the paperwork was incomplete when the bank sent them the entire loan binder before they would even let me sign for the car. The list goes on. Save yourself the time and aggravation...go somewhere else.

JZ
Joe Z.
08/04/2017 Category: Service
Joe said he had an appointment scheduled on Friday at 3:00 pm. When he arrived the service advisor seemed to have an attitude about checking the electrical system at that time. They charged him $100 to do the check and the advisor was busy trying to sell him something else rather than trying to find the problem. He was informed that there was nothing wrong with the electrical system. A fuse was blown and replaced. The next day the same fuse blew. He went to another dealership. There they charged him the same $100. This time they found the problem. It was a short in the fuse panel. This business charged him $100 for no apparent reason. He has since called the service manager at this business to complain and see what can be done to rectify the problem. He left a message on his voice mail. He has not received a return call yet. This business could serve him better by providing him with an accurate diagnosis.

LH
Lynda H.
07/14/2017 Category: Service
Lynda said it took 2 weeks to get her vehicle back and she called every 2 days to get information about the progress. They were disorganized and it was difficult to get a loaner. She won't be back if she can avoid it. It took a week and a half longer because they had to send out the head for machining. The service advisor is courteous. The inspection they did was fine, but she was the one calling them.

KH
Keith H.
09/13/2016 Category: Service
Keith said he was not completely satisfied with his overall service experience because the business did not do what he asked them to do. He said he asked them to rotate his tires, which cost him $20 and the back seat did not flip forward properly.

SL
Stephen L.
09/23/2015 Category: Service
Stephen said he was satisfied with the repairs until yesterday when the windshield wipers this business put on started coming off. He would be returning to this business to have the issue resolved. He was not satisfied with the quality of the repair and would not recommend this business for service due to reasons already stated.

JV
John V.
06/17/2015 Category: Service
John said he dropped his vehicle off at this business for a factory repair on Wednesday. On Friday he called to see if the repairs were completed but he found out they did not even know his vehicle was there. They lost his vehicle and did not know where it was for over 24 hours. They found the vehicle on their lot. He was not satisfied with the courtesy, knowledge and communication of his service advisor for this reason. There was no explanation given on the repair. He would not recommend this business based on this experience.

Maura G.
03/09/2015 Category: Service
Maura said she was not satisfied with her overall experience. There is a known problem with the front driver side heated seats for her vehicle not heating up. They are making her pay to have the issue resolved because the vehicle is not under warranty. She would not recommend the business because of what has already been shared. The business could serve her better by repairing the known issues at no cost to the customers.

MK
Marat K.
FOUNTAIN, CO
02/27/2015 Category: Service
Marat said he came to this business to have his door repaired and left with multiple issues. He noticed the service workers disconnected the side mirrors, and as he proceeded to leave the business his radio did not work. He went back to the business to have his radio repaired, and when he left a second time his dashboard was raised higher than normal. This was an inconvenience and they could have served him better by working more diligently on the first repair so the multiple malfunctions would not have occurred. He would not recommend this business over the issues already mentioned.
Travis H., Service Manager from Mike Maroone Honda responded on 03/02/2015

Spoke to Marat and his wife on Saturday 2/2/15. Went over the ussues on prior visits. Customer will return to dealership for future maintenance and if needed repair work. Customer issue resolved at this time.

Travis Hunter
719-597-4500 Ext 5022

EL
Eric L.
11/15/2014 Category: Service
Eric said he went to this business for an oil change and to get his tires rotated. When he left, his vehicle was telling him to check his air tire pressure. The shuttle was not on time. His vehicle was done in two hours and the shuttle was an hour and 20 minutes late. He said this business could be better by fixing the problem correctly. He would not recommend them due to this experience.