LG
Lee G.
Jeep Commander
12/12/2018 Category: Service
Lee said this business had the authorization to work on his vehicle but it sat there for 2 weeks because they were too busy to work on it. The third week, he called them and asked them to hold off on doing the work because he was having trouble getting the title. When John called him he was unprofessional and rude. He told him that he needed to come pick up his vehicle because it had been sitting there for 3 weeks. When he told John that what he had said was heavy handed and unfair, he would not apologize. He said he will not go back and they have lost a customer.
MIKE C. from Mike's Auto Service Center responded on 12/17/2018

Thank you for leaving your review.  We are sorry your visit did not meet your expectations.  As we strive for excellence, we would be happy to discuss the situation and you are free to reach out anytime to discuss it further.  Thanks Lee

JOHN A.
10/11/2018
Terrible first visit
I brought my car in because of a power steering problem. They called me hours later to tell me that the problem fixed itself as soon as they started driving it but we’re going to continue to look at it to see what the problem was. I then started looking up recalls and found there to be a recall for the issue I was having. I called them back and they said they’ve been looking at it to try and figure out the problem still. I went to go pick it up and they still didn’t know what was wrong with it even though I told them I found a recall for it. They still charged me a 100 dollar diagnostic fee for a problem that I diagnosed myself.
MIKE C. from Mike's Auto Service Center responded on 10/13/2018

Thank you for leaving us your review and speaking with us about it afterwards.
We appreciate the feedback as we found an error in our VIN retrieval process that affects us seeing the recalls and have taken steps to rectify that.

We welcome you back, at no additional charge, if this issue continues to present itself.  Since the recall is shown to have been completed, the issue could be related or something in addition to it.
Unfortunately, electrical issues don't always present themselves during the short time a vehicle is here, which is why we always invite our customers back to continue the diagnostic under the original fee amount.  We apologize for the miscommunication and wish you had a better experience.

We thank you for your honesty and hope all goes well with the repair of your vehicle!  Thank you John.

CE
CHRIS E.
Dodge Neon
12/22/2015
Car repair
The problem was worse when I got the car back now I have no car.

TF
Thomas F.
Liverpool, NY
07/03/2014
Charged too much for unauthorized work
I had AAA drop my car off after the U-Joint failed on my car. After not getting a call about receiving my car for hours
I called the shop. They had already had my car on the lift and done 155 dollars worth of "work". It was scheduled to
have over 700 dollars worth of work done. (I'm glad I called to stop them). Part of the 155 dollar charge was a
suspension inspection I would never had agreed to. I know there are two issues that should have stood out IMMEDIATELY if
a suspension inspection was truly done and nothing was mentioned to me. The "inspection" was never asked for, never
agreed upon, and never happened. The other part of the 155 was an hour of labor to remove 4 bolts. Probably took them
5 minutes. I would never have agreed to these charges. I first thought AAA had approved the work so I called to have
them change their practices and they claimed they never did and the garage took it upon themselves. They are dishonest,
charge too much, and have bad practices. (The lady behind the counter was very nice though).

TF
Thomas F.
Massachusetts
Land Rover Range Rover
06/27/2014 Category: Service
Thomas said this business performed unnecessary work. They started working on his vehicle and had planned to do $700 worth of work without his approval. He was charged an additional $50. He would not recommend them for the reasons stated.

CHRISTINE S.
Subaru Impreza
03/22/2013
For my inspection I was told I needed new wipers and I just bought new ones around 2 weeks previous I had an appointment for oil change and inspection and it took an hour and 1/2

CG
Chris G.
11/21/2012 Category: Service
Chris said they were not honest about the repairs that they were supposed to perform. He said he would not recommend this business based on this experience. He chose not to elaborate further.
MIKE C. from Mike's Auto Service Center responded on 11/26/2012
A NY State Inspection was performed as scheduled. Customer declined repair authorization for several safety and emission failures.

KG
KATHY G.
Mattydale, NY
Chevrolet Traverse
07/12/2017
Kathy Gasiorowski
was told air conditioning compressor needing replacing (was not blowing cold air).....estimate of $1000.00.....took to All Car Care..... needed freon.......$89.00......has been fine ever since..........very glad I got a second opinion!
MIKE C. from Mike's Auto Service Center responded on 07/17/2017

Hi Kathy,

We would love the opportunity to re-check your vehicle as we did not know you had concerns about your estimate.

Since you have had the system charged with refrigerant, at our shop and at All Car Care, within a months’ time, we feel you may run out again soon.  We have no way of knowing if the other shop evacuated the refrigerant that we put in and filled it to the proper specifications.

Between our notes and your review, we feel that something more may be going on with your system.   We would be happy to look at this again at no charge to you to see if there are any mistakes that need to be rectified.

We hope to hear from you and to address your concerns.

Thank you kindly!

MICHAEL S.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
08/02/2016
Unhappy
took more than a week to fix and then when return started hard. Now I have had to have it towed back because it wouldn't start again due to the starter again. NOT Happy.

PO
Pete O.
Chevrolet Silverado
02/20/2016 Category: Service
Pete said the price was very high for a battery and a thermostat, and they left his window open and the seat was soaked. He would recommend them for electrical, but not for anything else.

EH
Edward H.
Pennsylvania
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
07/01/2014 Category: Service
Edward said they are way too expensive. He would not recommend them to others for the reason mentioned.

VM
Valerie M.
New York
08/20/2018 Category: Service
Valerie said the service was average. She would not recommend this business for service because it was a little pricey.
MIKE C. from Mike's Auto Service Center responded on 08/23/2018

We appreciate your feedback and hope you have a better experience on your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

JUSTIN B.
06/04/2017
Nice people.
The folks that I interacted with were very polite and professional. They provided the diagnostics and estimates that I asked for. Unfortunately, on the drive home, a new trouble code came on. It ended up being disconnected sensor (they took the air box out when they worked on my vehicle and didn't plug a sensor in when they put the air box back in). Although they were friendly, I was disappointed about the disconnected sensor.
MIKE C. from Mike's Auto Service Center responded on 06/05/2017

We are glad we were able to help you with your diagnostics.  Thank you for making us aware of your disconnected sensor.  If you need any assistance reconnecting the sensor please stop in and we will take care of that for you.
Let us know if we can assist you any further!   Thanks Justin!

TG
Tony G.
New York
Chevrolet Pickup
08/27/2015 Category: Service
Tony said this business did an ok job.

TT
Tara T.
Cadillac DeVille
10/06/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Tara's husband. He said the business was repairing the electronic wiring under the steering wheel but they did not replace the padded part that covers it very well. The part is falling off but the electronics are working great. The prices were expensive especially, for repairs that he could perform himself.
MIKE C. from Mike's Auto Service Center responded on 10/13/2014

Sorry for the confusion but the unsatisfactory repairs you are referring to were performed by another shop, not us. The interior was in that condition the first time we ever saw the car under the previous owner. Glad to hear the car is working well now after our service. We appreciate your business.