LG
Lee G.
Syracuse, NY
Jeep Commander
12/12/2018 Category: Service
Lee said this business had the authorization to work on his vehicle but it sat there for 2 weeks because they were too busy to work on it. The third week, he called them and asked them to hold off on doing the work because he was having trouble getting the title. When John called him he was unprofessional and rude. He told him that he needed to come pick up his vehicle because it had been sitting there for 3 weeks. When he told John that what he had said was heavy handed and unfair, he would not apologize. He said he will not go back and they have lost a customer.
MIKE C. from Mike's Auto Service Center responded on 12/17/2018

Thank you for leaving your review.  We are sorry your visit did not meet your expectations.  As we strive for excellence, we would be happy to discuss the situation and you are free to reach out anytime to discuss it further.  Thanks Lee

JOHN A.
North Syracuse, NY
10/11/2018
Terrible first visit
I brought my car in because of a power steering problem. They called me hours later to tell me that the problem fixed itself as soon as they started driving it but we’re going to continue to look at it to see what the problem was. I then started looking up recalls and found there to be a recall for the issue I was having. I called them back and they said they’ve been looking at it to try and figure out the problem still. I went to go pick it up and they still didn’t know what was wrong with it even though I told them I found a recall for it. They still charged me a 100 dollar diagnostic fee for a problem that I diagnosed myself.
MIKE C. from Mike's Auto Service Center responded on 10/13/2018

Thank you for leaving us your review and speaking with us about it afterwards.
We appreciate the feedback as we found an error in our VIN retrieval process that affects us seeing the recalls and have taken steps to rectify that.

We welcome you back, at no additional charge, if this issue continues to present itself.  Since the recall is shown to have been completed, the issue could be related or something in addition to it.
Unfortunately, electrical issues don't always present themselves during the short time a vehicle is here, which is why we always invite our customers back to continue the diagnostic under the original fee amount.  We apologize for the miscommunication and wish you had a better experience.

We thank you for your honesty and hope all goes well with the repair of your vehicle!  Thank you John.

CE
CHRIS E.
Syracuse, NY
Dodge Neon
12/22/2015
Car repair
The problem was worse when I got the car back now I have no car.

TF
Thomas F.
Liverpool, NY
07/03/2014
Charged too much for unauthorized work
I had AAA drop my car off after the U-Joint failed on my car. After not getting a call about receiving my car for hours
I called the shop. They had already had my car on the lift and done 155 dollars worth of "work". It was scheduled to
have over 700 dollars worth of work done. (I'm glad I called to stop them). Part of the 155 dollar charge was a
suspension inspection I would never had agreed to. I know there are two issues that should have stood out IMMEDIATELY if
a suspension inspection was truly done and nothing was mentioned to me. The "inspection" was never asked for, never
agreed upon, and never happened. The other part of the 155 was an hour of labor to remove 4 bolts. Probably took them
5 minutes. I would never have agreed to these charges. I first thought AAA had approved the work so I called to have
them change their practices and they claimed they never did and the garage took it upon themselves. They are dishonest,
charge too much, and have bad practices. (The lady behind the counter was very nice though).

TF
Thomas F.
Massachusetts
Land Rover Range Rover
06/27/2014 Category: Service
Thomas said this business performed unnecessary work. They started working on his vehicle and had planned to do $700 worth of work without his approval. He was charged an additional $50. He would not recommend them for the reasons stated.

CHRISTINE S.
Subaru Impreza
03/22/2013
For my inspection I was told I needed new wipers and I just bought new ones around 2 weeks previous I had an appointment for oil change and inspection and it took an hour and 1/2

CG
Chris G.
11/21/2012 Category: Service
Chris said they were not honest about the repairs that they were supposed to perform. He said he would not recommend this business based on this experience. He chose not to elaborate further.
MIKE C. from Mike's Auto Service Center responded on 11/26/2012
A NY State Inspection was performed as scheduled. Customer declined repair authorization for several safety and emission failures.