2030 Reviews

Overall Rating 4.4782583/5Overall Rating 4.4782583/5Overall Rating 4.4782583/5Overall Rating 4.4782583/5rating 4.4782583
Overall Rating 2.06522/5Overall Rating 2.06522/5rating 2.06522rating 2.06522rating 2.06522
Latest Review about 1 hour ago

RP
Robert P.
Woburn, MA
07/29/2019 Category: Service
Mirak sells cars without proper inspection
Bought a nice 2015 Hyundai sonata Limited ultra edition with less than 45000 miles. Put on new tires after 1 month, front end alignment and
just had to have front and rear brakes totally done. Just not right.
JOHN G A. from Mirak Hyundai responded on 08/02/2019

Robert, Thank you very much for your feedback. I will review this with our usewd car manager.

John Aldinger
Mirak Hyundai

Courtney B.
Watertown, MA
07/11/2019
No communication
Car brought in over weekend supposed to be worked on Monday 7/8. Have tried calling multiple times and either goes straight to VM or someone answers and puts me on an unreasonably long hold so I end up hanging up. All I want is an update/some form of communication re: my car, so I can plan accordingly. This was promised to me by the end of the day on Monday. It is now Thursday. Hoping this will finally get someone's attention since apparently my phone calls/attempts to online chat w staff have not...
JOHN G A. from Mirak Hyundai responded on 07/14/2019

Courtney, I am following up to make sure all went well on Saturday with you picking up a car. Please let me know.

John Aldinger
Mirak Hyundai

David B.
Somerville, MA
2012 Hyundai Veloster
06/06/2019 Category: Service
Took forever and was told it was done only to find damage
It has been 5 weeks going on 6 weeks to fix a panel damaged in an accident. I work from home so it's not that big of a deal to be without a car, but it has been impossible to get any info or ETA on the car being fixed throughout the process. Calling to get any info sometimes takes a call back the next day and they've pushed out the ETA more than once. I finally went to get my car today, but what a hell it has been.

This entire situation got so much worse after I asked auto-body to send my car to Service to do a full tune up after they were finished with fixing the panel that was damaged. They said it would be no problem at all. I was told it'd be ready for pick up by Monday, no problem.

I was in no rush (it has been weeks so far anyway) so called on Tuesday to see what the deal was since nobody called to tell me it was ready. I had to call Service and leave a message 4 times and got no call back. The next day, now Wednesday, I called again and the service department got back to me after an hour. The man was rude and annoyed I called Service at all and told me I had to call the auto body shop. I told him the auto body shop told me to call Service. He told me I was wrong. He then told me he'd tell auto body to call me. Okay...so they call in 30 minutes and proceed to tell me that I was right and he was out of line. Great. I then fork over 20 bucks to get a Lyft to pick up my car. I show up and find out the car has been ready to pick up for 4 days now. NOBODY called me to tell me this!

I then walked out to my car with the auto-body rep to find the replaced panel scratched at least 20 times. It was comically scratched as if done on purpose. The brand new panel, the panel that should be perfect is now scratched more than any other part of my car. The auto body rep was befuddled and didn't understand how that could happen. They are going to fix it, but it just extends the time it has taken to fix this plus I wasted 20 dollars on a Lyft to get there and wasted an hour of my time on top of that. The auto-body folks did at least offer to give me a rental for free, but I turned it down. I didn't want to have to deal with getting a rental.

So now I have to wait at least 2 more days for them to paint and fix the insane amount of scratches on what is supposed to be a brand new panel. It's outrageous and I cannot believe how bad this experience has been from the very start. Avoid Mirak at all costs.

KA
Kiley A.
Watertown, MA
2016 Hyundai Elantra
02/22/2019 Category: Service
Was not listened to as customer.
I was not informed when the parts for my car had arrived, making the entire process take 2 weeks longer than it needed to. When I dropped off my car, the staff did not listen to what I reported was in need of repair with the car that was not listed on the appraisal; thus when I picked up my car, these issues were still present and I now have to return to have them fixed.
Dan B. from Mirak Hyundai responded on 02/26/2019

Thank you for your feedback I very much appreciate it, I'm sorry that you didn't receive a 5 star experience on this visit at our dealership. Someone will be in contact with you to speak about this mater. If you have any question please contact me Daniel at 781-641-6876.

Best Regards
Daniel Brouillard

AC
Alessandra C.
Melrose, MA
02/09/2019
Unprofessional and disorganized service
Terrible experience at this place. Not only did I have an issue here once but FOUR times. Even after having an appointment for an oil change and arriving on time, they told me they were too busy and were not able to take my car. Last time I came was a Friday and upon arriving, someone named Mike said they could not preform the oil change then because they were busy (even though I had an APPOINTMENT) but promised to do it if i came back the following Monday around 3:30. "No need for an appointment" he said. Even after being very frustrated from my previous experiences there, I decided to go back that Monday since he seemed sincere and apologized. When I was on my way that Monday I called saying I was running 5 minutes late but was very close, and I would arrive around 3:35. He was extremely rude on the phone acting like he did not remember me. He said he would absolutely not be able to take my car because they were closing at 4. Even after claiming to remember our conversation from Friday, he continued to tell me that it was easy for me to say five minutes but to them that was a very long time. I have never experienced such disrespectful and unprofessional customer service like this. Another issue I had with them was when they told me one price for a broken mirror on my car, and when I came to do it, they said it was $100 more, completely disregarding the previous price they gave me. Not only are they rude and extremely disorganized with booking their appointments, they also do not follow through with what they tell you.

BP
Bridgette P.
Waltham, MA
01/17/2019
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me
Went in October for recall and some repair...ended up with other things that were "advised" to do by Ciff LeGrand. When I declined some additional pricey stuff done he recommended, he took a deep sigh and said "ok..". Really, man?
Picked up car next afternoon ( yes, they had my car for more than 24 hrs) ,car seemed to be ok...Next morning, as I am driving my bf back home from surgery, my car starts making noises like it's about to konk out and the check engine light comes on. Brakes are clunking . I'm praying we get home without breaking down. Drop him off at home, drive immediately and carefully to Mirak and am livid!! My car was better before going in their shop! The mechanic who worked on my car has me wait in lounge, he fiddles around with car to get check engine light off, test drives it, sound doesnt show up. I take it back home, start going on one street, sound starts again.
I didnt feel safe so was forced to go to local small auto shop to get car looked at and repaired. $300 bill and car drove like how it did before it was at Mirak.
Fast fwd January- they keep calling me to get a new recall done. I reluctantly make appt (shame on me). Show up at 8am. Cliff LeGrand appears and says " ok, car will be ready at 3" whoa- a whole day to fix a recall?Since I need to get to work, I ask if they have loaner cars available.
He said "No, we dont. You would have needed to mention that ahead of time."
I tell him never mind. Really late for work and wasted my time. Call up Pride Lynn on way to work, where I went for past few years prior to moving metrowest. Get this--They fix my recall in ONE HOUR , same day appt and wasnt a slow day either. DONE. Fast, friendly, professional service. Joaquin@PrideLynn...thank you!!!!
Mirak, even if you offered me free services, I do not trust you with my car. I will drive to Lynn or pay the tiny family auto shop instead.

LW
Lindsay W.
Somerville, MA
01/09/2019
I will not be going back here for service
I bought the 15,000 mile service, which included both an engine and cabin air filter change. I got a call from the service center saying that it would be an extra $74.95 to get a cabin air filter. When I pointed out that the website said the cabin air filter would be included, the service center said that "you can complain, but its not on our checklist so we will not replace it." I looked it up on autozone, and these things only cost $10 and are easily accessible for replacement in the passenger glove box, so I decided not to push the issue.

On top of this, they tried to convince me to get a fuel injection cleaning service for $172. This is a known scam, often done by brand name auto shops. I have 14,600 miles on my car. It is considered ridiculous to get this service at 30,000 miles, and is only recommended by Kelly Bluebook after 60,000 miles. There is NO WAY that my fuel injector would need cleaning already.

I need to go to a service center that I can trust, and now I am convinced that I can not trust Mirak Hyundai to work on my car.

Brent M.
Mequon, WI
06/07/2018 Category: Service
Tepair
My son dropped off his car they did not explain or ask him if what they were doing was ok. The problem he brought it in for was not fixed.
KEVIN P G., Service Director from Mirak Hyundai responded on 06/09/2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey, your feedback is very important to us. I am very sorry for the inconveniece, we will be reaching out to you to discuss and resolve this issue. Thank you for servicing your Hyundai Sonata at Mirak Hyundai.

Kevin Gilmore

2015 Hyundai Tucson

michael m.
Cambridge, MA
11/21/2015 Category: Service
real bad service dept. sales was ok.
i bought a 07 jeep compass., after a few months i started getting a lot squeaking and ratting noise, they told me to bring to jeep service. they said they did know anything about jeeps.i still a year of ex coverage. aaa service fixed the problem in no time.