AV
Anand V.
Ford Crown Victoria
12/12/2019
Top notch
I've had good experiences here, and more importantly they get the job done quick and with good customer service.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 12/12/2019

Thank you for the excellent review!

Robin C.
12/11/2019
Very Pleased and Impressed
I didn't even know Modern Automotive existed until recently. I moved near their location about a year ago and had been driving by them every day. A friend had some work done and shared how good their experience had been. So, when my car had an issue that needed some attention, I thought I would try them out. I can tell you, from the initial phone call to when I left with my repaired car, the experience was so impressive. Thomas made me feel valued and appreciated, even though my repair was a very minor issue and quickly fixed. The experience was very human and personal... something that is quite rare these days! Then I find out the owner is a former neighbor. Chuck, congratulations on building a business that stands high above the competition! I'll be referring all of my friends to you.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 12/11/2019

Thank you so much.  We really try to make our guests experience special.  In our line of work (like the dentist) folks really don't want to come see us!  Thank you again for taking the time to write such a nice review.  I will be sure to share your comments with Thomas as well.

540-385-8808

BK
Bill K.
Jeep Liberty
12/11/2019
The EGR valve had gone out and Modern Automotive managed to get the part (which cost $235) replaced under warranty. It had been replaced 2 years and 5 days before and was 5 days out of warranty--but they talked the parts supplier into covering it. Totally unexpected--thanks!
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 12/11/2019

Thanks for the glowing review Bill!

Rick S.
12/09/2019 Category: Service
Rick said this business did what he expected them to do. He said he hasn't had any problems with them.

Thanks for the Review!

DK
Doug K.
12/08/2019
Always great service and quality work! Dependable and trust worthy!
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 12/10/2019

Thank you so much for the review.  We really appreciate it and YOU Doug.

TT
Tom T.
12/08/2019
Replacing tires.
Had tires replaced and very satisfied with price and the staff was great as always.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 12/10/2019

Thank you Tom!  We really do appreciate it when our guests take the time to provide a written review.

Tom M.
12/07/2019
Outstanding service
as usual...these guys fit you in when possible...always quick and accurate.
why take your car anywhere else...i wont

Wow!  Thank you Tom!

Buick Park Avenue
12/05/2019
Very nice people to work with.
All of the work was taking care of quickly and in a professional manner.

IA
Ian A.
Blacksburg, VA
BMW M3
BMW Half shaft removal
Great help as always. Had to remove some axles that were seized in hub. Shop manager and mechanic were very kind during this process. Fair pricing and quality work. Hard if not impossible to find both. I will continue to go to this shop for all my automobile needs. They never disappoint.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 12/05/2019

Ian, Thank you for the review!  I will share your comments with the team.  Glad we were able to get the Beemer taken care of for you.

Matt M.
Catawba, VA
Very Professional Team - Highly Recommend
Thomas, Terry and the team are very professional and responsible....working with you every step. Explained in detail and offer options. Reasonable prices with option for a shuttle
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 12/05/2019

Thank you Matt!  Reviews like your really help new folks find us hidden back here behind the Farmhouse restaurant!

BK
Bill K.
Minivan service & state inspection
Work done quickly--thank you!
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 12/05/2019

Thank you Bill we really appreciate the review.  Often folks who have been with us as many years as you have just don't give reviews.
Thank you again!

ND
Nina D.
Willis, VA
Kia Sportage
12/05/2019 Category: Service
Nina said this business is really good. She said she enjoyed being there. She said they're very nice.

Thank you!

JN
Judy N.
Chevrolet HHR
11/21/2019 Category: Service
Judy said they were excellent, kind, patient and honest.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/25/2019

Thank you!

Richard C.
11/16/2019
Courteous to family
Thank you for not being condescending to my daughter when she picked up the car. I taught her everything I know - in about 5 minutes!
So happy for the quick work when you were obviously very busy.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/18/2019

Richard, Your family is our family.  Glad we were able to get you taken care of in a timely manner.  Thank you for the excellent 5 star review!

Doug H.
11/15/2019
Valve cover gasket
Carl, the mechanic who is your Jeep specialist impresses me more everytime I bring my jeep to you guys. He not only replaced gasket but degreased the whole top engine area. I know he did not have to do that but when I saw that I knew this man takes pride in his work. Terry Lucas also goes out of his way everytime to make sure I get value for my money. Nothing like dealing with honest people. Thanks so much. Doug Hylton
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/18/2019

Doug, thank you far taking the time to give your feedback.  I am very proud of the team we have built here.  It is our aim to continuously provide care and service above industry standards.  Than you again for taking the time to write this excellent review.

YL
Yvonne L.
11/15/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Amanda. She said the repairs were done in a timely manner, the business was honest and she also said she will be a repeat customer.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/18/2019

Excellent to hear.  Thank you for the 5 Star Review!

11/13/2019
Modern Automotive delivers professional service with the personal touch
Timely , professional and courteous what more can you ask for? all of that at reasonable rates.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/18/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with the 5 Stars and the wonderful description of the business.

Radford, VA
Hyundai Accent
It is fixed
It is fixed
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/18/2019

Thank you for the review!
We really appreciate it.

NS
Nancy S.
Dodge Durango
Wonderful service
I have used this garage and others in the area in the last several months due to the advanced age of my vehicle and I have to say that the service here beats other garages hands down. Thomas and Terry are very knowledgeable and they made sure I knew everything that was going on with my vehicle. The mechanics do a great job and I have not had any issue with their work at all. They got my vehicle in so quickly and told me everything that they found in an efficient manner. I will be using Modern Automotive going forward and I recommend them highly. Unlike a lot of garages in the area, they are not overpriced and they have never made me wait beyond the expected time for repair. They certainly seem to have their business model and concept well in hand!
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/15/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an excellent review.  We really do care about the folks we are working with I am glad that our culture was obvious to you.  Being a bit off the main road, reviews like ours are important to us. It helps other find us.

Thank you again!

Joy C.
Blacksburg, VA
Joy’s Tahoe
Cold raining day stuck at a gas station car would not start. You guys came and got me and my car back to the shop and fixed the problem. No words can really express my gratitude in taking care of this situation. Thanks so much for looking after me.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/15/2019

Glad we could help you out Mrs. Joy.  Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us!