Overall Rating 4.7878755/5Overall Rating 4.7878755/5Overall Rating 4.7878755/5Overall Rating 4.7878755/5rating 4.7878755
Overall Rating 2.37879/5Overall Rating 2.37879/5rating 2.37879rating 2.37879rating 2.37879

09/01/2017 Category: Service
Chris
Chris displayed exceptional customer service I will go back just because of him

09/01/2017 Category: Service
Horrible customer service
Maybe they were having a bad day car was ready in a timely manner but customer service was awful
SHAWN P H., Service Manager from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 09/03/2017

Shakema,
Thank you for your feed back. I'll contact you after Labor day to get more info from you about your visit.

CL
Calvin L.
08/27/2017 Category: Service
need better service fllow up
Calvin Lewers
SHAWN P H., Service Manager from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 08/30/2017

Mr. Lewers,
Thanks for taking the time to speak with me on the phone. Sorry the part went on back order and we will notify you as soon as we get an update on the part.

AH
Andy H.
Stony Point, NC
2012 Hyundai Veloster
07/26/2017 Category: Service
Horrible service
Horrible service, car still not repaired after many visits, they won't return phone calls or emails, had to get service mgr. and emailed GM not heard back from him. Worst dealership to deal with if you want it repaired right take it somewhere else!!!!!
SHAWN P H., Service Manager from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 07/27/2017

Andy,
Sorry to hear you are still having issues with your car. I was off yesterday so I didn't get your email till today. I know on your last visit with us you took a test drive with a tech and couldn't get the car to act up. And then we drove the car another 115 miles with no issue. We will be glad to take another test drive with you when you have the time.

07/13/2017 Category: Service
Service Advisor was horrible!
This is possibly the worst experience I have ever had at any dealership. Ever. Your service advisor Hooper is a joke and was definitely trying to pull one over on me. Little did he know, I used to work at a car dealership in the service dept and know how things work.
But I'll give detail as to what he did...
This conniving employee of yours REFUSED my warranty work on my car because I opted for him to not do my spark plugs. Why would I pay $220 plus for plugs and installation when my dad is a mechanic and did it for $33!!?!
I told him before hand that if it's not under warranty don't touch it, when he called he stated that he wouldn't even do the warranty work unless I paid the money and had the plugs changed. We went back and forth a few times before he said I'll call you back and hung up. When he called back he stated they could do the warranty work (Shocking). I'm extremely disappointed because I love my Hyundai and the sales team there is awesome.(we've bought 4 cars in the past couple years) As for this employee, he doesn't deserve to even be apart of what I thought was a great service dept. This issue needs to be address and rectified before he causes you to lose more customers, or he pulls this on someone who falls for it.
SHAWN P H., Service Manager from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 07/14/2017

Mr. Fechtner,
Thanks for your follow up to my email. It's is for sure not our company's policy to require any customer to do any repairs to receive warranty work. We are sorry for your experience and thank you for your feed back.

ED
Eric D.
06/29/2017 Category: Service
Jeff
Jeff was great and explained to me what was done and what's needed.

06/29/2017 Category: Service
I didn't find anything wrong
My car has been ticking, stalling and cutting back for a year and all I keep hearing is, "I didn't find anything wrong".
SHAWN P H., Service Manager from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 06/30/2017

Eric,
Thanks for taking my call and glad to hear that the survey response was not related to this visit with Jeff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks,

Carlos C.
06/16/2017 Category: Service
Don't buy a Hyundai, reliable car but poor customer service
No matter what they do to improve they always screw up. Worse customer service. And I am not talking about an isolate issue, it is happening all the time. When I don't have any recalls for the car I always go to another place. DON'T go there if you don't have to.
SHAWN P H., Service Manager from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 06/17/2017

Carlos,
Sorry to hear about your experience with service here at Modern. Over the past few days we have been trying to contact you about your comments. As the new Service Director i would like to speak with you and hear more about your experience. Please contact me next week.

NS
Nelson S.
Kannapolis, NC
2012 Hyundai Accent
05/22/2017 Category: Service
Repeat service
They sold me and my wife the same service 10 months apart.
SHAWN P H., Service Manager from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 05/24/2017

Nelson,
Sorry to hear about your last service. I have attempted to contact you via phone/ email and have not heard back. I would like to review your service file with you. Please contact at your earliest convenience.

Mooresville, NC
2013 Hyundai Genesis Co
05/19/2017 Category: Service
This place makes up for their mistakes
They recently didn't check my windshield washer fluid. Something that makes you wonder what else they didn't check. Their new service manager said that issue was addressed with the mechanic, and offered me a free oil change next time.

05/19/2017 Category: Service
This place is the worst
Every time I bring my car for service there is a new issue. This time my windshield washer fluid wasn't topped of like it normally is. I know that is very minor, but after five years of disappointment at this shop, I have to wonder if any of my fluids were checked. I'm questioning if my oil was changed which was half the reason I came in for service.
SHAWN P H., Service Manager from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 05/23/2017

Dear Customer,
Sorry to hear that your experience didn't go well on this last service visit. We have reached out to you via email and phone to talk about this visit and have been unsuccessful in reaching you. I see you have been a long time customer of Modern with over 30 visits in the last 5 years. Please feel free to reach out me at your convenience.

Rockwell, NC
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/08/2017 Category: Service
Terrible
Arrived 30 minutes early to the appointment and didn't get checked in until after our appointment time all while standing at the desk. No mention of needed maintanence I had to ask when stuff was recommended. Our multipoint inspection was rushed over at check out and was explained that the air filter was in the yellow. When we ask about the cabin filter they said they were both filters they go hand in hand. We had bought our first Hyundai at modern but went elsewhere for the second one due to lack of customer service in the sales department. We chose to try and give the service department a chance since we drive by modern to get to the other Hyundai dealer we are very pleased with but it was a failure. Looks like we will continue to drive past modern to do business with Bob Mayberry Hyundai.
SHAWN P H., Service Manager from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 05/11/2017

Dear Customer,
Sorry to hear about your experience with us. I am new here at Modern Hyundai and I love to hear your feed back. I have called an left message and have not heard back from you. Please feel free to contact me at 704-262-4408 ext 17201.

Sincerely,

Kannapolis, NC
2012 Hyundai Genesis
04/19/2017 Category: Service
no comment
no comment
Priscilla E. from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 04/20/2017

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our SureCritic Review. Our customers' voices are imperative to the growth of our buisness and we appreciate your feedback. Can you please reply to this email and let me know what made the visit to our dealership unsatisfying? I want to help, but I need more information about why your visit wasn't and hasn't been a great one.

Jenell R.
2013 Hyundai Veloster
03/23/2017 Category: Service
Won't be back
Service dept has become horrible and i swear guy slashed my less than 5 month old tire to make a sale. I don't know where Chris went, but please bring hime back.
Priscilla E. from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 03/29/2017

Thank you for responding to our SureCritic Review. Our customer's voices are imperative to the growth of our dealership. We appreciate your feedback and we have forwarded your review to our management.

Thank you again for your time taken to reply to the survery. These matters are never taken lightly.

WF
Wesley F.
03/09/2017
Very Hard To Schedule a Service APPOINTMENT online & by PHONE
I was trying to schedule a service appointment online and by phone and both options really really suck. When I used the online option the appointment would not book and the email stated ' an error occurred '. So I decided to call and make the appointment. When I called 3x's I kept getting passed around for almost 30 mins. Not a good way to keep a customer that has purchased 2 cars from you. So I have schedule services else where and will be trading my car in with ANOTHER dealer. If I have to go through this much hassle to just get an oil change think of what I have to deal with to upgrade my car. Oh well Goodbye Hyundai of Concord you just lost a customer.!!!!!!
Priscilla E. from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 03/09/2017

Thank you for responding to our SureCritic review. Your voice is imperative to the growth of our company. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that have been caused by our expansion. We are in the midst of a major expansion and our service call center has been relocated. While the relocation happens, we are having issues answering every phone call that comes in but we are doing our best to keep up with demands. The online option has been taken down until the expansion is completed. Again, we apologize for any inconveniences. If you're willing to give us another chance to earn back your business, I could start arranging your appointments via email until the expansion is completed. I'd like to also extend an offer of a free oil change as an apology. If you would like for me to set up that appointment, you may reply to this email. If you were to have any other questions, comments, or concerns I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.

We understand that your time is valuable and we hope to hear from you soon. Thank you again.

Best Regards,

Priscilla E. from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 03/09/2017

Sir, is there any way you could provide me with the phone number you called from? We are attempting to find the issue within our service line. You are one of several customers today who have had issues making it to our appointment schedulers and we are just trying to find where the issue lies. With your number, we can track where your call was forwarded to and why it was never answered.

I hope that you are enjoying your day, and we apologize again for this inconvenience.

2013 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
03/02/2017 Category: Service
Shitty service
Every time I go there it seems like something else that wasn't broken before ends up broken when I take m car into to get fixed for a part that was broken , they forgot o put my lugnuts back on my rims and told me my break pads were bad when they weren't
Priscilla E. from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 03/02/2017

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our SureCritic review. We appreciate your feedback. I have forwarded your response to our management team and someone will respond back shortly.

Thank you for your time.

JI
JOSEPH I.
Mooresville, NC
02/15/2017
Service department didnt seem interested
I own 2013 santefe sport with a2.4L Theta engine that just siezed after the warrentee ran out, I was told by Hyundai assurance to tow the car to the dealer and they would inspect exactly why the engine failed, all they could tell me is the engine was locked up, Da,and of course hyundai refused to fix the problem, wasted my money towing the car there, they did offer me a $1000 on a trade in, not bad I paid $30k 40months ago! stay away from this manufacturer.
Priscilla E. from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 02/17/2017

Thank you for your feedback.

Jennifer H.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
02/08/2017 Category: Service
Service Tech Jeff seemed to quote me a ridiculous price compared to the same work at other Hyundai dealerships.
Horrific. I will never go back.
Priscilla E. from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 02/09/2017

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our Sure Critic Review; our customer’s voice is imperative to the growth of our dealership, please know you were heard. Here at Modern we strive to ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with their visit and I hate to hear that we have fell short. Concerning pricing, each dealership is independently franchised and you will find that pricing does differ from dealership to dealership but we all do stay within the Hyundai pricing guidelines. We do, however, offer discounts in our mailers and on our website regularly. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to earning your business in the future and I hope to hear back from you soon.

2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/17/2017 Category: Service
Long wait for service that should have been done in an hour
Service recommended that was not needed and seemed to be just to get more money out of me. Very disappointed and question whether the techs are honest about what is needed.
Priscilla E. from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 01/17/2017

Thank you for responding to our SureCritic Review. We apologize for any inconvenience. We would like to extend an offer of a free oil change. If you would like to accept this offer, you may call our service manager, Kristofer Johnson, at the number listed below and he will set your appointment for you.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope we are able to earn your business in the future.

RL
Ralph L.
2007 Hyundai Azera
12/31/2016 Category: Service
Total waste of time.
The service people were extremely nice and low pressure which was very nice but nothing was accomplished and no further word.
Priscilla E. from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 01/02/2017

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our Sure Critic Review; our customer’s voice is imperative to the growth of our dealership, please know you were heard. Here at Modern we strive to ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with their visit and I hate to hear that we have fell short. I checked with our parts department to see if your parts had been delivered and they are here. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible to get you scheduled to have those parts put on.

Again, thank you for your time and we look forward to earning your business in the future.

HL
Heather L.
Lincolnton, NC
11/10/2016 Category: Service
Cannot fix my vehicle
Extremely disappointing.
Priscilla E. from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 11/11/2016

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our SureCritic review; We understand that your time is valuable. Upon looking into your case, I understand we are doing a three month oil consumption evaluation and we understand how frustrating this can be. If there is anything we can do to make this process easier and less stressful for you, do not hesitate to give us a call.

We appreciate you and your time. If you have any other questions, concerns, or comments, please give me a call at the number listed below.

Best Regards,

Michael H.
10/24/2016 Category: Service
couldn't believe when my wife had to wait over 2 hours for an oil change after having an appointment. This is unacceptable and will influence my decision to have work done on our cars at your facility
Chris B., Service Manager from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 10/26/2016

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our Sure Critic Review; our customer’s voice is imperative to the growth of our dealership, please know you were heard. Here at Modern we strive to ensure that our customers are completely satisfied with their visit and I hate to hear that we have fell short. I would like a chance to speak with you regarding this matter so that I may have a chance to expiate this situation; if you would please give me a call at the number below.

Chris Blalock
Modern Hyundai of Concord
704-788-2110
cblalock@modernauto.com

Albemarle, NC
2016 Hyundai Elantra
10/17/2016 Category: Service
Two hours for an oil change?
Two hours for an oil change?
Chris B., Service Manager from Modern Hyundai of Concord responded on 10/17/2016

Good Morning,
Thank your for response. I would like to speak with you concerning your service visit. If you would please give me a call so i can better assist you in the future.

Chris Blalock