Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Nathan R.
Murfreesboro, TN
06/05/2019
$100 for a radiator cap
Place was clean, people where very nice, but the prices just didn't sit right with me. I had my previous car looked at and when it was something as simple as a radiator cap, they only charged me for the cap. Here I had to pay the full overheat inspection, labor, and for the gas cap which cost me over $100... Just for an $8 cap I could have replaced myself if only I had watched YouTube first.
Eric I., Owner Operator from Murfreesboro Auto Repair responded on 06/29/2019

We are sorry you feel dissatified with your experience. We did a coolant pressure test which is what allowed us to discover the cap was leaking. The cap only leaked when pressure was placed on the system. So a full diagnostic was performed on your vehicle. We shared the diagnostic fee upfront. We on occasions have unfair evaluation on sevices when compairing on a apple to oranges level. Clients at times can get better pricing on purchasing parts themselves or performing work themselves. We are glad we were able to help with your car. We are dissappoint that you do not see the value of the services we provide.

CL
Cindy L.
Tullahoma, TN
Honda Civic Si
06/22/2018
My EXPENSIVE Honda Repair
In my 42 years of driving a car I have NEVER been charged so much for labor. My repair bill was OVER 770 dollars and 541 dollars of that was for "LABOR". Using some computer to diagnose a problem is a clever way to find out what is wrong with the vehicle by to charge for that time connected on the computer is a waste of my hard earned money. I would like to think that these mechanic's that you have working for you can FIND the problem on their own. (my car over heated and the problem was apparently the radiator)
Understandably I was in a bind after being stranded in Brentwood and ending up calling this repair shop for much needed assistance. But getting the FIRST phone call from this repair shop and being told that it was going to cost me 147 dollars to just look at the car...come on that is just taking advantage of people.
I have told my friends (Tullahoma and beyond) that this repair shop, I feel, takes advantage of people. And if this review is posted I want any and everyone that the repairs at this shop are too expensive for the "blue collar worker" and if they can go elsewhere for all their automotive repairs.
Oh yea...I did get a 54 dollar discount.....
Eric I., Owner Operator from Murfreesboro Auto Repair responded on 06/22/2018

Sorry you feel that our pricing structure did not meet your budget requirements. The radiator labor portion of the repair was only $248 the part was $127.87. We spent several hours diagnosing your vehicle, yet we waived the first diagnostic hour. Many coolant leaks are easily determined by a coolant pressure test. The leak from your radiator was a hairline seam which was much harder to detect and took additional diagnostic time. Additionally, we also replaced a thermostat and relay which was additional parts and labor. Also you requested we perform a brake inspection and stated our pricing was in line with another brake estimate you received. We would have waived the brake inspection if you had approved the brake repair. You have a 4yr/48k parts and labor warranty on the work performed. We also helped you coordinate your tow. We have many "blue collar" customers and have aways worked hard to provide a quality repair at affordable prices. While our pricing might not always be the least expensive, we are often told our pricing is less expensive considering the ASE Master Tech expertise, OEM parts we use, the warranty, and free loaner cars. We wish you the best with your future car car needs.

Samuel W.
Tennessee
Volkswagen Passat Wagon
03/17/2018 Category: Service
Samuel said the employees called and cleared up any questions he had.

03/17/2018 Category: Service
Samuel said the business was unable to perform a full, satisfactory service to the vehicle.
Eric I., Owner Operator from Murfreesboro Auto Repair responded on 03/21/2018

Thanks for taking the time speak with me. We appreciate after hearing all the details your willingness to rescore. We recommended replacement of the plugs to determine the health of the car. The orignal plugs were bad, and we could not determine the car needed an engine till replacing them. We also helped you sell your vehicle while allowing the vehicle to stay parked on our lot for an extended period of time. Please let us know if you have any additional concerns.