Overall Rating 4.12/5Overall Rating 4.12/5Overall Rating 4.12/5Overall Rating 4.12/5rating 4.12

Overall Rating 4.16129/5Overall Rating 4.16129/5Overall Rating 4.16129/5Overall Rating 4.16129/5rating 4.16129
Overall Rating 2.22581/5Overall Rating 2.22581/5rating 2.22581rating 2.22581rating 2.22581

JJ
Juanika J.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/15/2019 Category: Service
Not being honest and finding out what the real problem was while under warranty.
My warranty was to expire in 10 days. They told me that I had a break issue and that was not covered under warranty. I changed the breaks all the way around the car and the problem still exist and the warranty has expired.
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 07/17/2019

Thank you Juanika for bringing this matter to my attention.  The only issue seen at the time you came in was the brake pads being low.  If there is another issue or the same still please return and test drive with a technician for confirmation.  If there is an issue that is now out of warranty since it was a concern prior to its expiration Hyundai will still cover it.
Service manager

07/06/2019 Category: Service
The service manager
Na
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 07/17/2019

Thank you for responding.  I do apologize and I talked to you when you were here.  I know you have been having issues with a few bulbs. Your headlight bulb was the opposite side that what you replaced a few months ago but we still replaced at no charge.  The issues with the brake lights that you told me about was with the previous ownership group.  I even offered to diagnose that issue at no charge but you did not return at the agreed upon time the following Monday.  I can not correct an issue with the vehicle not present and at this point with the scene you were making I think we just need to part ways and you can visit another dealer.

AF
Ashley F.
East Saint Louis, IL
07/05/2019 Category: Service
I will not be back!!
This place has horrible customer service and the person doing my paperwork make me down for NOT checking my 60,000 inspection when I told him that’s what I wanted! I told him I had already had a filter but wanted to check everything else and he did not. He got an attitude when I checked to see if my car was completed... and my car was done and my paperwork was just sitting around. I could have left the dealership awhile ago. Just unprofessional!
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 07/17/2019

Thank you Ashley for bringing this matter to my attention. I do apologize and I am sorry you feel that way.  I know i discussed the situation before you left and thought every thing was cleared up but apparently not.

TG
Teri G.
St. Louis, MO
2012 Hyundai Elantra
07/04/2019 Category: Service
2 1/2 hour for oil change- with early appointment
2 1/2 hour for oil change- with early appointment - nothing else to say.
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 07/06/2019

Thank you Teri for bringing this matter to my attention.  I do apologize for the inconvenience. I would like to make it up to you by performing your next oil change free of charge, Reference this email when you come in and we will take care of it.

2014 Hyundai Veloster
07/01/2019 Category: Service
Veloster repair
Bad communication. Poor AC repair.
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 07/03/2019

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.  I do apologize for the situation that we allowed to happen.  Your adviser Mark, will be contacting you to make arrangements for us to look at your a/c system again.  The compressor that we put in was provided by your warranty company and we need to recheck to make sure it is functioning the way it should. We will provide you a vehicle to drive as well while we are working on it at no charge to you.  I will also provide your next oil change free to charge for the miscommunication.  When you are due for your next oil change just reference this email and we will take care of it.

Michael B.
St. Louis, MO
2015 Hyundai Genesis
06/22/2019 Category: Service
Terrible service no communication
They did not look at the car on the day they said they would. They did not call to tell me that the timing had changed. When I tried to call them I could never reach anyone in the service department. Most infuriatingly, every time I called I would get shunted to a voicemail box that invited me to leave a message but didn't offer any opportunity to do so. It just kept playing the message over and over and over. My family was going on a road trip a couple of days later and there was absolutely no way for me to reach anyone in service.
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 06/24/2019

Thank you Michael for responding.  I do apologize for any inconvenience.

2019 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
06/16/2019 Category: Service
Two hours for a simple oil change
It's unacceptable waste 2 hours of a day waiting for a simple oil change.
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 06/19/2019

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.  I do apologize for any inconvenience.  If your vehicle is making a weird noise please return so we can investigate.  We will be more than happy to see what is going on.  As for your time in service, I reviewed your repair order and the opened and closed times are stamped by the computer.  Your repair order was opened at 3:27 and was closed by the cashier at 4:44. So only about 1hr and 15 min.  I know sometimes waiting in a room it can seem longer.  You also stated the restroom needed improvement, can you please provide some feedback for this concern.  I can be reached at john.norris@napleton.com. I would like to get to the bottom of your dissatisfaction so I can correct any issues in our procedures.

Christine M.
06/11/2019 Category: Service
??
??
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 06/12/2019

Thank you Christine for bringing this matter to my attention,  I do apologize for the inconvenience.  Although it is no excuse we have been having some phone issues with a couple phones in our service drive not accepting calls.  I would like to make it up to you by performing your next oil change free of charge.  Just reference this email when you arrive and we will take care of it. Once again I am truly sorry for the miscommunication.

KE
Kathy E.
2010 Hyundai Sonata
06/08/2019 Category: Service
Service is over priced.
I've been a customer with Hyundai since 2011. Unfortunately because of the higher prices currently, I will no longer do my business there
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 06/12/2019

Thank you Kathy for bringing this matter to my attention.  I do apologize if you feel our diagnostic fee is too high.  We do shop other dealers in the area and we are in the same range.  I am sure some independent shops may come in less but unfortunately they do not have as high of equipment and training costs the dealerships do. All that is in consideration when coming up with a fair price to charge a customer.

Granite City, IL
05/11/2019 Category: Service
Review
Emily G., Customer Relations Director from Napleton Hyundai responded on 05/15/2019

Thank you for your feedback. I will be reaching out shortly to discuss further!

Emily Garrison
Customer Relations Director
Napleton Hazelwood Hyundai
C: 314-600-2080
E: egarrison@napleton.com

05/02/2019
Terrible experience
My wife and I had one of the worst experiences at this dealership........

Where do I start? We were interested in the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL Plus 2.4 which was listed at 23,200. We began the negotiation process with a really nice salesman, but shortly after we started talking numbers this is where the experience became TERRIBLE. We filled out a credit form and waited for our trade in numbers to come back. Well, we all know we are going to get the lowest value on our trades, so i expected it......its the norm! They came back about 1500 under what Suntrup Hyundai offered me TODAY!

The next part is what this gentlemen below posted on 3/2/19……..He had the same experience, but he actually purchased

Purchased a vehicle a few months ago from here, Normal buying experience at first. Then once we finally got close to the right numbers the sales manager came out and told me there was nothing else he could do for numbers, they reached bottom dollar! Ok then let’s do this. Well then he found out I was already pre approved through my own bank and all I had to do was sign the check! My bank is not one that they use to swindle money from customers, Now that he had this information he changed his mind and all of the sudden I could get a significant amount more off the the price of the vehicle as long as I would sign with one of there lenders at a much higher interest rate. Very unprofessional way to handle business, lie right to the customer and then turn around and twist the truth.

Back to my experience………

The only difference was……we didn’t purchase the car…..couldn’t get to that point because they screwed with the final numbers because I wanted to use my credit union……I am pre-approved for 4.49 for 77 months…..their “super bank” had us at 7.5 %. The manager said that the only was he could make money was if we used their financing and if we didn’t? Well, our deal wasn’t going to be what was listed on the website. Crazy Huh? I am sick over this and plan on following up with someone above them. I should be able to get the price quoted online and finance with my CU. To put the icing on the cake……the guy behind the window sticking it to people…… told me that this is a one time offer and if I didn’t take it, then it wouldn’t be available ever again. He then proceeded to tell me how he was going to basically break even on the deal and he was doing me a favor.

TA
Tete A.
Brecknrdg Hls, MO
2014 Hyundai Elantra
05/02/2019 Category: Service
5 stars for thé awesome services. Problem was not correctly fixed the first time. But it for fixed at no cost the second time.

05/02/2019 Category: Service
N/A
N/A
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 05/04/2019

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.  I do apologize for the inconvenience.  I know you have returned with the vehicle and we corrected the connection issue with the bulb.  Brad has stated to me that you are willing to rescore this survey to a higher level.  We would appreciate that greatly.

AD
Alexander D.
MO
04/23/2019 Category: Service
Piss poor service
Piss poor service
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 04/26/2019

Thank you Alexander, we appreciate your feedback.  I do apologize for the inconvenience.

My wife and I had one of the worst experiences at this dealership........

Where do I start? We were interested in the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe SEL Plus 2.4 which was listed at 23,200. We began the negotiation process with a really nice salesman, but shortly after we started talking numbers this is where the experience became TERRIBLE. We filled out a credit form and waited for our trade in numbers to come back. Well, we all know we are going to get screwed on our trades, so i expected it......its the norm! They came back about 1500 under what Suntrup Hyundai offered me TODAY!

Back to my experience………

The only difference was……we didn’t purchase the car…..couldn’t get to that point because they screwed with the final numbers because I wanted to use my credit union……I am pre-approved for 4.49 for 77 months…..their “super bank” had us at 7.5 %. The manager said that the only was he could make money was if we used their financing and if we didn’t? Well, our deal wasn’t going to be what was listed on the website. Crazy Huh? I am sick over this and plan on following up with someone above them. I should be able to get the price quoted online and finance with my CU. To put the icing on the cake……the guy behind the window sticking it up peoples rear ends told me that this is a one time offer and if I didn’t take it, then it wouldn’t be available ever again. He then proceeded to tell me how he was going to basically break even on the deal and he was doing me a favor.

04/17/2019 Category: Service
Needs improvement.
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 04/26/2019

Thank you for your feedback, I do aplogize for the inconvenience.  There were added services performed that extended your original promise time.  You were informed at that time and gave your ok.  I am not sure why the time is an issue.

Joseph S.
03/29/2019 Category: Service
Last time I go here.
Took me three visits and them damaging my car to get warranty service.
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 04/04/2019

Thank you Joseph for bringing this matter to my attention.  I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Michael C.
03/22/2019 Category: Service
Rude and liars!
Worst dealership staff I have ever experienced
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 03/28/2019

Thank you for your feedback.  I do apologize for the miscommunication.
Napelton Hyundai

Murray B.
Ballwin, MO
03/22/2019 Category: Service
Poor Service
It took 3.5 hours for an oil change, tire rotation and Radio Software upgrade. Oil level was not full.
JOHN N. from Napleton Hyundai responded on 03/28/2019