04/20/2019 Category: Service
na
CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 04/22/2019

Good Morning;

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for choosing Northtowne to service your vehicle and also for taking the time to participate in this survey. Your input is very important to us and we are happy to have you as part of the Northtowne family! Thank you and have a Great Week!

CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 04/22/2019

My name is Chris Stroud and I am the Service Manager here at Norhttowne Hyundai. We try and address every singe customer's concerns and we did scan your car and found no fault codes. We can do a fuel mileage test on your vehicle. We would you fill up the car and bring it in to us and we would then go to gas startion and top off the vehicle again. We will drive 75 miles and then refill the vehicle back up and will see how much gas it takes to fill back up and divide by mileage driven to see how your fuel economy is.

04/13/2019 Category: Service
The people
Thanks for clearing something's up. But they need to look up people cars and see if they have warrants or things. Some tags comes off the keys rings. So they don't know,bit its take a few minutes just ask if the people do. But at the end of day. From services dept to the sell guys have a pleasant personality.

04/13/2019 Category: Service
N/A
N/A
CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 04/15/2019

Hello and good morning,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey.
It seems we failed you and we could have done a better job.
We do try out best to take care of every customer but sometimes we fail. I would like to give you a shop credit of $100.00 to use on whatever services you want.

Also, would you consider doing a survey rescore?

04/09/2019 Category: Service
Initially had a rough time getting service employees attention when arrived for scheduled appointment. Once things got underway the service was excellent. Management was very apologetic and accommodating when informed of the issue. Plan to return regularly based on excellent follow-up and customer service.

04/09/2019 Category: Service
Excellent buying experience, poor service department
Great when buying a car. Needs work in the service department.
CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 04/09/2019

Hello and good afternoon,

My name is Chris Stroud and I appreciate you taking the time to fill out the survey as we take every survey serious and we take time to read each one. I do apologize for you not being greeted immediately as we are usually on top of our game. Something must have happened that day and we failed you. I would like to give you your next oil change at no cost to you. I will add a note in out database so all of the service employees can see that information.

We will do our best every time we have your car to communication to the best of our ability and the lack of communication won't happen again.

Please let me know if this will work for you. Also, would you consider doing a rescore on the survey?

I look forward to hearing from you.

CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 04/23/2019

I will like to give you a $50.00 credit to use in the Service Dept, to purchase an accessory.

Kind Regards;

04/02/2019 Category: Service
Customer service needs work
I shouldn't leave a dealership wondering if work was really done on my car.
CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 04/02/2019

Hello and good Morning,

This is Chris here at Northtowne Hyundai and I appreciate you taking the time to fill out the survey. I am sorry we failed you on our communications as normally we are top notch. Sometimes it is very hard to keep up with the phones as we work through our growing pains I have added another person to help with communications. Is there anything I can do to maybe change your mind and give us another chance and do a rescore on the survey? I would be willing to help you out in any way i can.

Please let me know what I can do for you as I take every single survey serious.

Northtowne hyundai

CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 04/15/2019

Hello and good Morning,

Please let me know what I can do for you as I take every single survey serious.

Northtowne hyundai

LH
Lisa H.
2019 Hyundai Veloster
11/30/2018 Category: Service
Listen to the customer, fix the issue the first time, and provide a loaner vehicle
The title describes the service experience
CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 11/30/2018

Hello and good Morning;

This is Chris Stroud and I am the service manager here at Northtowne Hyundai. I am sorry for letting you down as we do try hard to take care of every single customer. If we don't get your car resolved today I will get a car to put you in. I will also do whatever it takes to make you happy.

2015 Hyundai Tucson
11/08/2018 Category: Service
Hyundai Service Desk needs an attitude adjustment
Rude and crude
CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 11/08/2018

Hello and good afternoon,

My name is Chris Stroud and I am the service manager here at Nothtowne Hyundai. I read every review that comes through and
I care very much about every single customer. What can I do to fix the service that was provided to you when you were in here with your Tucson?

Please let me know as I look forward to working with you.

CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 11/09/2018

Hello,

Chris Stroud here at Northtowne and I am the new service manager. I just read your comments. Sorry I didn't see them yesterday. I will do what it takes to take care of you. I will speak to the person that you worked with. I would like to take care of your next oil change. I will do whatever it takes to make you happy. If you have any questions please let me know.

Aimee B.
10/24/2018
Frustrated, but overall pleased
So recently my experience was very frustrating due to my car not being worked on for two days and then when it was, it took three more days that I didn't anticipate it taking. Chris S. of the dealer worked with me to refund me the money I had to spend on the rental that my husband and I had to use so that we could keep working while we were down a car. I really appreciated Northtowne Hyundai's effort to try and rectify some of my frustrating experience.

10/24/2018
Frustrating experience
So normally I have a great experience as I bring both my husband and my car to Northtowne, but this last time thru there were not enough techs available to even look at my car. I dropped it off on a Thurs, it was finally seen on Monday. Then the estimated work took much longer than expected because the tech had to stop working on my car to work on waiters....really??

Additionally, I was only offered a rental after I mentioned that we were having to rent a car while we were down a car. We ended up with a rental for 6 days.

Furthermore, there's a job indicated on my statement that although it was $0 it makes it seem like a key was cut and when I called and left a message inquiring about it, no one called me back to explain what it was for.

I was pleased that despite the bid being wrong I was not charged more than what was originally quoted to me, but still, I have never had such a frustrating experience.

In the future, if you cannot handle the workload you should just come straight out and recommend another business that can work on my vehicle instead of leaving customers stranded.

Very disappointed.
CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 10/24/2018

Hello and good afternoon,

My name is Chris Stroud and I am the Service Manger at Northtowne Hyundai. I appreciate you taking time to be completely honest with your feedback.  I can say that we make mistakes and I'm sorry that we weren't better at communicating with you. I don't want to lose your business. We try our hardest to prepare to handle any problems that may arise. What can I do for you to make this up to you? Please let me know.

Service Manger

CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 11/05/2018

Hello Aimee;
I just wanted to reach out to you and let you know that I really do appreciate you allowing me to help with your experience. I look forward to working with you in the future.
Have a wonderful day;

2014 Hyundai Veloster
09/06/2018 Category: Service
Service department lacking knowledge
My purchasing experience was good and I was impressed with the salesman. However, I would definitely not recommend servicing your vehicle at this location. For over a year I have been returning regularly to repair my air conditioning only to have it quit working within a week or two afterwards. Just recently were they finally able to diagnose the problem as a faulty evaporator. After picking it up last week, I now have water leaking out under my dashboard and accumulating on the floorboard. Returning again tomorrow for what I believe is the seventh time for the initial issue.
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 09/08/2018

Good morning;

I wanted to begin by thank you for choosing Northtowne to service your vehicle. Also, I would like to sincerely apologize for the multiple attempts to get your a/c functioning correctly. I had to make a change with a technician that previously diagnosed your vehicle as his standards were not in conformity with Northtownes' standards. I did get with your advisor and spoke with him on your concerns and he agreed that your initial fee should be reimbursed to you as a show of goodwill on our part and your advisor also stated that the current technician made the decision to install all-weather floor mats at his expense for an attempt of good faith. I thought this was an excellent decision by the technician and he will not be charged for the mats as I will absorb them to my department. We have maintained the highest of customer satisfaction scores in our district as our banners on the service drive show and they are traveling banners depending on the scores from all dealers throughout the district for the quarter. We are proud to say the banners have not moved in the 2 1/2 years I have been with the company so you can imagine my disappointment with a score such as this.

In closing, I would like to inform you that I will send out a check for your initial visit on Monday in the hopes that all of our efforts are a resolution in this matter to your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me at jayg@northtowneautogroup.com with your thoughts or my direct line is 816-468-2256 if you prefer  phone conversation. I do absolutely understand your frustration on this matter and for this I am truly sorry. After you receive this response and resolution, you will be getting a chance to rescore your survey on our response to your concern. Please rate us the highest score possible that you are comfortable with and we look forward to redeeming ourselves in the future. Thank you again and have a great weekend!

IC
Isaac C.
08/25/2018 Category: Service
Rescored
Jay reached out to me and let me know that he had provided coaching to the individuals and offered me free windshield wipers, since I had held off from getting new ones.
I appreciate him reaching out and am glad that he's working to make things right.

08/25/2018 Category: Service
Customer service needs improvement
Honestly, letting me know a time estimate would have been very helpful. It was frustrating to see not only all the customers before me but also almost all of them after me leave and my car still wasn’t done. My service member wasn’t at his desk for me to ask.
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 08/25/2018

Good morning;

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for choosing Northtowne to service your vehicle and also for taking the time to participate in this survey. Your input is very important to us and we are happy to have you as part of the Northtowne family! I am sorry to read that we did not meet or exceed your expectations on your most recent visit. You are correct that an oil and filter change and a tire rotation should take less than an hour. Most of the time, we achieve these services in under 45 minutes. We are best known for our speed and thoroughness and it seems we have failed you in these aspects. For this we are truly sorry. I do not know the circumstances that surrounded your visit as it is Saturday and I am off today, but I assure you I will inquire on Monday to it's entirety and get back with you. We do value your time and I am sincerely sorry for your inconvenience. I want to thank you again for choosing Northtowne and have a great weekend!

JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 08/27/2018

Good morning,

As promised, I inquired this morning on the length of time it took to complete the service on your vehicle. I also reiterated to your advisor the importance of giving a time estimate for completion for every customer, every time. No matter if he had went to lunch in the meantime, or we were overwhelmed at the time in the shop, you should have been communicated with and I am sincerely sorry again for the lack of communication. I see you have prepaid maintenance on your vehicle so a complimentary oil and filter change on your next visit won't do you much good. Please get back with me on your thoughts of how we can make it up to you. This is not normally how we operate and I am sorry you fell victim to our shortcomings. We would like the opportunity to redeem ourselves and invite you back on your next service. We are aware you have a choice when it comes to dealerships and we would like it to be Northtowne.

If this resolution is to your satisfaction, I would like to invite you to rescore us on our attempt to make it right with the highest score you are comfortable with. We hold the #1 spot in the district for customer satisfaction for treating our customers right and we would like to keep it that way. Please feel free to reach out to me at jayg@northtowneautogroup.com or my direct line is 816-468-2256 if you prefer a phone conversation. I look forward to hearing from you and have a great week!

JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 08/31/2018

Good afternoon;

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for the kind rescore. It really means a lot to the store and I am happy we were able to accomodate you for your next visit on the wiper blades.

TW
Tom W.
06/09/2018 Category: Service
Questionable intregity.
Questionable honesty.
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 06/10/2018

Good afternoon;

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for choosing Northtowne to service your vehicle and also for taking the time to participate in this survey. Your input is very important to us and we are happy to have you as part of the Northtowne family! I do understand your disappointment in the time it took for your vehicle to be done as I am well aware of the back-ordered engines for the elantra. For this, I am sincerely sorry. As for the brakes on your vehicle, I do not have access here from home to pull your file but I will research this tomorrow. Northtowne Hyundai has been the leader in customer service in not only the Kansas City area but also the whole district for years including the areas of Nebraska and Kansas. There is a traveling banner for the highest customer service index each quarter that hasn't traveled in quite some time so when a survey comes across like this, I take it quite seriously. As stated above, I will investigate this brake issue in it's entirety and I will be getting back with you. Thank you again for your input and I will be in touch soon.

WR
Wilfredo R.
Fort Leavenworth, KS
2007 Hyundai Tucson
05/25/2018 Category: Service
Incompetent and careless
It should not have to go directly to the manager to get the service. The employees on the floor do not know what they were doing. The worst service I have received from a Hyundai service station.
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 05/27/2018

Good afternoon;

I wanted to take a moment to apologize once again for the issues we had during your visit. I do understand your disappointment and frustration with what occured and yes, it just takes a little of thinking outside of the box to find a solution in which we failed to do on your visit until it got to me. For this, I am sincerely sorry and I am glad we found a way to complete your recall while you were there. Have a great weekend and feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this further.

12/30/2017 Category: Service
Slow service
Most places take only half an hour for oil change

Time before it took 2hours for oil change
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 12/31/2017

Good morning;

Thank you for choosing Northtowne to service your vehicle and also for taking the time to complete this survey. I am disappointed to read that you were not completely satisfied with your visit. I will look into this on Tuesday after the holiday and get with your advisor. We are best known for our speed and thoroughness so I will investigate this to it's entirety.

Again, thank you for your input and have a great New Year!

MJ
Michael J.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
08/16/2017 Category: Service
Caught in the middle
There seems to be a disconnect from talking on the phone, to actually what happens when you get there. I set up an appointment a week in advance to avoid chaos, but had issues throughout the entire process.
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 08/19/2017

Good morning;

First and foremost, thank you. Thank you for choosing Northtowne to service your vehicle and also for taking the time to participate in this survey. After reviewing your response, I will have to definitely agree there there was a disconnect somewhere in the process of the appointment scheduled and arriving at the dealership. I am not going to say that things don't happen from time to time but this is a first when comes to this kind of chaos and I wanted to express to you my sincerest apologies. We never want a customer to dread coming in to our service department. We have recently been awarded the highest in customer satisfaction in our region again and we are in the top ten in the country and we would like to keep it that way. Somehow you have fallen victim to our shortcomings and I am sincerely sorry. Most of our customers look forward to coming in and seeing Bobby and Phil who have been there almost forever and the customers have crashed into my office and called me on the phone just to tell me about their superior customer service. So you can imagine my disappointment when I read a survey such as this as we don't get surveys like this. I do appreciate you putting some gas in the loaner as that should have been done before we loaned it to you and it should have been streamlined to get your money back to you. I will also have a discussion with the receptionist on handling situations like this and address her rudeness.

As far as the loaner cars, we only have 11 in our fleet so we can't loan them out for every oil change so I am sorry you were misguided in thinking so. If a service requires three hours or more, we do our best to accommodate the customer. We also understand that circumstances come up and we make the exceptions necessary to help out. A standard service usually takes around 45 minutes and depending on the technician, a half an hour.

In closing, I would like to thank you again for your input as it is very important to us and I would like to invite you back to our dealership to give us another opportunity in obtaining your trust and complete satisfaction. I would also like to offer you a generous discount on your next service for all of the turmoil you have been put through. And regarding this survey, I see that you were satisfied with John's performance and this survey is actually his grade card as he was the advisor that wrote you up. I will also address this survey with Bobby to prevent this from happening again. As part of this low score survey process, hyundai will request a re-score to verify that your complaint was resolved to your satisfaction. As this is John's survey and assuming you are satisfied with the end result, I also invite you to re-score John on his efforts and also my efforts to resolve these issues. Thank you again for your input and the time to voice your complaints and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Feel free to write back with your thoughts or contact me directly at 816-468-2256 if you prefer a phone conversation.

SP
Spencer P.
07/23/2017 Category: Service
Always behind & in a hurry
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 07/25/2017

Good Morning;

First and foremost, thank you. Thank you for choosing Northtowne to service your vehicle and also for participating in this survey. I am so sorry to read that there was oil left on your engine and was not cleaned off. I would like to invite you back so we can get this cleaned up for you as we do not get surveys like this. We have been #1 in our region and in the top 10 in the country for quite some time and I would like to address this with the technician so we can stay that way. Again, I am truly sorry and feel free to contact me at jayg@northtowneautogroup.com or my direct line is 816-468-2256 if you prefer a phone conversation. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Monte B.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
06/14/2017 Category: Service
Handled
The final result of my service visit was handled very well and professionally. I am very satisfied with the way things were handled and have no issues with the result. Thank you.

06/14/2017 Category: Service
The customer service people and the Service Manager are very good and professional, and are always friendly, which is a good thing.
Like I said earlier, I can't give this survey a good rating based on this visit, not being extremely knowledgeable about car repairs - my car should not have had the issue it had shortly after I picked it up if it was done right the first time. On the other hand, the issue was handled efficiently, fairly, and professionally - which was very much appreciated.
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 06/18/2017

Thank you so much for the review! And most of all for being the best part of the Northtowne Hyundai Family. As the Service Manager who assisted you with your issue after the repair, I wanted to tell you again how sorry I am that this happened to you just after you picked up your vehicle. Let me know if I can assist in any way in the future.

We take our customer satisifaction surveys quite seriously and if the final result is to your satisfaction, I would like to invite you to rescore us on our response to your issue. I want to thank you once again and I hope this restores your faith in Northtowne Hyundai.