Overall Rating 4.4666693/5Overall Rating 4.4666693/5Overall Rating 4.4666693/5Overall Rating 4.4666693/5rating 4.4666693
Overall Rating 2.1666707/5Overall Rating 2.1666707/5rating 2.1666707rating 2.1666707rating 2.1666707

DJ
Denise J.
2015 Hyundai Veloster
08/12/2019 Category: Service
Absolutely horrible. And I'm an ASE, A&P, EOD certified technician.
Do not buy a Hyundai.
CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 08/13/2019

Good AFternoon,

Thanks for taking time to fill out the survey. I am sorry things aren't going well with your car. Our techs have to follow what
techline makes us do under certain circumstances. We don't want a customer to return with recurring problems. I show we had you set up to drop your car off this morning.

If there is something I can do for you please let me know.

Lonnie S.
01/29/2019 Category: Service

01/29/2019 Category: Service
Seat belt confusion.
I have been informed of the shipping problems and realize the problem was beyond Chris’s control. He has been pursuing the problem and I’m sure he will find a resolution soon. I do hope for better communication in the future.
CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 01/30/2019

Hello and good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. I'm sorry things went the way they did. We have had some major shipping problems with Hyundai's delivery company. Our orders were delivered to another dealer in Iowa. We will do what it takes to make you happy.

01/18/2019 Category: Service
Poor
Poor
CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 01/21/2019

Good Afternoon,

Chris Stroud here, thanks for taking the time to fill out the survey. I sent you a message in order to find out what we can do to help remedy your frustration.

Mason H.
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
12/14/2018 Category: Service
Should’ve bought a chevy
Mad at myself for buying a maintenance plan that seemingly doesn’t pay for anything. Why buy a policy that when ur vehicle needs maintanence nothing is covered. I should’ve listened to any of my friends that are car salesmen and bought something else. So disappointed I listened to my family. Honestly can’t say enough bad things...
CHRIS S., service manager from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 12/17/2018

Hello and good afternoon,

My Name is Chris Stroud and I am the Service Manager here at Northtowne Hyundai. First off, I'd like to apologize for the maintenance plan that doesn't cover a lot of items that you thought it did. When we file a maintenance claim, we have to follow what the plan says it cover and at what mileage interval.
I would like to credit you back $88.80. I hope this helps and we will work hard for you in the future to you in any way we can. Please respond back to me if you are ok with this.

Kind regards,

Dee B.
Excelsior Springs, MO
03/14/2018 Category: Service
If you want to have a 2 plus Hour Wait For your oil change... Make Sure You Schedule It at NorthTown Hyundai , Gladstone ,. Mo
The poorest of poor experience. Dip Stick was discovered to be left out.
2 hours 10 minutes for simple oil and filter change....The excuse for all was he's new their new..."Every body's new.
Guess what, when i asked to speak to the manager...Response " He does not work on Saturday's. Their service hours are 8:00 Am until 1:00Pm.

Truly a pitiful and shameful experience. Especially in the service performance of the Hyundai Dealership .I would have been better off to go to WalMart. I believe at this point it would have been quicker and far cheaper plus i would not have been told no manager on duty on Saturdays. Oh i forgot Walmart has Sunday Service Hours.
I will not be back!!!!!
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 03/17/2018

Good morning;

First and foremost, I am sorry to read that you had a terrible experience on your last visit. I was briefed by your advisor and I have also met with the technician that performed your service last Saturday. Our Saturday schedule has always been seamless up to this point and it does seem that we did fail you on the timeliness and thoroughness of your service that we are best know for. We have the highest customer satisfaction rating in our region and we are the 8th highest in the country so you can definitely imagine my disappointment when reading a review such as this. I reviewed your repair oder also and found that it was incomplete with no tire pressures present but other wise filled out correctly. I did review the Multi-point inspection with the new technician and reiterated the importance of filling it out completely so the advisor may inform the customer. He stated the tire pressures were checked and corrected but he did forget to to put the reading on the sheet. I also explained to the advisor the importance of keeping the customer updated on the work especially if he sees we are running behind and it is going to take longer than the customer's expectations. On your point of a manager on duty, when I am not present on a Saturday, there are multiple managers on duty to speak with and I addressed this issue with the cashier. There is always a manager there to discuss any issue a customer might have. I do agree that over two hours for an oil change is not acceptable and should have been handled in a different manner. For this I am again sincerely sorry. I also discussed with your advisor that in this situation, the customer should have not had to pay for this service for your inconvenience. Saying that, as it may not be much conciliation, I will be issuing you a refund for your service and again, our sincerest apologies. I can definitely understand the disappointment and frustration from your visit  and I can only hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves. No matter if both the advisor and the tech were somewhat new to the dealership, a simple oil change should have been a seamless process as it always is.

In closing, I would like to invite you to contact me to further discuss this matter if you wish by email at jayg@northtowneautogroup.com or my direct line at 816.468.2256 if you prefer a phone conversation.

CP
Christopher P.
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
02/02/2018 Category: Service
Incomplete repair
Let's see if they repaired my vehicle correctly this time.
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 02/02/2018

Good evening;

I have reviewed your survey and I wanted to respond to you as soon as I could. We do not get surveys like this and I can guarantee you I will research this issue to it's entirety. I will get the full details from the technician and your advisor on Monday and get back with you as soon as I have compiled all of the information. I do know that you are a great customer of ours and I want you to be assured that I am here to help. I will be sure to get all of the details and though I have no control over parts pricing, I will check into that also. I look forward to speaking with you on Monday.

JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 02/12/2018

Good evening Chris,

My Hyundai rep. was here today and we reviewed you case together. I would like for you to call me at your convenience tomorrow and I can explain what we can try to do. I look forward to speaking with you.

CV
Cheryl V.
Atchison, KS
2012 Hyundai Tucson
11/29/2017 Category: Service
Bad Review
I feel like I have been taken advantage of - wasn't told the truth related to the mileage - now I have to jump through multiple hoops to get the mileage check and wasn't informed of a recall for my car until I arrived to have the mileage looked at which was over a 2 hour drive. Very Frustrating
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 11/30/2017

Good evening;

I am sorry to read that you feel you have been taken advantage of regarding your recent service visit. I have met with your advisor and he has been trying to contact you for further information to try to find a resolve. At your convenience, please call James at 816-468-2252. We do not get survey responses like this and we take them quite seriously as we have been number 1 in customer satisfaction in the region for quite some time. Again, we are sincerely sorry for the mishap and would like the chance to follow up with you. We hope to her from you soon.

With Best Regards,

AW
Amanda W.
10/17/2017
Not Satisfied.
Sal the Sales Manage offered me $100 to get my car painted and the glass removed. He has yet to apologize for the inconvenience or the danger that glass has caused me and my family. I'm so afraid that a child will eat the glass that escapes from the space between the trunk and backseat. I refused this offer, because I want the glass removed and the paint fixed. The dealership in Glendale, CA after I made contact with them said they were to look at the car and decide if they could fix it. There is no guarantee that the glass will be removed or the paint fixed. This issue will not be resolved until the car is fixed properly.
This is poor quality control within the dealership. I have the Work Order from the dealership: RO 701848. Why is ok for the Northtowne Dealership to replace the smashed back window, but leave the glass in the SUV where it is hidden from a buyer. Then claim to me that they never replaced the window. I had to call the Hyundai Corporation and file a complaint to get proof that the dealership had lied and did in fact replace the window at their Service Department. Jay, as a Service Manager, you should be embarrassed by this lack of quality of service on a brand new car.

10/17/2017
Difficult Dealership to get Problems Fixed
Let me start by saying, I never write reviews. I give this dealership and their management a ZERO! I bought a brand new 2017 Santa Fe Ultimate Sport from this dealership. After several months of driving my NEW car, I had fruit roll between the backseat and trunk space. Upon retrieval of this fruit, I found handfuls of glass in the car! Not only did I cut myself, but it scratched the back of my bumper when a piece of glass got lodged in my luggage wheel that I didn't know was there. I immediately called this dealership and spoke with the sales manager SAL. He assured me that the back window had never been broken. So I called Hyundai Corporation and they give me the Repair Order number that the Northtowne Hyundai had for fixing the back window. So now I have glass and a huge scratch in my bumper, because of this Northtowne Hyundai Dealership and they can't help me get it fixed!
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 10/17/2017

Good afternoon Amanda;

I have read your review and I have spoken with the New Car Sales Manager, Sal. I was actually in his office when he was on the phone with the dealership in California and also when he followed up with you. I understand your frustration and you have our sincere apologies and I also understand Sal has made all of the arrangements to get your vehicle cleaned and the bumper fixed. I am also truly sorry it has taken this amount of time for you to get a resolution for your issues from us. This is not normal practice as we have the highest rated customer satisfaction in the region and stand very proud of it. Feel free to reach out to us after the work is completed.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Mark W.
08/16/2017 Category: Service
Staff not knowledgeable. Poor service
Staff plays ignorant to problems regarding problems with exceleration on the sant fe! Even though the National highway safety administration has had hundreds of complaints
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 08/19/2017

Good afternoon;

I am sorry to read that you believe we are ignorant about the "acceleration" issues with your Santa Fe and that the customer service we provided was poor. I personally spent a lot of time with your concerns and I assure you I am not ignorant of the issues you seem to be having with your vehicle.  We are guided by the manufacturer and if you are still having the same issues after the last updates we performed, I haven't heard about it. The next step would be to contact Hyundai and get another case started and proceed from there. I am sorry you may still be having issues and I will help in any way i can with the resources I have available to me and my staff. Have a good day.

08/01/2017 Category: Service
Forgot about it
The tech on the next day did work hard to make the situation right. Still required a 3rd trip up later in the day to get my car.
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 08/04/2017

Good morning;

I wanted to take a moment and express to you our sincerest apologies for your inconvenience with us misplacing your repair order and not performing your service. I have discussed this with your advisor and he felt quite terrible about the incident. I can assure you this is a very rare occasion that this takes place and I would like the opportunity to make it up to you. We maintain the highest in customer satisfaction in our region and we have for quite some time now and it is very important to our team and dealership that it stays that way. Saying that, please accept your next 15,000 mile service on us! It includes:

15K/45K/75K MILES

Add Oil Conditioner
Multi Point Inspection
Add Fuel Additive
Check / Top Off Fluids
Check / Adjust Tire Pressure
Rotate Tires
Replace Cabin Air Filter

This service regularly costs $149.95 and we would be more than happy to perform this service (on time) for you at no charge.

In closing, I want to tell you how sorry I am again and if you are satisfied with this resolution, I would like to ask of you to rescore us on the response of this occurrence. I would greatly appreciate it. Feel free to reach out to me at jayg@northtowneautogroup.com or 816-468-2256 if you prefer a phone conversation. Have a great day!

OK
Olin K.
2007 HYUNDAI SONATA
11/03/2016 Category: Service
Misdiagnosis
Will never trust a car dealership again. Was told by he reps at the dealership that my car needed a brand new engine and that my car was pretty much gone. They advised me I would need a new car or engine. I took my car and got it looked at by three other places and they all stayed nothing was wrong with my engine. A simple $900 job somewhere else while Hyaundai tell me $5600.00 for a used part. I will definitely be making a corporate complaint. It makes me honestly question the other work they did to my car especially with this miscellaneous burning smell they so called fixed three times yet it's still doing the same thing. Never trust a car dealership.
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 11/10/2016

Hi Olin;

Thank you for participating in this survey. Per your comments, I see you are not satisfied with our diagnosis. I have reviewed your repair order and I am curious what the other shop's diagnosis was and if they had to tear the engine down to find the problem. I take these surveys quite seriously as we have the best customer satisfaction rating in our region and we have maintained that standing for quite some time. So you can imagine my disappointment when I read a survey such as this one. If you would do me the favor of giving me the other shop's diagnosis it would help me in ensuring that all steps were taken to give you an accurate diagnosis and I can get back with our technician. Please feel free to email me back at jayg@northtowneautogroup.com or my direct line is 816-468-2256 if you prefer a phone conversation. If you receive my voice mail, please leave a message and I will get back to you soon.

Again, thank you for your business and for this survey and I look forward hearing from you soon.

Carl S.
Lake Waukomis, MO
09/08/2016 Category: Service
Problem resolved
Our 2017 Santa Fe Sport was returned to the dealership for repair. It did take a phone call to the service dept on the first day to find out the status but on subsequent days the update was initiated by the service department. We are confident in the quality of the repair work and still love our new Santa Fe.

09/08/2016 Category: Service
Problem not resolved
Fuel tank gauge inaccuracy still the same after having the car for 3 days (1.5 to get parts).
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 09/08/2016

Hi Carl;

First and foremost, thank you. Thank you for choosing us to service your vehicle and also for participating in this survey. Per your survey response, I have touched base with your advisor, James, and he has explained the miscommunication on our part and his thinking at the time that your vehicle was actually ready to go. We want to sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and your expectation of after being here for three days, your vehicle should have been repaired. For this I am sincerely sorry. James has also told me that he was able to reach you and that you are bringing your vehicle back to us this Sunday. I would like to offer you, with our compliments, your next service on us for your inconvenience and for your understanding.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to communicate about this further at jayg@northtowneautogroup.com or my direct line is 816-468-2256 if you prefer a phone conversation.

NM
null M.
2007 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
08/02/2016 Category: Service
service department
Very disappointed
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 08/04/2016

Good morning;

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your business and also for participating in this survey. Per your survey, I see you were not completely satisfied with your visit. I haven't had a chance to talk with your advisor yet, but I wanted to take a moment to respond to your survey. I will get with the advisor and get back with you shortly.

Thank you.

Denver, CO
07/26/2016 Category: Service
Interior of car delivered was clean but car returned was dirty
Driver side floor mat covered in oily dirt and sand.
JASEN G., SERVICE MANAGER from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 07/27/2016

Dear Sir;

First and foremost, thank you. Thank you for choosing Northtowne to service your vehicle and for participating in this survey. We value your input. I also wanted to sincerely apologize for the condition of your vehicle upon returning it to you. We are a top rated dealer for customer satisfaction and we take great pride in the work we perform and the customer service we relay. I see you have an out-of-state address or I would offer to pick up your vehicle, leave you a loaner, and clean up the interior for you. I don't know if you're in town often, but if you would respond to this response, I would greatly appreciate it. If by chance you are not coming back to town, I would like to offer that you get the vehicle cleaned back up and I will be more than happy to reimburse you for our shortcomings. I anxiously await your response.

Michael M.
2000 Hyundai Sonata
07/15/2016 Category: Service
I already expressed how unhappy I am with my last service experience with Northtowne in the comments.
Bad! Won't be back. I believe my vehicle was tampered with and caused me an expensive repair!
NEAL W., E-Commerce Director from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 07/18/2016

Michael,

It's very concerning to hear you had an issue after an oil change. Rest assured that as a family owned local dealer group we would not permit any kind of acts to do anything to your vehicle to get it back in so you could spend more money to repair it. I spoke with Bobby and he feels horrible as you are a very good customer of his and Northtowne. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance to help with this leak issue. Feel free to call me direct.

05/17/2016 Category: Service
Terrible Customer Service
It took three times to fix my car. Nothing was done for my inconvenience.
NEAL W., E-Commerce Director from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 05/20/2016

It is most disheartening to hear a situation like this has happened. I have involved the owner and Aron has called and left you a message. Please return his call or call my cell and let us know what we can do to rectify this situation. All of our customers are very valuable to us and I apologize for and ill treatment you may have received. Please contact Aron or I.

Curtis W.
05/16/2016 Category: Service
Happy to take sloppy seconds...
Get it in writing and check the work completed.
NEAL W., E-Commerce Director from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 05/17/2016

Curtis, Sorry to hear you had an experience like this here at Northtowne. It appears over the past couple of visits that someone may have mis read your tire depth and we do admit to this mistake. However it has never been a service policy to rotate the tires for free with each oil change. Every once in a while there might be a coupon for such a thing on our web site. And while we appreciate every review we get there is no need to use some of the verbiage contained in yours. Thank you for your time.

PM
Pam M.
09/09/2015 Category: Service
Used car is a money pit
Bought a 2011 Elantra in April, has 3 major issues and of course no warranty. By rights, the dealership should be responsible for engine since they put one in ours from another car. All 4 tires need replaced.... Horrible way to do business
NEAL W., E-Commerce Director from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 09/15/2015

We have spoken with all parties involved and we are sorry for the issues you are having. You must understand that it is not typical business to cover the cost on a vehicles repairs for a customer past a certain point. In fact one of the employees has helped you with money out of his own pocket to be of assistance. As you can see by the history of our reviews we are not dishonorable to any of out customers and we always do what is best for them including trying to help with cost. We regret your issues and have tried to help as best we could.

JJ
Julia J.
2013 HYUNDAI SONATA
08/07/2015 Category: Service
Hood not closed after oil change
The hood of my car was not shut properly and it was causing my car not to lock properly. My key fob was not blinking when I went to lock my car and I didn't know why so when I was driving down the high way I noticed my hood was moving and was not properly latched. I stopped my car and closed my hood. This could have caused me to wreck my car and/or damaged my hood or windshield had my hood disengaged.
NEAL W., E-Commerce Director from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 08/07/2015

Julia,

We sincerly regret and apologise that this incedent happened and your hood latch was not secured properly. When you were in and had the oil change done it is most definately our oversight that it was not closed all the way. The Team here in sales and service wish to keep you as part of the Northtowne family. I have spoken to the service Manager Jeff Hudson and also your salesman, Adam Quint. We would like to offer to cover the cost of your next 3 Oil changes here at Northtowne Hyundai.

Please accept our apologies for this mistake and if you are okay with us taking care of your next 3 Oil changes please let me know so I can have the service manager mark this in your file so there is no confusion when you come in.

Again, please accept our apologies and we are so glad that nothing bad happened to yourself or your Hyundai.

Give us another chance!

TONY M.
Gladstone, MO
2011 Hyundai Genesis
04/08/2015 Category: Service
Resubmitted review
I have been a customer for 3 years and always get my service at Northtowne for my 2011 Genesis. I was on time for my 8:00 appointment but after 1 1/2 hour wait, for an oil change/ tire rotation/ wiper blades replaced, cabin filter, and warranty recall backup light, I had to find my assistant service manager Josh as to why it was taking so long. I thought I had enough time to get to work by 10:00. He was able to secure a ride for me and I did get to work on time, and later called me and had my car brought to the hospital with my paperwork of service. I was very pleased with this assistance, but felt that in the future keeping the customer informed of the progress of service with anything over an hour should be standard practice..

04/08/2015 Category: Service
*** Close to me and friendly but....
The waiting area is in a high traffic area between the show room, offices and the service area. Lots of noise and traffic. Only coffee available. My wife's Honda showroom waiting area has rolls, donuts, juice/ coffee's etc. and other waiting areas I have been told provide full meals to eat while waiting and an attendant to assist. Something to think about...but someone has to pay for this type of services. :) After an 1 1/2 hour I had to check to see what was the delay as I had to be at work by 10:00. A service/driver was provided to get me to work and then my car was delivered later at work.
NEAL W., E-Commerce Director from Northtowne Hyundai responded on 04/09/2015

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review about your recent visit to our service department. We are certainly sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your recent experience. Like our service and sales department, our lounge is occasionally a high traffic area. We apologize that our lounge and refreshments did not meet your expectations. We have chosen to keep prices low and only offer fresh coffee. We hoped that delivering your car back to you at your place of business would have merited better than a 1 star rating. We know you have choices and we appreciate you choosing Northtowne for your service needs. We hope your next experience meets expactations better.