Overall Rating 1.6666667/5rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667

KJ
KRISTEN J.
11/13/2018
Fast Reliable Service, Great Mechanics
I moved here 2 years ago and have been going here since. They are quick, friendly, reliable, and do great work. They strive on making the customers feel comfortable and safe in their vehicles. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Thanks guys!

Miles G.
Nissan Frontier
11/08/2018 Category: Service
Miles said he liked going to this local business, they did good work.

Volkswagen GTI
11/06/2018
Tire swap
Good place to swap tires. They have a touchless machine which doesn’t mark up your rims.

Mariah H.
Nissan Sentra
11/02/2018 Category: Service
Mariah said the staff was really friendly, they're timely, fast and super accommodating.

HC
HOWARD C.
10/31/2018
Notch Road Auto Repair is integrity personified.
The vehicle service for myself, my family and friends that have been helped by Notch Road Auto Repair is
reliable, honest, considerate, thorough and friendly.

CG
Chris G.
Mercury Mountaineer
10/31/2018 Category: Service
Chris said it was hard to get him in for an appointment. Once he got in they did a good job, the turn around was quick and the staff were helpful.

Mike B.
10/31/2018 Category: Service
Mike said that they do what they say they're going to do and get it done. They come out under the estimated price.

Chris B.
10/27/2018 Category: Service
Chris said the staff was excellent and they were easy to work with.

EB
ERIC B.
Waterville, VT
Subaru Legacy
10/24/2018
All around great shop
From the basic maintenance to the more complicated repairs Notch Road Auto always provides top notch service at a reasonable price. I can trust that they will repair what is necessary and notify me of upcoming issues ahead of time.

CANDACE B.
Subaru XV Crosstrek
10/19/2018
Same day appointment and took less time than expected for the oil change. Fast service great staff and courteous

JACK F.
10/19/2018
They are the best
Love Dan and his crew they make it easy for people that have busy schedule

GF
George F.
Underhill Center, VT
Mercedes-Benz ML320
10/18/2018 Category: Service
George said the business does good work with reasonable prices. They are a no nonsense business.

Ryan W.
Nissan Frontier
10/16/2018 Category: Service
Ryan said the employees were fast. Their prices were fair. He was pleased.

PR
PAUL R.
10/13/2018
Reliable and honest service- highly recommend.
Dan W. from Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 10/15/2018

Thank you for being a loyal customer!

Dave W.
10/12/2018 Category: Service
Dave said this business has been very good to him, even though this time they could not locate the problem.

Andreau M.
10/12/2018 Category: Service
Andreau said that the place has very helpful staff. He's been going there for quite awhile.

NG
Nicole G.
Johnson, VT
10/11/2018
Highly recommended
Notch road auto got my truck in right away each time I needed it work on. They were reasonable with their pricing compared to others around iand do great work. They are trustworthy and great with communicating with customers. I would reccomend them to anyone.
Dan W. from Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 10/15/2018

Thank you Nicole, it was a pleasure working with you.

EC
Erika C.
Johnson, VT
Honda Civic Cpe
10/09/2018 Category: Service
Erika said that she just loves this business. It was her fourth visit and she highly recommends them for service.

RE
RAY E.
10/05/2018
"Not Thorough"
Called and asked if we could remedy the situation and told that they would contact me when the owner returned.
That was at least two weeks ago.

10/05/2018
"Not Thorough"
Quote from the owner. "The guy who worked on your truck does not work here anymore"
I asked "Did you have a problem with him?"
He replied, "yes, he was not thorough"

First brought in vehicle just to have it checked out and when I purchased the tuck I was aware that it may need transmission.
Also was interested in inspection.
Quotes were given for transmission and finally told that ball joint needed for inspection.
Previous service log provided showed new ball joint 9/2017.
Ball joint installed. Invoice indicated "DOES NOT include alignment" ($313.49) Wife picked up vehicle. Steering was now out of whack. When I drove it I thought maybe it needs alignment.
Brought vehicle back in for alignment($92.85)
Steering still out of whack. Returned for check out.
Now told vehicle needs steering rack, struts and springs.... okay it has 165000 miles. Installed new steering rack, struts, springs. ($1147.23).
Picked up vehicle, drove and heard loud single prop airplane sound. I though, maybe the tires are just wearing were they had not before.
After the sound was consistent I brought vehicle back in.
This is the point at which the owner indicated "the service tech that worked on your vehicle does not work here anymore"
He assured me that he would personally check out the the sound.
he thought is was coming from the rear and I thought it was coming from the front.
Told that vehicle needed Wavy washer in rear which could only be obtained through Ford.
Okay... put in the wavy washer ($735.57).
When I picked up vehicle I was told by tech that "owner drove vehicle and rear noise is gone but there is still noise in front, likely needs wheel bearing"
When I drove I noted that it was the same sound I had originally heard after service for rack,struts.spring.
Returned to shop and asked if they would remedy by installing wheel bearing.
Owner on vactation all week but
They said yes. I would purchase bearing and they would install (no labor). Estimate $350
Purchased bearing at Napa ($175). Told by tech that I needed to purchase bearing through them.

Not a fireman or state police man or rescue team member or town official.
Likely, losing my business will not be an issue.
Dan W. from Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 10/11/2018

Ray, the truck you purchased from an auction had 165,000 miles on it, and was previously owned by a lumber company. It was clear it hadn't been maintained or serviced. We were very straight forward with you, when you came in for an inspection. We diagnosed the transmission noise you were hearing, and you DECLINED the repair. We replaced a ball joint on the right front lower, this did not include the alignment due to a ball joint being installed on the lower control arm is less likely to change any alignment adjustments. You came back with a steering concern and we found the electronic steering rack had an internal issue with one of the electric motors. We found one front coil spring broken at the very top which could have happened at anytime. Again YOU did not want to spend much money, so we found you a used electronic steering rack, and recommended both front struts and coil springs be replaced. We did the repairs and the truck was good to go, then u return with a humming noise that was never mentioned from the beginning. I personally checked out the noise, with my other empoyees and the wheel bearings were not loose but when we would drive the vehicle on the lift (we call it air driving) we could hear noises coming from every where. No loose wheel bearings, but possibly a left front wheel bearing making noise, but something from the rear end was making a terrible noise. Advised you that we would need to disassemble the rear end to see what’s going on, you agreed and we took it apart finding a wave plate washer for the side carrier bearings broken and floating around. The rear end housing, got you a price and did the repair. Now with my experience if I had ignored the noise in the rear end it would have cost you thousands of dollars when that rear end blew up due to the broken wave plate washer. This repair in its self was a priority, the wheel bearing yes I acknowledged the noise but prioritize the repairs needed. I think it is unfair for the review you have given us, I understand your frustration but you have to understand you bought a used truck from a auction with multiple problems and noises and high mileage, wanting to address every single noise is very hard to do and can be very expensive. My tech did call me about the wheel bearing and I agreed to install one at no charge , if you paid for the bearing, as far as you purchasing the bearing through us it for two reasons, one is quality of the product and two is the warranty of the part and the repair, yes anyone can walk into a parts store and purchase there own part, but I’ll have to tell you $175 for a wheel bearing is a low grade quality bearing with no warranty. If that’s the type of repair you want, that’s fine with me, but I’m all about quality of the parts and the warranty.

BV
Ben V.
Cambridge, VT
Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
09/29/2018 Category: Service
Ben said they came and got his vehicle. The business fixed it, and they have really good service.
Dan W. from Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 10/15/2018

Ben as always it’s a pleasure doing business with you! Thank you