Overall Rating 1.6666667/5rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667

RE
RAY E.
10/05/2018
"Not Thorough"
Called and asked if we could remedy the situation and told that they would contact me when the owner returned.
That was at least two weeks ago.

10/05/2018
"Not Thorough"
Quote from the owner. "The guy who worked on your truck does not work here anymore"
I asked "Did you have a problem with him?"
He replied, "yes, he was not thorough"

First brought in vehicle just to have it checked out and when I purchased the tuck I was aware that it may need transmission.
Also was interested in inspection.
Quotes were given for transmission and finally told that ball joint needed for inspection.
Previous service log provided showed new ball joint 9/2017.
Ball joint installed. Invoice indicated "DOES NOT include alignment" ($313.49) Wife picked up vehicle. Steering was now out of whack. When I drove it I thought maybe it needs alignment.
Brought vehicle back in for alignment($92.85)
Steering still out of whack. Returned for check out.
Now told vehicle needs steering rack, struts and springs.... okay it has 165000 miles. Installed new steering rack, struts, springs. ($1147.23).
Picked up vehicle, drove and heard loud single prop airplane sound. I though, maybe the tires are just wearing were they had not before.
After the sound was consistent I brought vehicle back in.
This is the point at which the owner indicated "the service tech that worked on your vehicle does not work here anymore"
He assured me that he would personally check out the the sound.
he thought is was coming from the rear and I thought it was coming from the front.
Told that vehicle needed Wavy washer in rear which could only be obtained through Ford.
Okay... put in the wavy washer ($735.57).
When I picked up vehicle I was told by tech that "owner drove vehicle and rear noise is gone but there is still noise in front, likely needs wheel bearing"
When I drove I noted that it was the same sound I had originally heard after service for rack,struts.spring.
Returned to shop and asked if they would remedy by installing wheel bearing.
Owner on vactation all week but
They said yes. I would purchase bearing and they would install (no labor). Estimate $350
Purchased bearing at Napa ($175). Told by tech that I needed to purchase bearing through them.

Not a fireman or state police man or rescue team member or town official.
Likely, losing my business will not be an issue.
Dan W. from Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 10/11/2018

Ray, the truck you purchased from an auction had 165,000 miles on it, and was previously owned by a lumber company. It was clear it hadn't been maintained or serviced. We were very straight forward with you, when you came in for an inspection. We diagnosed the transmission noise you were hearing, and you DECLINED the repair. We replaced a ball joint on the right front lower, this did not include the alignment due to a ball joint being installed on the lower control arm is less likely to change any alignment adjustments. You came back with a steering concern and we found the electronic steering rack had an internal issue with one of the electric motors. We found one front coil spring broken at the very top which could have happened at anytime. Again YOU did not want to spend much money, so we found you a used electronic steering rack, and recommended both front struts and coil springs be replaced. We did the repairs and the truck was good to go, then u return with a humming noise that was never mentioned from the beginning. I personally checked out the noise, with my other empoyees and the wheel bearings were not loose but when we would drive the vehicle on the lift (we call it air driving) we could hear noises coming from every where. No loose wheel bearings, but possibly a left front wheel bearing making noise, but something from the rear end was making a terrible noise. Advised you that we would need to disassemble the rear end to see what’s going on, you agreed and we took it apart finding a wave plate washer for the side carrier bearings broken and floating around. The rear end housing, got you a price and did the repair. Now with my experience if I had ignored the noise in the rear end it would have cost you thousands of dollars when that rear end blew up due to the broken wave plate washer. This repair in its self was a priority, the wheel bearing yes I acknowledged the noise but prioritize the repairs needed. I think it is unfair for the review you have given us, I understand your frustration but you have to understand you bought a used truck from a auction with multiple problems and noises and high mileage, wanting to address every single noise is very hard to do and can be very expensive. My tech did call me about the wheel bearing and I agreed to install one at no charge , if you paid for the bearing, as far as you purchasing the bearing through us it for two reasons, one is quality of the product and two is the warranty of the part and the repair, yes anyone can walk into a parts store and purchase there own part, but I’ll have to tell you $175 for a wheel bearing is a low grade quality bearing with no warranty. If that’s the type of repair you want, that’s fine with me, but I’m all about quality of the parts and the warranty.

PR
Pat R.
03/23/2015 Category: Service
Pat said this business did not do anything to resolve his initial dissatisfaction, and he still feels the same way about them. He said they contacted him on the telephone, but did not do anything meaningful.

03/23/2015 Category: Service
Pat said that he did not have a very good experience and so he would not recommend this business.
Dan W. from Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 04/01/2015

I was made aware this low score was made due to a failed Vermont state inspection. Vehicle came to our shop for a inspection and the customer was advised the left front wheel bearing was loose and the right front headlight was cracked, customer was given an estimate for these repairs because they do not pass Vermont state inspection. I contacted the customer after receiving this low score and was told they had taken it to the Toyota dealership and Toyota put an inspection sticker on it without repairing the wheel bearing or the headlight, customer stated the dealer has always been really strict on inspections and feels we where trying to rip him off with unnecessary repairs. I tried to explain what Toyota did was wrong and unprofessional and driving with a loose wheel bearing puts everyone on the road at risk! We are very strict on fallowing the Vermont state inspection rules and I will be filing a formal complaint with DMV!

LH
Lee H.
07/30/2012 Category: Service
Lee said they did repair his flat tire to his satisfaction.

07/30/2012 Category: Service
Lee said he was referred to this business by Smuggler's Notch to have a flat tire fixed and he arrived at this business minutes before noon. He said he was met by Dan, who told him he was unable to look at the tire until 1:30 pm when lunch was over, but he could lean the tire against the side of the building and he would look at it then. He said he felt like he was imposing upon this business and Dan, even though he was the customer in need. When he returned to retrieve the tire Dan had fixed it and asked if he wanted it reinstalled on the vehicle. He said he put all the accessories and tools from the back of the vehicle in their proper place, charged a fair price, and did a great job. He said the first impression was not warm or helpful, but the customer service was redeemed when he returned. He would recommend this business because Dan was honest and he is good at what he does.
Dan W. from Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 08/04/2012
Lee, I guess I should apologize for your first impression of my business and I appreciate your honesty, but I did ask you that day if you had time to leave the tire and I would look at it after lunch and you replied sure I'm not leaving town till tomorow . What I don't think you realize is that for employees I have my self as the owner/operator and one part time employee, I was the only one at the shop that day and had other customers to deal with but I did fit you in as soon as I could. I have always helped anyone staying at smugglers notch and we do go the extra mile, like putting the spare tire and all it's tools back in place in the vehicle. I do believe I was being fair considering I did take the job on the fly ontop of all other appointments as I have always done for flat tire repairs but their are just somedays I have to work them into my schedule. I'm glad I redeemed myself but I do feel I was being warm and helpful considering the circumstances. Dan

TH
TINA H.
Ford Expedition EL
12/07/2018
I've brought our vehicle here numerous times and they were very professional and friendly. The waiting area is clean and comfy. They make sure to get the vehicle done when they say and the prices are good.
Great place to take ur business

Okatie, SC
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
12/05/2018
positive experience
My experience at Notch Road Auto was pleasant. I was able to get an appointment quickly. The people I dealt with were polite and responsive. Everything went smoothly. My car was ready when promised and the cost was as estimated.

KC
KAREN C.
12/04/2018
Superior service
Every time I take my vehicle in, I leave satisfied. More than once I've had to call upon Notch Road for something I needed immediately, and each time, they came through. Knowledgeable, reliable, affordable. I feel so fortunate to have reputable auto repair so close to home. Thanks to all of you.

Julie R.
12/04/2018 Category: Service
Julie said they give good service.

TW
TOM W.
11/24/2018
Frame repair
Really appreciate you getting my truck back on line. It works great.

RYAN W.
Ford Police Interceptor
11/21/2018
The owner is a great person/friend
Notch Road Auto is a great Business i would tell anyone to bring there vehicles there for repair and the tow truck they are prompt and ready for the challenge i would recommend them for your tow

CK
CHRIS K.
Honda Civic Cpe
11/19/2018
Not happy, won't be back.
Feel like I was charged twice for the same thing. Nothing fixed for a $130. Bill was $150 knocked off a 1/4 hour to tell me the windshield wipers and heat work fine.

MIKE D.
11/16/2018
They got in done
What I wanted accomplished was forfilled. It did take longer than I would like. Everybody deals with adversity and maybe they had a lot going on.

Toyota Prius c
11/16/2018
Snow tires
Not service oriented or helpful.

Cadillac SRX
11/14/2018
Great service and polite auto technicians.

KJ
KRISTEN J.
11/13/2018
Fast Reliable Service, Great Mechanics
I moved here 2 years ago and have been going here since. They are quick, friendly, reliable, and do great work. They strive on making the customers feel comfortable and safe in their vehicles. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Thanks guys!

AG
ANDERSON G.
Kia Optima
11/08/2018
Tire Changeover
I made an 8 a.m. appointment 3 weeks ago to have my tires switched to winters. The staff was nice in a none personality type of way. But, that wasn't my issue...it was having to wait from 7:55-9:28 for this process to complete. Especially, when I was told by the guy who scheduled my appointment that it was take 45 minutes due to being the 1st repair of the day. I will continue returning to you guys, because, of it being convenient. Just have a little bit more understanding in over promising and under selling.

Miles G.
Nissan Frontier
11/08/2018 Category: Service
Miles said he liked going to this local business, they did good work.

Volkswagen GTI
11/06/2018
Tire swap
Good place to swap tires. They have a touchless machine which doesn’t mark up your rims.

Mariah H.
Nissan Sentra
11/02/2018 Category: Service
Mariah said the staff was really friendly, they're timely, fast and super accommodating.

HC
HOWARD C.
10/31/2018
Notch Road Auto Repair is integrity personified.
The vehicle service for myself, my family and friends that have been helped by Notch Road Auto Repair is
reliable, honest, considerate, thorough and friendly.

CG
Chris G.
Mercury Mountaineer
10/31/2018 Category: Service
Chris said it was hard to get him in for an appointment. Once he got in they did a good job, the turn around was quick and the staff were helpful.