Overall Rating 1.6666667/5rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667

RE
RAY E.
10/05/2018
"Not Thorough"
Called and asked if we could remedy the situation and told that they would contact me when the owner returned.
That was at least two weeks ago.

10/05/2018
"Not Thorough"
Quote from the owner. "The guy who worked on your truck does not work here anymore"
I asked "Did you have a problem with him?"
He replied, "yes, he was not thorough"

First brought in vehicle just to have it checked out and when I purchased the tuck I was aware that it may need transmission.
Also was interested in inspection.
Quotes were given for transmission and finally told that ball joint needed for inspection.
Previous service log provided showed new ball joint 9/2017.
Ball joint installed. Invoice indicated "DOES NOT include alignment" ($313.49) Wife picked up vehicle. Steering was now out of whack. When I drove it I thought maybe it needs alignment.
Brought vehicle back in for alignment($92.85)
Steering still out of whack. Returned for check out.
Now told vehicle needs steering rack, struts and springs.... okay it has 165000 miles. Installed new steering rack, struts, springs. ($1147.23).
Picked up vehicle, drove and heard loud single prop airplane sound. I though, maybe the tires are just wearing were they had not before.
After the sound was consistent I brought vehicle back in.
This is the point at which the owner indicated "the service tech that worked on your vehicle does not work here anymore"
He assured me that he would personally check out the the sound.
he thought is was coming from the rear and I thought it was coming from the front.
Told that vehicle needed Wavy washer in rear which could only be obtained through Ford.
Okay... put in the wavy washer ($735.57).
When I picked up vehicle I was told by tech that "owner drove vehicle and rear noise is gone but there is still noise in front, likely needs wheel bearing"
When I drove I noted that it was the same sound I had originally heard after service for rack,struts.spring.
Returned to shop and asked if they would remedy by installing wheel bearing.
Owner on vactation all week but
They said yes. I would purchase bearing and they would install (no labor). Estimate $350
Purchased bearing at Napa ($175). Told by tech that I needed to purchase bearing through them.

Not a fireman or state police man or rescue team member or town official.
Likely, losing my business will not be an issue.
Dan W. from Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 10/11/2018

Ray, the truck you purchased from an auction had 165,000 miles on it, and was previously owned by a lumber company. It was clear it hadn't been maintained or serviced. We were very straight forward with you, when you came in for an inspection. We diagnosed the transmission noise you were hearing, and you DECLINED the repair. We replaced a ball joint on the right front lower, this did not include the alignment due to a ball joint being installed on the lower control arm is less likely to change any alignment adjustments. You came back with a steering concern and we found the electronic steering rack had an internal issue with one of the electric motors. We found one front coil spring broken at the very top which could have happened at anytime. Again YOU did not want to spend much money, so we found you a used electronic steering rack, and recommended both front struts and coil springs be replaced. We did the repairs and the truck was good to go, then u return with a humming noise that was never mentioned from the beginning. I personally checked out the noise, with my other empoyees and the wheel bearings were not loose but when we would drive the vehicle on the lift (we call it air driving) we could hear noises coming from every where. No loose wheel bearings, but possibly a left front wheel bearing making noise, but something from the rear end was making a terrible noise. Advised you that we would need to disassemble the rear end to see what’s going on, you agreed and we took it apart finding a wave plate washer for the side carrier bearings broken and floating around. The rear end housing, got you a price and did the repair. Now with my experience if I had ignored the noise in the rear end it would have cost you thousands of dollars when that rear end blew up due to the broken wave plate washer. This repair in its self was a priority, the wheel bearing yes I acknowledged the noise but prioritize the repairs needed. I think it is unfair for the review you have given us, I understand your frustration but you have to understand you bought a used truck from a auction with multiple problems and noises and high mileage, wanting to address every single noise is very hard to do and can be very expensive. My tech did call me about the wheel bearing and I agreed to install one at no charge , if you paid for the bearing, as far as you purchasing the bearing through us it for two reasons, one is quality of the product and two is the warranty of the part and the repair, yes anyone can walk into a parts store and purchase there own part, but I’ll have to tell you $175 for a wheel bearing is a low grade quality bearing with no warranty. If that’s the type of repair you want, that’s fine with me, but I’m all about quality of the parts and the warranty.

PR
Pat R.
03/23/2015 Category: Service
Pat said this business did not do anything to resolve his initial dissatisfaction, and he still feels the same way about them. He said they contacted him on the telephone, but did not do anything meaningful.

03/23/2015 Category: Service
Pat said that he did not have a very good experience and so he would not recommend this business.
Dan W. from Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 04/01/2015

I was made aware this low score was made due to a failed Vermont state inspection. Vehicle came to our shop for a inspection and the customer was advised the left front wheel bearing was loose and the right front headlight was cracked, customer was given an estimate for these repairs because they do not pass Vermont state inspection. I contacted the customer after receiving this low score and was told they had taken it to the Toyota dealership and Toyota put an inspection sticker on it without repairing the wheel bearing or the headlight, customer stated the dealer has always been really strict on inspections and feels we where trying to rip him off with unnecessary repairs. I tried to explain what Toyota did was wrong and unprofessional and driving with a loose wheel bearing puts everyone on the road at risk! We are very strict on fallowing the Vermont state inspection rules and I will be filing a formal complaint with DMV!

LH
Lee H.
07/30/2012 Category: Service
Lee said they did repair his flat tire to his satisfaction.

07/30/2012 Category: Service
Lee said he was referred to this business by Smuggler's Notch to have a flat tire fixed and he arrived at this business minutes before noon. He said he was met by Dan, who told him he was unable to look at the tire until 1:30 pm when lunch was over, but he could lean the tire against the side of the building and he would look at it then. He said he felt like he was imposing upon this business and Dan, even though he was the customer in need. When he returned to retrieve the tire Dan had fixed it and asked if he wanted it reinstalled on the vehicle. He said he put all the accessories and tools from the back of the vehicle in their proper place, charged a fair price, and did a great job. He said the first impression was not warm or helpful, but the customer service was redeemed when he returned. He would recommend this business because Dan was honest and he is good at what he does.
Dan W. from Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 08/04/2012
Lee, I guess I should apologize for your first impression of my business and I appreciate your honesty, but I did ask you that day if you had time to leave the tire and I would look at it after lunch and you replied sure I'm not leaving town till tomorow . What I don't think you realize is that for employees I have my self as the owner/operator and one part time employee, I was the only one at the shop that day and had other customers to deal with but I did fit you in as soon as I could. I have always helped anyone staying at smugglers notch and we do go the extra mile, like putting the spare tire and all it's tools back in place in the vehicle. I do believe I was being fair considering I did take the job on the fly ontop of all other appointments as I have always done for flat tire repairs but their are just somedays I have to work them into my schedule. I'm glad I redeemed myself but I do feel I was being warm and helpful considering the circumstances. Dan

Michael M.
02/15/2019 Category: Service
Michael said the employees were wonderful and did a really good job. The price was a little high.

KD
KATIE D.
GMC Yukon
02/14/2019
Notch Road Auto Is The Place To Go
I've been going to Notch Road Auto for years. Their friendly and thorough service can't be beat. My repairs are scheduled and completed in a timely manner and the staff goes above and beyond for their customers. I won't go anywhere else.

TG
Terry G.
02/14/2019 Category: Service
Terry said this business got him in really quick and did the job really quickly. The staff was very friendly and professional.

LAIRD M.
02/12/2019
Tire repair.
Very fast turn around time to install a patch on my Ford Escape tire that had a screw in the tread. Thanks.

David L.
02/07/2019 Category: Service
David said they did a great job.

TF
THOMAS F.
Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
02/05/2019
Prompt freindly professional
Called on superbowl sunday in the middle of game.somebody came right out and towed my son out very professional service

GR
George R.
Saab 9-5
01/24/2019 Category: Service
George said the business was able to figure out everything when his vehicle had an emergency breakdown. They also gave him a ride back to his hotel when it was found that the work would take over a day.

BC
Betsy C.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
01/18/2019 Category: Service
Betsy said the staff provided good customer service. They are truthful about their work, and have a good crew of mechanics.

NM
Nicholas M.
01/10/2019 Category: Service
Nicholas said the employees provided awesome customer service. They provided the best service. He was very impressed with the service efficiency

MO
Margot O.
01/09/2019 Category: Service
Margot said the business does good work. She does have to go back about a couple issues, though.

GM
GINGER M.
Nissan Frontier
12/29/2018
Mindful of customer needs
I really appreciate the fact that when I bring my vehicles in for a mechanical problem, that I probably don't understand myself, your mechanics always make contact with me before repairs are made. They make sure I understand what needs to be done, and what the cost will be BEFORE doing the repairs. That's important to me.

Cheryl M.
12/24/2018
Automotive Repair
Notch Road Auto Repair has always been very thorough, and work is always completed in a timely manner. They stand by the quality of their work, and the mechanics are extremely knowledgeable.

CL
Courtney L.
12/20/2018 Category: Service
Courtney said the employees completed everything she requested. The work was done in a timely manner.

ST
Sara T.
Chrysler 300M
12/14/2018 Category: Service
Sara said the business is good, quick, and there is never a complaint.

NP
Norah P.
12/11/2018 Category: Service
Norah said she appreciates the good service she always receives.

TH
TINA H.
Ford Expedition EL
12/07/2018
I've brought our vehicle here numerous times and they were very professional and friendly. The waiting area is clean and comfy. They make sure to get the vehicle done when they say and the prices are good.
Great place to take ur business

Okatie, SC
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
12/05/2018
positive experience
My experience at Notch Road Auto was pleasant. I was able to get an appointment quickly. The people I dealt with were polite and responsive. Everything went smoothly. My car was ready when promised and the cost was as estimated.