Notch Road Auto Repair

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Sara C. on 07/11/2017
Sara said there was no communication and she was not given options as to where to park her vehicle. They charged $55 a day for storage and they were the only ones to charge for a storage fee. She will not be going back to them.
Vehicle: Toyota Sienna
Service Date: 07/10/2017
Review Created: 07/11/2017
Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 07/24/2017

I'm not sure what the low score and comment is for, but we run a legitimate towing and recovery business. We were called by the Vermont State Police to remove a totaled vehicle from the roadway on a Saturday. Customers son was driving and the vehicle was removed from the road way and brought back to our impound yard where we get $55 a day for storage due to the fact the vehicle was not drivable and could not be moved. Customer owed for the initial towing charge of $125 and 4 days of storage $220, We use a standard rate of $55 a day for storage like everyone else, this is nothing new and is clearly posted at our facility. I would also like to note the vehicle was not picked up till the fifth day which we did not charge for.

Respectfully
Dan Wyckoff

Pat R. ReScore Review on 04/03/2015
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Pat said this business did not do anything to resolve his initial dissatisfaction, and he still feels the same way about them. He said they contacted him on the telephone, but did not do anything meaningful.
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 02/27/2015
Review Created: 03/23/2015

Pat said that he did not have a very good experience and so he would not recommend this business.
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 02/27/2015
Review Created: 03/23/2015
Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 04/01/2015

I was made aware this low score was made due to a failed Vermont state inspection. Vehicle came to our shop for a inspection and the customer was advised the left front wheel bearing was loose and the right front headlight was cracked, customer was given an estimate for these repairs because they do not pass Vermont state inspection. I contacted the customer after receiving this low score and was told they had taken it to the Toyota dealership and Toyota put an inspection sticker on it without repairing the wheel bearing or the headlight, customer stated the dealer has always been really strict on inspections and feels we where trying to rip him off with unnecessary repairs. I tried to explain what Toyota did was wrong and unprofessional and driving with a loose wheel bearing puts everyone on the road at risk! We are very strict on fallowing the Vermont state inspection rules and I will be filing a formal complaint with DMV!

JOSHUA N. on 11/21/2014
"Disappointed Service"
Dirty tires thrown in car despite being asking twice for bags and then being told at the time of payment that $20 had been added to the bill for work that had been done after the fact. This is the second time this happened. Should have listened it my neighbor.
Vehicle: Volvo XC90
Service Date: 11/19/2014
Review Created: 11/21/2014 07:50 AM
Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 11/22/2014

This customer was obviously looking for everything to complain about! First off this Customer brought tires already mounted on rims in the back of his Volvo, and let me add the entire trunk area had been lined in trash bags by the owner, one would assume in preparation for the DIRTY summer tires that are on the own rims to go back in. Owner sent his wife for this appointment and she never asked once for tire bags, I would know as the owner I checked her in and I did the work, we do not provide tire bags unless asked or you purchase new tires and with a trunk lined with trash bags covering everything in The back of the vehicle WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!!!!' I new this review was coming, I have had issues with the customer in the past, and as you can see with ratings of 4 stars and 5 stars from other customer, I think we all know what is going on here!!!!

and last but not least the $20 fee extra, well upon removing the winter tires from the back of the vehicle one of them was flat, found a nail in it, an arrogant mechanic would have ignored it filled it with air and sent them on there way! But we asked to fix it, the winter tire swap was $30 and the tire repair was $20 because it had to be dismounted, repaired, remounted, rebalanced and installed on the vehicle.

We are talking a $54 bill total , our regular mount and balance is $69.21, I offered to refund his money if he was that dissatisfied and he said no.

This day and age it's easier to write something degrading online about people or a business instead of coming in face to face and resolving issues like the old days. im not going to site here and have to respond to every comment because really it comes down to He Said She Said!

And with that said, Joshua we will no longer provide our services to you. Thank you and have a nice day

Alex H. on 05/28/2014
Alex said the bill was more than the quote, they did unnecessary work. They broke something and they charge him for it. He is not recommending them for these reasons and will not be going back.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 05/23/2014
Review Created: 05/28/2014
Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 05/30/2014

Good Morning Alex, Your vehicle came in for a standard Tire Mount & Balance and Oil Change which are pre-set prices here and a headlamp issue which you told us about at the time we scheduled your appointment. We did the tires and the oil change and then we looked into the headlight issue, which the left headlight did not work and the bulb was blown, the bulb was replaced but still did not work. It is our philosophy that we will futher investigate issues such as this to make certain that the repair you requested is righted before your automobile leaves our shop, hence the 1/2 hour labor charge to diagnose the electrical wiring issue affecting your auto headlamp. Your electrical wiring issue affecting your auto headlamp will need further investigation to solve the problem and your automobile will not pass State Inspection unless this wiring issue is diagnosed and solved. Unfortunately, based on your less than favorable review, it is our understanding that we will not have the privilege of solving that electrical wiring issue for you.

Sincerely,
Dan Wyckoff, Owner
Notch Road Auto Repair

Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 05/30/2014

And a phone call would have been apprechiated if you where not happy with the service, but you did not make a phone call you just decided to ding me on this review site with lies about breaking things and doing service that wasn't required.

Dan W. at Notch Road Auto Repair responded on 05/30/2014

Which of course if i broke something I would admit to it and would have advised you, I did not break anything and i did not do any unnessary work.