Open Road Automotive & Tire

Scott S.
03/13/2019 Category: Service
Scott said his vehicle has been misdiagnosed twice at this business, and it cost him a set of tires unnecessarily. The mechanics evaluated a bad capping and had him purchase a set of 4 tires. After the tires were put on, the vehicle was still doing the same thing. He took it to another facility. Within a few hours, it was diagnosed as a rear axle bearing that was out, and repaired. It cost him over $900, after buying a set of tires, and the vehicle is running fine, now. In addition, twice before, after having an oil change at this place his vehicle was a couple of quarts short of oil. He stated he truly believes that the work is not supervised, the technicians do what they think is needed and this business lets the vehicle go without being double checked.

06/19/2018
Wow..not the usual experience
I went in for an oil change at about 1:30 pm on a wed or thurs a week ago. When I went in, there was nobody waiting in the office and the desk guy Fabian (can't recall if that was his name?) was running the front office who should probably be in the garage away from customers. Long story short..in the 1 hour and 45 minutes I waited for an oil change...yea it took that long...I had to endure this guy answering the phone and treating customers in such an unbelievable way! He would flat out BS them up a tree and then call some other store to try and get things done for the customers he was lying to. He was even telling the guy that they don't have 5 star ratings cause they are idiots about cars and treat there customers bad, all at the same time he was doing just that to the guy on the phone. Seems they had too many people not focusing on getting things done. My biggest beef was that if they had too many problems going on that day (there were alot) then be up front with me about how long I'm gonna wait. When he knew they were having alot of issues, you gotta tell the customer that 'if you want an oil change, we'll do it, but we are slammed and this might take awhile.' I usually go to a place on 620 and out in 10 minutes....should have remembered last time...but thats a different story...oh and he said the owner was on vacation to someone on the phone.

JAMES A.
Hutto, TX
Dodge Dakota
08/24/2016
work completed
did a great job.....steering work....first time in years that it ran straight down the road.....thanks James

RL
Richard L.
Ford Five Hundred
07/02/2015 Category: Service
Richard said when he made an appointment to have his oil filter changed, he told the business what type he needed and he still had to wait at the business because they did not have one available at the time.

BETH B.
Nissan Pathfinder
12/02/2014
Sadly didn't get our money worth
My husband specifically asked for high mileage oil to be used. Raven wrote it down on paper, but the tech. used the regular oil, not what we requested. When my husband brought this to her attention, Raven merely said "They are all the same brand of oil. We will give you a discount next time." But she didn't write anything down on the computer, so my husband doubts whether anyone will remember, and it's doubtful there will BE A NEXT TIME! Also, we were charged extra for a "different filter" but it wasn't explained to us what it was or why we had to have it. I was given the name of this business by a friend, and I told my husband it was better than going to the dealership because it would cheaper at Open Road. It wasn't! It was more, AND we didn't get the high mileage oil we specifically requested for our Pathfinder (150,000+ miles). I was disappointed by my recommendation to my husband. I know it was close to closing time on a Saturday, but I expected that not to matter, when we're talking about trying to get repeat customers!!
ChaLyce S., Marketing Director from Open Road Automotive & Tire responded on 12/03/2014

Thank you for bringing our attention to the service you experienced at Open Road Automotive. We would first like to thank you for choosing our establishment and for being a customer. We apologize that you feel like you received poor service, it is not a usual characteristic of our organization. Customer Service is what we would like to pride ourselves on, and that you didn't receive requested high mileage Valvoline Oil tells us that there was something abnormal happening at our shop on that particular day. After looking into the matter further, we were able to find that our parts vendor delivered regular Valvoline oil instead of the high mileage Valvoline oil and this information was not relayed to our technician appropriately. We are doing what we can to ensure this miscommunication does not happen again with any of our customers. Regarding the filter you thought you were charged extra for, there was no question asked about an "additional filter" and the only filter on the ticket was the engine oil filter which is mandatory for all oil changes. With each oil change we conduct, the cabin and engine air filters are checked and if those need to be replaced the customer is immediately notified and asked if he or she would like those to be replaced. In your case, there was no need for a replacement of cabin or engine air filter so you only received a new engine oil filter. Also, your discount was indeed remembered and entered into our system and you will receive a $10 off your next oil change. In addition we also conducted a free diagnostics test, a $42.50 value, because your check engine light was on. The diagnostics showed that it was the Crank Sensor and not an oil or maintenance issue. Again, I want to thank you for choosing Open Road Automotive and want to sincerely apologize for the miscommunication that took place in our store last Saturday. I hope we have cleared things up for you and hope to see you next time. Have blessed holidays and a Merry Christmas. Open Road Customer Service Manager

Joseph W.
Toyota Tundra
08/26/2013 Category: Service
Joseph said the business did not inspect the vehicle before returning it. The axel was still bent, the unspecified sensor was still broken and they did not bleed the brakes. He mentioned he felt frustrated having to bring back the vehicle. He would not recommend this business due to the reason mentioned.